Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
zergforums
Bat Boy

Thumbs down No fights, line brawls or bench clearings???

So i just bought the game, then read this thread? No fights in game? No line brawls or bench clearings?

After waiting 3 versions then buying this game, i already want a refund.

I understand the game is mainly for simulation, but fights, line brawls and bench clearings are all part of the game in real life?

Can someone clarify this for me?
zergforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

There are fights. Just no line brawls
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
zergforums
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
There are fights. Just no line brawls
What benefit is there if a player wins a fight?

Also do they have any plans to add line brawls to the game in this version?
zergforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

The fighting provides a small boost of temporary momentum as far as I know for teams, but at the moment there isn't any brawls implemented as of yet. I do believe Jeff has mentioned he will try to get this into the game at some point, its just about patience is all. Perhaps we'll see this by fhm4 ?

I'm a huge hockey fight fan myself and have been for all my life so anything related to this side of the fence excites me, but unfortunately the developers have a very small team going right now and the game can only develop at a certain speed.

I've came to an understanding that not everyone enjoys or puts to much emphasis on fighting anymore, and alot of the old school people such as myself, have learnt to basically enjoy what we have going in the game right now. Its certainly not unplayable by any means but perhaps down the beaten path this area of the game can get some love. Until then, the FHM developers and especially Jeff has worked his arse off and I can't say enough on how engaging they have been in trying to make this the best hockey sim ever developed.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

There's potentially a small impact on the other team's bravery ratings if a fight is won, in addition to the momentum effect.

We'll continue to try to get multi-fight events into the game, but there are some major issues with penalty management and the AI's response to a drastically shortened lineup that'll need to be overcome.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #6
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

This really is that much of an issue for you? How many line brawls are there in the real NHL during a season now days, maybe 1?

I just don't see how something this small could be "make or break" for you.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
This really is that much of an issue for you? How many line brawls are there in the real NHL during a season now days, maybe 1?

I just don't see how something this small could be "make or break" for you.
Well, let's just say that the historical mode statistically is completely (!) off in regards to penalties, because the fisticuff stuff is an alpha version with the most basic of things at best.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote