Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
MadDogg
Bat Boy

Players missing from historical teams

I started a new league with historical teams and have encountered the usual problems with those; like unusual batting orders and pitching rotations which make no sense. However, I have found at least two major players missing on their teams and I don't know how to replace them. One was Vic Wertz of the 1954 Cleveland Indians, and another is Marquis Grissom of the 1995 Braves. I created a fictional player and named him Vic Wertz for the Indians but I could not duplicate all the settings, of course. There may be others missing but I have not gone through every team yet. The Braves are also missing some pitchers.

I realize if players are acquired during the year this might be a problem but Grissom started 130 games. And I am not sure how to handle players traded away (like Garciaparra for the 2004 Red Sox).

Any ideas what I can do?
MadDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Pirates
Major Leagues

You don't need to create a fictional player for missing players.
Use Historical important for that particular player, you are missing.
This way you have the actual player.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like you may want to use at least real transaction and maybe even real lineups. If you do, Vic should show up on the Indians right around June 1st 1954. Grissom should join the Braves April 6th 1995
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
MadDogg
Bat Boy

Where is that setting

I am having trouble finding those settings. Can I change it once the season has started?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
I am having trouble finding those settings. Can I change it once the season has started?
Are you asking me or Pirates?

If me, the real transactions/real lineups is under the historical menu. I'm not really sure if you can change it once the season has started. My guess is no, as I think the game needs to load the transaction file. But, like I say, I'm not sure.

When you use the historical wizard to set up a historical league, the option for real transactions, real lineups will be the second screen the wizard takes you to. The options are at the top.

Real transactions will give you all the trades, free agent signings etc. But, you/AI can still set lineups, determine the 25 man roster etc.

Real lineups will give you the actual starting lineups for every game including the starting pitchers

Leave injuries off when selecting these. OOTP now has most injuries factored into the game when using real transactions or real lineups.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
MadDogg
Bat Boy

Still confused

I apologize for being so dense and I appreciate your help. The historical transactions and historical lineups appear only to be applicable to historical leagues using a single season. I think I need to create a fictional league to use teams from different seasons. That takes the historical transaction out of the picture, I think. Am I wrong. Is there a way around this?
Old 05-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
I apologize for being so dense and I appreciate your help. The historical transactions and historical lineups appear only to be applicable to historical leagues using a single season. I think I need to create a fictional league to use teams from different seasons. That takes the historical transaction out of the picture, I think. Am I wrong. Is there a way around this?
Yes, the historical transactions/real lineups are only available for historical leagues,. I've never imported teams individually, so I would be no help there. When you import a team, does it give you the option to choose the roster at beginning of season or that of the end of the season? I think I read somewhere that it does that for tournaments now.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
MadDogg
Bat Boy

Import from where

To Pirates: I tried to import a player but it just gave me a list of files. None of them seemed to have the player. He was on another team and was traded midway through the season, like Vic Wertz. I have no idea where to import him from.

There is an option for tournaments for the roster at beginning or end of season but not for league play.

Thanks for your help everyone. Maybe it is just not possible to do what I want to do.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Did you ever get this sorted? You don't want to import as Grissom is not missing. He was traded from the Expos to the Braves for Roberto Kelly (among others). If you want Grissom on the Braves, go into commissioner mode and do the trade.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #10
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It does work for 2019 and beyond in News Players Transaction show up but have to check it each year.