Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
chimanbj
All Star Reserve

Under Construction

I was surprised and a little excited when I looked at the new home page. It appears that Inside The Park Baseball is "under construction." Does this mean that we'll see a new version of this niche game soon?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimanbj View Post
I was surprised and a little excited when I looked at the new home page. It appears that Inside The Park Baseball is "under construction." Does this mean that we'll see a new version of this niche game soon?
Well, the lack of an official response to this question is certainly not a good sign, nor is the inactivity in this forum.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Seren
Bat Boy

Quote:
I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but my love of hockey got me into Sims. When I first saw ITP I thought it was a great idea and sounded like a fun game. However, when I saw when it was released.. all excitement drained. I too just noticed the "Under Construction" and immediately came here to see if there was an announcement. OOTP could take this concept and apply it to Curling and I would buy it. I really want to sim an athletes career!

Quote:
People ask if I'm a Cubs or White Sox fan...I tell them, proudly, I'm a Phillies Phan!
Awesome sig!
Seren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Seren
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Well, the lack of an official response to this question is certainly not a good sign, nor is the inactivity in this forum.
While I would probably agree, I also would think if they had plans for a new version, they wouldn't let it be known on one of these threads. Either way, it just seems odd to have that image and "link" up about it being under construction.
Seren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
The GEICO Camel
Bat Boy

Guess what day it is?

It's a good day for Markus to announce a new version of the game!

Eh? Markus?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
Recoilius
Bat Boy

I have the original version and I really enjoyed it. I was disappointed that it didn't get more support back in the day. But it was pretty stable and I wish they had kept making new ones. Time to cross fingers and hope they go for it again!
Recoilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Oneida
Minors (Triple A)

I have hoped for some sort of activity in this forum for years, I wish they would sell it to someone who would do something with it, I also wish they would just respond and tell us they are not going to do anything, so my hope would finally end.

But mostly I wish they would make a hockey version of this game, I would pay 100 bucks for such a game
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
Wig
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I got the ootp15 e-mail and was also lured in by the itp box on the home page.
I have no comments left for an update to itp or a new version, except to say I'd welcome it.

Most important, why is there no free full-version of itp available?
I want to play again, but I am not paying $20 for an 10+ year old text base sim. Even the ootp games a few years old are free. I do not have my old license, obviously I have payed for and played this game. I loved it. I would get an itp 2 if released. But paying for it is madness. Being that you can get the iootp app for $2, I'd pay $2 for a full-version of itp.

And Oneida got his hockey wish (congrats), but I recall his earlier wish, those many years ago, was for a new itp...

On February 28, 1991, Don Mattingly was named the tenth captain in team history. He was an All-Star 6 times. He won nine Gold Glove awards from 1982-1995. He was AL batting champ in 1984 and MVP in 1985.
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #9
Wig
Minors (Double A)

So I believe ITP is only 9.99 now. Still too much. Somehow I managed to dig up my purchase order from 2003. Got a new license and am about to take the mound!

On February 28, 1991, Don Mattingly was named the tenth captain in team history. He was an All-Star 6 times. He won nine Gold Glove awards from 1982-1995. He was AL batting champ in 1984 and MVP in 1985.
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote