Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #201
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
I hope I don't jinx you in any way, but you really are one of the absolute best managers in the entire Perfect Team universe. Good luck in the rest of your series!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Yeah, I agree. Even before he had a good team, he had a good team. And although I joked about it being magic, obviously he's doing something right because his success was beyond what luck could account for.
Aww shucks, you guys.

Thank you for the kind words! The sentiment is definitely mutual. None of us have TOP WHALE teams and yet we do our best each week, scheming to topple the whaliest of the whales.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #202
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

There ain't no cure for the Singapore Blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Good luck against those Singapore Sluggers. If you win two, great.
If you don't, sing the Singapore Blues.
In the fateful game 6, Huntley took the field in the bottom of the 8th with a 4-2 lead. Roger Clemens had completed his redemption after last year's playoff disasters with another solid start (5 innings, 2 runs), and the offense had scratched out single runs in the first 4 innings to support him. After 2 scoreless innings from Dennis Eckersley, Lee Smith took the mound, looking to hold the Sluggers at bay for Eric Gagne in the 9th.

Mickey Cochrane struck out swinging, but Willie Mays singled. Perhaps too hastily, the Red Raiders' manager pulled Smith in favor of Vida Blue. He induced a ground out from George Brett for out number 2, with Mays moving up to second, but then switch-hitter Ozzie Smith grounded one through the infield and Mays raced home. Joe DiMaggio coaxed a walk, taking a borderline 3-2 pitch for ball 4, and up came Josh Gibson. Blue got ahead 0-2, but after a ball, Gibson fouled off 4 straight pitches before grounding a single through the infield. Ken Griffey came up throwing, but Smith slid around the Yogi Berra tag to tie the game at 4. Ty Cobb grounded out to end the inning, but the damage was done.

But the Red Raiders refused to quit! In the top of the 10th, with 1 out, Luke Appling drew a walk off Singapore's Mariano Rivera. Dennis Eckersley came on and got Mickey Mantle to ground out, but Carl Yastrzemski walked. George Brett, ice cold in the playoffs entering the game, stared down Eck, waited for his pitch, and banged his third hit of the night all the way to the wall. The double scored Appling, and Huntley reclaimed the lead, 5-4. Arky Vaughan had the chance to add to the damage, but he grounded out. Still, Huntley was back on top, and a game 7 loomed.

Eric Gagne strode to the mound for his second inning of work. Singapore's George Brett promptly greeted him with a line-drive single. Again quite possibly too hasty with the hook, Huntley brought Cy Blanton into the game. Ken Griffey singled and Honus Wagner walked, leaving the sacks packed with Sluggers, nobody out, and Eck, Smith, Blue, and Gagne already used up out of Huntley's bullpen. The game, and potentially the series, was Cy Blanton's to win or lose.

Josh Gibson, who had tied the game in the 8th, sent a fly ball deep into left field. Mickey Mantle raced back and made the catch, but it was too deep to stop Brett from tagging and coming home and Griffey scampering to third. Singapore had once again tied the game and was poised to win it.

With Ty Cobb at the plate, Wagner stole second. Frustrated, Blanton's next pitch "slipped out of his hands" and plunked Cobb, reloading the bases with still only 1 out. Mighty Babe Ruth came to bat, but Blanton hunkered down, and on a 2-2 count, the Babe went down swinging. All that stood between Huntley and an 11th inning was King Kelly.

King took ball one, then fouled off a pitch. Blanton induced a swinging strike, and the Red Raiders were one strike away from escaping with the game still tied. But Kelly lined the next pitch over the infield, and long before Griffey touched the plate, the celebration in Singapore had begun.

Despite a 115-win season and coming up only 2 games short of a fourth Perfect title, Huntley did not factor much into the postseason awards, with the only earned hardware an AC Platinum Stick for SS Luke Appling and his .312/.414/.414, 135 wRC+, 5.9 WAR batting line. Vida Blue finished second in the Reliever of the Year award voting with 5 first-place votes, with Lee Smith and Warren Spahn each receiving one vote; Don Sutton and Rube Marquard finished third and sixth in the Pitcher of the Year award voting with 63 and 17 votes, respectively; and Appling (8th place) was the only top-10 Huntley representative in the Most Valuable Player award voting, with Sutton, Marquard, Jackie Robinson, Mantle, and Yastrzemski also receiving votes.

On to 2045!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #203
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Miners fall 4 games to 2 in the Diamond 369 Series to the St. Louis Browns. The Browns had the better team and I knew we would have to have some luck to pull it of but it wasn't meant to be. 95 Albert Pujols was named MVP of the series. The some-what-sorta-cool thing is the Browns are a Cardinals theme team, which is what the Miners were until they stalled in Diamond and changes were made. And an all Missouri championship is all right by me.

Congrats to the St. Louis Browns and manager IT0623 on their first championship!

Now back to Perfect!

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #204
Magus978
All Star Starter

When I said "This. Ends. NOW.", I meant it.

Game 6 - Boppers 4, Togers 0
Blitzkrieg win series 4-2
W - Schilling, L - Newhouser, SV - C. Simmons

Series MVP: John O'Neil (.364, HR, 4 RBI)

I would have given the series MVP to Schilling...did not give up a run in two starts (14 IP). Won the decider on short rest.

Boppers grab their second diamond level championship. Now we want a perfect league title. #OneForTheLeftMiddleFinger

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-23-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:04 AM   #205
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On to 2045!
Tough game, but a great story. Thanks!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:05 AM   #206
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Hmmm...The Frogs have a 3-2 lead over Virginia Beach and I'm getting the uber-long simulation after G6. Could it be? Dare I close and re-open OOTP to find out what happened?

Old 09-23-2019, 12:06 AM   #207
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Hmmm...The Frogs have a 3-2 lead over Virginia Beach and I'm getting the uber-long simulation after G6. Could it be? Dare I close and re-open OOTP to find out what happened?
No, just wait. I love that wait...
Old 09-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #208
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Lightning can strike the same team twice! Frogs add to the trophy case after powering through a weak league, but then two very good teams (132-win WhoDats and 137-win Freaks) in the postseason.

SUPER ICHIRO wins PL series MVP and my 100 Seaver beat Virginia Beach's 100 Walter in the clincher.

Side note, finishing that SE Vida Blue collection before the playoffs turned out to be very wise. It seemed like he got into almost every game. He made 11 appearances in the postseason (team played 15 games), saving 3 (including the clincher), and winning 1. Nice.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #209
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sweep... sweep... SWEEP! My first 11-0 postseason.

Name:  sweep.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  89.8 KB

MVP award: Joe DiMaggio .339, 33 HR, 133 RBI
PotY award: Curt Schilling 21-5, 2.15 ERA (his 6th, he got all 30 first-place votes)

I had 8 gold achievements this season and earned 49,001 points - by far my best total.

Thanks again for all that help last Sunday!
Old 09-23-2019, 12:37 AM   #210
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Lightning can strike the same team twice! Frogs add to the trophy case after powering through a weak league, but then two very good teams (132-win WhoDats and 137-win Freaks) in the postseason.
Congrats! That is an incredible playoff run, for sure! And selfishly, I'm thrilled because A) I didn't end up jinxing you, and B) Huntley can now be mentioned in the same breath as the Freaks for something, which is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Congrats, Orcin! 11-0...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:15 AM   #211
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Attachment 648902

PotY award: Curt Schilling 21-5, 2.15 ERA (his 6th, he got all 30 first-place votes)

I had 8 gold achievements this season and earned 49,001 points - by far my best total.

So your new additions (and changes) paid off and and in such impressive fashion! Congratulations!!

49k?! Nice! I think my record was around 30k. These days, we don't even make 20k.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:18 AM   #212
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

SUPER ICHIRO wins PL series MVP and my 100 Seaver beat Virginia Beach's 100 Walter in the clincher.

Side note, finishing that SE Vida Blue collection before the playoffs turned out to be very wise. It seemed like he got into almost every game. He made 11 appearances in the postseason (team played 15 games), saving 3 (including the clincher), and winning 1. Nice.

You sure do have a knack for knocking off top teams. Congratulations!

p.s. - By the way, your talking about "Super Ichiro" is what got me to checking into getting him and he ended up being a great addition to my team so thanks!
Old 09-23-2019, 01:29 AM   #213
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The sim took an unusually long time to finish, even for a win so I knew what had transpired. This win feels great, because I worked so much harder to get it. Unfortunately, we fell 1 game short of beating a whale in the division race and 1 game short of having the best record (which still hasn't happened), but I guess winning the WS will suffice.

After having an off year, Willie Mays won the WS MVP. After him, my high powered offense was led by Boudreau and Lava - just who you'd expect. Most of the best performers in the regular season didn't contribute as much in the post-season.

Fun fact: After winning 120 games, leading the league in R (3rd in RA) and being only 2 over Pyt, you'd think there would be multiple awards awaiting us. Well, for the 1st time ever, the Raccoons didn't win a single award. Nothing. We weren't even high up on the list in any of the awards voting. Teamwork won this one. And micromanaging (I'll keep believing this even if it's not true).

p.s. - We've now won 4 WS in the past 7 years! I can't believe how lucky we've been.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 09-23-2019 at 01:43 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:59 AM   #214
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Attachment 648902

Congratulations
Old 09-23-2019, 02:04 AM   #215
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Attachment 648902

Congratz!! I been telling you about old Joe

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:12 AM   #216
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Bad News Bulldogs snuck into the playoffs via 2 elimination games after being tied with 3 others for the 2nd wildcard spot, they recovered from 2-0 down in the division series, swept the sub league series and took the finals after a bit of a wobble at 3-0, 4-2 with Barry Larkin as series MVP. This was completely unexpected from a team who were sub .500 at the end of July. The big changes were picking up Hugh Duffy at Dh and Hank Aaron getting hot. the only end of season award was Aaron picking up a Great Glove at RF. Our last trip into Perfect wasn't a pleasant 2 seasons and our bullpen still sucks

over in Perfect 447 San Diego Music beat Cincinnati Reds 4-1 to take the title with Mike Trou being series MVP, Paragon City Heroes only post season award was a great bat for Buck O'Neil who has already been sold as part of our rebuild, we've bought SE Nomar, SE Sisler, SE Colavito, Maddox and Ozzie Smith to try to pep up the offence and defence

Over in Gold 325 the series is still tied at 3 between the Iowa Brewers and Peachtree Penguins. good luck to both from the Neuman Furshlugginers... The Pnguins won game 7

The Neuman Furshlugginers had a mediocre season but with spectacular individual performances, Gregg Jefferies received his 3rd straight MVP while earning 2320 PP on the season, what a great purchase he's been (i have such a crush on him i bought a fresh one for my main team to see how he'll do in perfect)

Last edited by Marleigh; 09-23-2019 at 03:21 AM.
Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:45 AM   #217
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Everett Aquasox had themselves a season. 107 wins earned us home-field throughout the playoffs. Then, the 104-win OSU Buckeyes (who finished second in our division) lost in the WC and the 106-win Madison Muscles got upset by a WC team in their half of the bracket. Still, it wasn't easy, as we went the distance in both the LCS and the Bronze League series. Still, it's the first piece of hardware for the Froggies.

Then the post-season awards come rolling in:

Edgar Martinez MVP
J.J. Putz Reliever of the Year
Ichiro Suzuki Batting Champ (5th straight year)
Ken Griffey Jr Silver Slugger
Edgar Martinez Silver Slugger
Ken Griffey Jr Gold Glove
Robinson Cano Gold Glove

It won't be easy to keep our playoff streak alive next season in Silver, but the Froggies are up for the challenge.#DriveForSeven

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:05 AM   #218
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Congrats! That is an incredible playoff run, for sure! And selfishly, I'm thrilled because A) I didn't end up jinxing you, and B) Huntley can now be mentioned in the same breath as the Freaks for something, which is cool.
Well, you see, my managing skills are just so high that there was never really any danger of a jinx. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
You sure do have a knack for knocking off top teams. Congratulations!

p.s. - By the way, your talking about "Super Ichiro" is what got me to checking into getting him and he ended up being a great addition to my team so thanks!
Good to hear. I love his 117 DEF in RF and even his ho hum 101 DEF in CF. I feel like I just started to master his player strategy settings during this season. Hopefully his stats will be even better for that next week. Him batting .440 in the PL series was very helpful.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #219
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Oof. I called it a night up 3-2 in the World Series against the Cottage Grove Tube Sox. The Sox had the best record in the AC and a very good team. But I thought I'd be able to finish them off needing to only win one of 2 at home and with 25-3 Ed Walsh and 27-4 Walter Johnson (eventual Pitcher of the Year). Instead, they combined to give up 20(!!) runs over the two games and the Dolphins bats only put up 6. That's a crummy way to end what had been a dream season. Congrats to everyone who added a trophy to their cases this season. On to the next.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #220
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Back-to-back-to-back PL champions!!! Oh, yessssssssssssssss