Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #121
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

A major error that I found in my Astros roster... Carlos Lee is rated as "Extremely Popular".

Seriously, this looks awesome so far. Great job!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #122
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

In my opinion, the game is great, but the roster set is really terrible.

The problem is, its almost the end of june, were about to the all star break. If you play this game, chances are your a baseball fan and have a team you follow or players you like from other teams.

You see what they are doing, all excited oh I cant wait to trade for this guy, or have this or that guy on my team. then you get in the game, and they have like a one star rating, and its really a lot of players if you take the time to go team by team and check it out.

Now you can change the rating yourself, but I hate doing this, because I always feel like Im cheating somehow, and wont be fair to players I dont find as popular to me.

And I understand that I can change the rosters on my own.

But tbh, for 40 dollars a game, I dont think its too much to expect updated rosters that reflect how the players are doing currently.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #123
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
But tbh, for 40 dollars a game, I dont think its too much to expect updated rosters that reflect how the players are doing currently.
The rosters are Opening Day. This has been stated several times. This has been the case every year. Markus has said this numerous times. If you spend $40 and expect something that has never been offered then that's your own fault.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #124
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post
In my opinion, the game is great, but the roster set is really terrible.

The problem is, its almost the end of june, were about to the all star break. If you play this game, chances are your a baseball fan and have a team you follow or players you like from other teams.

You see what they are doing, all excited oh I cant wait to trade for this guy, or have this or that guy on my team. then you get in the game, and they have like a one star rating, and its really a lot of players if you take the time to go team by team and check it out.

Now you can change the rating yourself, but I hate doing this, because I always feel like Im cheating somehow, and wont be fair to players I dont find as popular to me.

And I understand that I can change the rosters on my own.

The roster is an Opening Day Roster, not a current, June 22nd roster. So you can't expect them to rate players through the 2011 so far.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #125
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

first of all, I didnt come out and say I want a refund or this is ridiculous.

so there is no reason to say if you expected this its your fault.

Its my opinion, and I have the right to it. So be respectful, dont come with attitude.

All Im saying is if were gonna get a game almost at the end of june, I would have preferred to wait another 2-3 weeks and have them update the rosters ratings wise, because this is the only form of rosters were gonna get. Noone really comes out with new ones anymore, and if it does happen its rare.

And everyone said over and over, take as long as you want, just want a good product.

The product is good, the rosters are not up to par, just would have preferred some time taken to modify them.

I dont think thats too wrong to ask, and I dont think I came out as disrespectful to the ootp team by stating what I did.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #126
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
The roster is an Opening Day Roster, not a current, June 22nd roster. So you can't expect them to rate players through the 2011 so far.
well at the very least, would it really be that much to ask, for maybe updated rosters at the all star break.

Because if cubby doesnt do it, I havent seen anyone else working on rosters in quite some time.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #127
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
And to be fair, if they did people would bitch about that, too. How about down grading a player doing terrible (looking at Dan Uggla) then he goes on a tear at the end of the season? Bitching. A player is hot at this point at the season, falls off a cliff at the end? Bitching. etc. etc. etc.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #128
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

You don't get it, do you? The rosters were never going to be updated to today. Even if they release the game in September. The game starts on opening day. I haven't perused the updated quickstart to see how the rosters are, but given that they're a combination of previous performance and projection systems, I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreements about ratings.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #129
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well at the very least, would it really be that much to ask, for maybe updated rosters at the all star break.
Yes, it would. For one, increasing/decreasing anyone's ratings based on a half season would be ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #130
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Because if cubby doesnt do it, I havent seen anyone else working on rosters in quite some time.
My rosters are going to have ratings based off of RoS ZIPS projections, which take the first-half into account. Fear not!
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #131
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

people are gonna bitch about things no matter what.

And you know what, they could have said, listen, here is the opening day rosters we made.

Now here are the ones we just updated because it took a little longer then expected to get the game out.

Your choice on how you want to start the game.

Im not bitching, I really dont see how this would have been too much to ask. But Im not running around stomping my feet.

Im just saying, would have been nice, or even hey we'll update the rosters after the all star break.

My problem is while the community of ootp is big, I cannot be the only buyer to see that noone really does the rosters anymore.

Look at cubby's post, he was trying to get one going and people were flipping out cause his life came in the way of getting them done. He didnt get money for this game, he is just a gamer like anyone else, was doing it on his own for the community.

So just would be nice to see like some official roster makers for ootp, or maybe they could hire established roster makers, just throw them some bucks or something, just to get updated rosters now and then
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #132
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
My rosters are going to have ratings based off of RoS ZIPS projections, which take the first-half into account. Fear not!

I really hope you have the time to do it, cause I think like I said the game is great, just was really like dissapointed in the roster ratings, and didnt feel like I just spent 40 bucks to go edit rosters.

So I'll wait for you to hopefully come out with one, thank you very much for the effort you put in.

and if you cant get them done, I understand life comes first.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #133
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
Yes, it would. For one, increasing/decreasing anyone's ratings based on a half season would be ridiculous.
so I guess for the past what is it now 5+ years, a ton of community members of ootp were ridiculous in asking and getting roster makers to come out with all star rosters reflecting trades and such.

I mean give me a break, no its not too much to ask.

Can you explain to me, about how long it takes to make a roster set cause I have no idea, maybe then I would understand.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #134
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

There's a thread (or two) for roster issues. Why don't you go there and explain which ratings you think are inaccurate and what they should be changed to, and most importantly, evidence to change them.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #135
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so I guess for the past what is it now 5+ years, a ton of community members of ootp were ridiculous in asking and getting roster makers to come out with all star rosters reflecting trades and such.
Oh, it's fine if people want them. Yes, it's ridiculous to update ratings based on half a season. Using a projection system like Cubby which combines pre-season projections and actual stats is a good compromise, but when we look at the ratings at the end of the season, how "bad" will his update look? Maybe not at all. Who knows.

And yes, it's ridiculous to ask it from the developers who have far bigger concerns than updating rosters when the game starts on opening day.

Quote:
Can you explain to me, about how long it takes to make a roster set cause I have no idea, maybe then I would understand.
I would imagine it's not easy. Updating an already created one is probably easier, but still difficult.

I mean, back in the OOTP3/4/5 days I wanted to create some Indy league roster sets and back then you had things as simple as A-E for certain ratings and everything could be entered with stats. Now you have to set pitch ratings, potentials, etc. Everything is on the 200/250 scale, no more simple fielding pct for defense.

Probably not easy.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #136
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
There's a thread (or two) for roster issues. Why don't you go there and explain which ratings you think are inaccurate and what they should be changed to, and most importantly, evidence to change them.
Why dont I just simply reply where I feel like replying and if they have a problem with it, the mods or bigwigs in ootp can tell me or move it themselves.

Cause it seems there is nothing wrong with what I stated or commented on, other then it bothers you apparently.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #137
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

If you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Why should anyone respect you if you just insult the rosters but offer no help as to what those problems are?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #138
deadlock0071
Bat Boy

I thought this was a thread for roster issues
deadlock0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #139
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

ahhh I said, I just wish this could have happened.

so am I not allowed to share my opinion because it might be a little negative about ootp. You certainly didnt have any problem when I said the game is great, just about the negative part I put.

so unless your here representing ootp telling me what and when I can post something, then really I think you've voiced enough about your dissaproval about my post.

Oh my god, I didnt realize that the only opinions you could make either had to be positive, or if you said something negative you had to come up with a solution.

I thought I came up with a solution when I said, they could say, we'll put out updated rosters after the all star break.

Are you having a tough time understanding that?

Last edited by nolushhere; 06-22-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #140
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlock0071 View Post
I thought this was a thread for roster issues
Thank you, thats why I posted in here.