Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
drummerJ99
Minors (Triple A)

AAA team in same city as MLB

Hey guys pretty new to OOTP and I started a league and expanded to 32 teams, with one of those teams being in Louisville, KY. Louisville already has the Reds affiliate AAA Bats. I left them there for season 1 but now that I'm in the offseason I'm wondering does having a AAA team in same city as MLB team affect the MLB teams attendance at all? I didn't know how in depth OOTP got. So wondering if I should move the AAA Bats or just leave them be.
drummerJ99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerJ99 View Post
does having a AAA team in same city as MLB team affect the MLB teams attendance at all?
No.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

It would gnaw at me if that happened in my universe. Although as already answered it doesn't affect attendance at all that would never happen in real life and the minor league team would vamoose out of there. Move them to Lexington or something.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
drummerJ99
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
It would gnaw at me if that happened in my universe. Although as already answered it doesn't affect attendance at all that would never happen in real life and the minor league team would vamoose out of there. Move them to Lexington or something.
Yeah I'm still leaning toward moving them, for realism. LOL
drummerJ99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
deacon2817
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
In real life the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones both play in the same city as their MLB parent team.
deacon2817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon2817 View Post
In real life the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones both play in the same city as their MLB parent team.

New York has more then 10 times the population of Louisville so I think they can handle having minor league teams in the same city. I doubt a population like Louisville could do the same.

Move them for realism
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #7
cheo25
All Star Reserve

The Gwinnett Stripers, the Braves' Triple-A affiliate, essentially play in Atlanta. Gwinnett County is an unincorporated area within metro Atlanta, according to Wikipedia. I lived in Atlanta, and Gwinnett County is basically to the north of Atlanta proper. It's a suburb.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
dbqs
Major Leagues

Yeah it's not completely unheard of, the Tacoma Rainiers (AAA) ballpark is less than 45 mins away from the Seattle Mariners' park to the south - and the Everett AquaSox (A-) even closer to Seattle from the north.
That said, Louisville metro area is still about a third of the size of Seattle's.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #9
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerJ99 View Post
Hey guys pretty new to OOTP and I started a league and expanded to 32 teams, with one of those teams being in Louisville, KY. Louisville already has the Reds affiliate AAA Bats. I left them there for season 1 but now that I'm in the offseason I'm wondering does having a AAA team in same city as MLB team affect the MLB teams attendance at all? I didn't know how in depth OOTP got. So wondering if I should move the AAA Bats or just leave them be.
to answer your question, no one in the game has any awareness that they are in a particular city. you could relocate every MLB team to oil city, pennsylvania and still bring in millions of fans throughout the league

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #10
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
Yeah it's not completely unheard of, the Tacoma Rainiers (AAA) ballpark is less than 45 mins away from the Seattle Mariners' park to the south - and the Everett AquaSox (A-) even closer to Seattle from the north.
That said, Louisville metro area is still about a third of the size of Seattle's.
You obviously have never driven from Tacoma to downtown Seattle on I-5. Forty-five minutes! Ha, ha, ha.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #11
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Happens frequently in the NHL. Toronto and Winnipeg both have their minor league teams in the same city. The Flyers did for a while until they tore down the Spectrum.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #12
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
Happens frequently in the NHL. Toronto and Winnipeg both have their minor league teams in the same city. The Flyers did for a while until they tore down the Spectrum.
Detroit too, but then the IHL folded. I mean, technically the vipers played in auburn hills, but still...

Last edited by Tram2Whitaker; 08-02-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Tram2Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Toledo isn't far from Detroit. Cleveland has two farm teams within 40 miles of Progressive Field, a Double-A team in Akron and a single-A team in Eastlake.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:06 AM   #14
Bobfather
All Star Starter

What about Yankee Mets, Whites ox, Cubs. And other leagues Jets Giants, Nets Knicks etc. Historicly Red Sox Brave. Their are plenty of examples of a sport having 2 teams in the Same area. And how many places have teams from more that 1 sport, In closing I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited by Bobfather; 08-09-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #15
Reed
All Star Starter

A few years ago, Nashville had 2 minor league teams that shared the same stadium.
There was a AA team in another state, I forget their name, that was getting their stadium renovated and it was going to take a couple years so the owner of the AAA Nashville Sounds let them use the Nashville stadium for those 2 years. They had to work out the schedule so that when one team was in town, the other team was out of town.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #16
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
The Gwinnett Stripers, the Braves' Triple-A affiliate, essentially play in Atlanta. Gwinnett County is an unincorporated area within metro Atlanta, according to Wikipedia. I lived in Atlanta, and Gwinnett County is basically to the north of Atlanta proper. It's a suburb.
Gwinnett County is an unincorporated area? No...it is a county in Georgia.I think Gwinnett County can handle a minor league team.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #17
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Well, it hasn't really hurt the Cubs having a minor league team 8 miles south.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #18
PurpleHaze34
Bat Boy

I think I'd move the Bats. I live in Louisville and I have a hard time, for realism, seeing this market do both a AAA team and an MLB team.
PurpleHaze34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:41 PM   #19
slic1149
Major Leagues

If one really wants to see some unbelievable stats and inexplicable occurrences then I suggest spending a couple of hours exploring Baseball Reference. There are some things that are absolutely unrealistic. Yep, real professional baseball over the years is completely devoid of reality. Really, check out the stats, and one would have to agree that MLB is actually a completely broken game and in need of entirely new programmers.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #20
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Four minor league teams play within 25 miles of Tropicana Field.
Brad K is online now   Reply With Quote