Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 08-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

Auction Players Source?

Okay, at the risk of sounding dumb... Where are these players coming from in the auction? Are they just in my league? Confined to Perfect, Diamond, etc...? All leagues?

I just wonder because some players are hard to find, while other are there in bunches.

I also notice that many of the "mission" players get their prices jacked up, even more so than others.
willat0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
justpatrick
Major Leagues

The players come from all who are playing the game, not just your league. For guys who don´t come up very often, you just have to be patient until you get your guy. Often not an easy thing to do.

And yes, the prices of some mission players have ballooned far above their actual value in the game, which makes it a bit tough on people who just want the player for his ability. Not much you can do about it, other than not buying him and moving on.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Before missions, a lot of players with attributes not valued by the community (low movement, low defense, low contact, whatever) had extremely low demand. Missions created a double whammy of increasing demand while also taking those players out of circulation. It also created chokepoints, as players can identify easily enough the players that are the highest rated or rarest of those needed to complete the mission, which is why Wally Judnich, the highest rated Brown needed to complete their mission, saw his price increase far more than George Sisler's 84 OVR card or the Diamond Harland Clift.

Eventually, it is believed that most cards, if not all, will be associated with at least one mission, so this is an issue which will only get more complex.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

Well, maybe the more players that are involved with missions, the more diluted the pool will be, and smooth out the cost of players.

I was just looking for a CF and saw several Mike Cameron (84) for around 7k PP. Wow, I thought, this guy must be good. But, his offense is mediocre at best. I figured he must be in some mission and moved on.
willat0660 is offline   Reply With Quote