Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #141
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Hope Cubby comes out with a set this year to but after last year I don't blame him for stopping. The key to making a roster set is to keep quiet until it is done. When I created my updated set I didn't post until it was done, that helps avoiding the questions and the scrutiny.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #142
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
I thought I came up with a solution when I said, they could say, we'll put out updated rosters after the all star break.

Are you having a tough time understanding that?
That's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The game starts on opening day. It won't have updated rosters. Not this year. Not next. Not the year after. I'm completely comfortable in saying that even though I don't represent OOTP. Why? Because the game starts on opening day. Other sims may do it differently and that's fine. But OOTP has never done it that way.

They've already said there will be another update to the rosters in another patch. If you're only argument for the rosters being bad is they aren't up to June, then yes, your solution would work. But it ain't gonna happen.
Carplos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #143
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Basically, Im saying, stop being stupid.

Your just bantering with anything I say over and over.

What you should have done, is just let me have my comment for the ootp team, like it was intended and apparently stayed out of the conversation if you werent mature enough to handle it in a manner that allows members of this community to have adult talks.

You clearly need to get on a debate team, or make friends, cause you are obviously someone that has a problem with anyone that says something that you dont agree with, to the point you have to keep going at it over and over and over till you get the last word.

Now you'll have it, cause Ive voiced what I thought, got harassed for it, and simply cannot take dealing with someone that acts like a 15 year old and cant just respect others opinions.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #144
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

If you don't want people to comment on your suggestions, PM them to the developers don't place them on a public forum such as this.

I find people who think they're entitled to things but offer up no evidence or suggestions to their complaints (as you've still failed to do) a detriment to the community. Nobody denies the rosters have issues, but calling them "bad" and offering up nothing serves no one.

I'm sorry if you think this is me needing the last word!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #145
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

no its just you being an idiot.

Im sure, the dev's want me to go gather 200 players names, and come post all that information on here, and explain on each player why my opinion should matter over everyone else's on each player.

And Im sure, that they are gonna sit there and go over every player that nolushhere commented on and see if they agree or not and why not.

This is why I say, you need to grow up and smarten up.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #146
crossthebreeze
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I downloaded the roster fix posted yesterday and I am still noticing quite a few problems after just looking at the Tigers roster.

- Austin Jackson is one of the best center fielders in the game, yet he is listed as the DH?? His CF fielding rating should be bumped up as well.

- Miguel Cabrera has always been the team's cleanup hitter. He is batting third in the game.

- Victor Martinez and Alex Avila should both be in the lineup, with Avila the starting catcher and V-Mart the DH.

- Magglio Ordonez started the season as the #3 hitter, not 2nd or 5th.

- Will Rhymes was the starting 2B at the beginning of the season, and he was the #2 batter.

- Brennan Boesch could use a bump up in ratings. He is a much better hitter than his ratings show. Also, he plays both LF and RF, but the game only lists him at RF.

- Clete Thomas has not been in the majors all year. He should be replaced with Enrique Gonzalez, the team's long reliever.

Here is the correct opening day lineup used for both RHP and LHP:

1) Jackson - CF
2) Rhymes - 2B
3) Ordonez - RF
4) Cabrera - 1B
5) Martinez - DH
6) Boesch/Raburn - LF
7) Peralta - SS
8) Avila - C
9) Inge - 3B

Looks like a great game, but I would love to see these corrections made.
crossthebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #147
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Lineups aren't something they can set. Well, they can. But the minute as AI manager is in charge and you click Sim/Finish Day, it'll change to whatever the in-game Jim Leyland thinks is the best lineup based on ratings.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #148
tward13
All Star Starter

The rosters are the players, ratings and contracts. The AI will set up line-ups based on it's own rules. It's not intended to have the real opening day line-up. That's also why guys are in different minor league levels.

That said, there are still many issues with ratings and contracts.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #149
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
The rosters are the players, ratings and contracts. The AI will set up line-ups based on it's own rules. It's not intended to have the real opening day line-up. That's also why guys are in different minor league levels.

That said, there are still many issues with ratings and contracts.
Watch out cause according to carplos, you cant post that without posting a solution to what your commenting on.

Your saying how there are issues, what issues and solutions plz.

Apparently thats how you have to respond according to him now.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #150
crossthebreeze
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK - fair enough. I still pointed out a few other mistakes that should be corrected.
crossthebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #151
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Hope Cubby comes out with a set this year to but after last year I don't blame him for stopping. The key to making a roster set is to keep quiet until it is done. When I created my updated set I didn't post until it was done, that helps avoiding the questions and the scrutiny.
I wish I could, I get too excited about the sets
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #152
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Well, tward and many others have pointed out specific issues in this and other threads since the pre-order release. None of them posted as entitled little snobs about how they deserve updated rosters cause they spent $40.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #153
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Ive bought this game since it came out, along with inside the park and other things for this company.

I think in all those years, I said I would have expected one thing, is not going too far.

and yeah, I think 40 dollars entitles me to my opinion.

IF you have a problem with me saying something, there are other ways we can deal with that.

Cause quite honestly, Im sick of you trying to act like I have no right to say something on here, unless its said according to your rules.

So if you have a personal problem with the way I asked for one simple thing in like 5+ years, then you can handle that personally then imo.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #154
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright guys; while I appreciate both sides, let's just drop it for now and continue on with the thread.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #155
KentCol
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossthebreeze View Post
I downloaded the roster fix posted yesterday and I am still noticing quite a few problems after just looking at the Tigers roster.

- Austin Jackson is one of the best center fielders in the game, yet he is listed as the DH?? His CF fielding rating should be bumped up as well.

- Miguel Cabrera has always been the team's cleanup hitter. He is batting third in the game.

- Victor Martinez and Alex Avila should both be in the lineup, with Avila the starting catcher and V-Mart the DH.

- Magglio Ordonez started the season as the #3 hitter, not 2nd or 5th.

- Will Rhymes was the starting 2B at the beginning of the season, and he was the #2 batter.

- Brennan Boesch could use a bump up in ratings. He is a much better hitter than his ratings show. Also, he plays both LF and RF, but the game only lists him at RF.

- Clete Thomas has not been in the majors all year. He should be replaced with Enrique Gonzalez, the team's long reliever.

Here is the correct opening day lineup used for both RHP and LHP:

1) Jackson - CF
2) Rhymes - 2B
3) Ordonez - RF
4) Cabrera - 1B
5) Martinez - DH
6) Boesch/Raburn - LF
7) Peralta - SS
8) Avila - C
9) Inge - 3B

Looks like a great game, but I would love to see these corrections made.
The Rangers roster was alittle off too. For example, Napoli not rated at 1B, Lewis and Wilson's Stamina rating far too low. But what I did was just edited them myself and I'm happy.
KentCol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #156
JoshiQ
Minors (Single A)

I can understand the want of having a roster set that includes what guys are doing during the last couple of months, but it isn't realistic. It has to be hard enough to get a roster set made for opening day. Since the guy doing the roster set won't know when Markus is going to release the program, do you expect him to just sit at his computer all day and turn down Uggla's stats as the year goes on? Or edit Granderson to be Babe Ruth?

It has to be what the projections of what the player was going to do before the season began. And people can hope for a fellow user to update the roster at the all-star break, and that would be great if it happened, but there is no way OOTP could afford to hire a guy to just sit there and do rosters all day.

Not to mention the arguments people would have. If somebody created a roster at the end of April then Jeff Francoeur would have to be edited to be some sort of hitting god. The next two months he has looked horrible. So which Frenchy do you want in the roster set? If you released it at the end of April with Frenchy killing the ball, you would have people bitching and moaning once May came around and he started sucking. If you released one now, and Frenchy gets on a hot streak again, you will have people bitching and moaning again in July. It's a no win situation.

The only way to win is to release OOTP with a projection of what people predict players will do in the upcoming year, and allow the other users of the game to come up with their own mod roster sets.
JoshiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #157
JoshiQ
Minors (Single A)

Oh, I do agree that contracts should be set up properly as they were the day of Opening Day. That would seem logical, and there are a few errors. Most of them were fixed with the updated quick start. Only one I can really think of right now is Carlos Silva's contract with the Yankees as Silva signed a minor league contract with them, not a two year contract. But things like that are going to slip through the cracks. Not a big deal.
JoshiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #158
hfield007
All Star Starter

Astros nab hard-throwing righty at No. 19 | MLB.com: News

Michael Foltynewicz the Houston Astros prospect's ratings are a tad horrible. he has a 1 for both of his pitches so he has no stuff at all and his pitche speed is 75-80.

His real pitch speed is around 91,92 and has clocked as high as 96. Please fix.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #159
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I also thought Jordan Lyles was low at one-star potential.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #160
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I also thought Jordan Lyles was low at one-star potential.
They are the top 2 Astro pitching prospects and both have little upside.

Also why do people still keep posting "this guy is way better" about their team's players but provide no stats or anything to base it off of? haha

Contract miss.
They have Kurt Suzuki's 5 year contract in here however instead of getting 5 million in the third year of it in 2012 it's marked as 500,000.

Rf, Ryan Sweeney's power needs to be lowered he has one HR in his last 500 PA and averages 1 every 100 PA for his career.

Last edited by hfield007; 06-23-2011 at 12:01 PM.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote