Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #81
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

By the way when I talk Championships from now on , I am only counting the Perfect League Championships as far as teams go. Like in real life it is the Major League Championships That count. When you win a Championship in the Perfect league you are beating the best of the best and should be rewarded as such. Just my opinion but when I talk about Championships of Teams it will be about the Perfect league. As a example the Sharks came in as a Diamond Champions and are in last place in NC Central Division and are only 3 games ahead of being relegated in their first year in Perfect. The Perfect league is a Major league. Any team in this league can be proud of being one of the best in the PT universe. Bar none...

Last edited by Zorro; 04-13-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #82
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Speaking strictly to the Guelph Blues I see we have both owned the 98 Ruth the same amount of time with yours out hitting mine with a .227 ave and 2 homers with 6rbi in 13 games compared to my .200 ave 1 homer and 4 rbi in 12 games. So far it is a race to the bottom.😡

Have to say I also noticed this. Not the start either of us hoped for safe to say...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #83
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
By the way when I talk Championships from now on , I am only counting the Perfect League Championships as far as teams go. Like in real life it is the Major League Championships That count. When you win a Championship in the Perfect league you are beating the best of the best and should be rewarded as such.

Could not agree more. The other championships are merely extra award icons with little to no meaning.

It is funny how some PT20 whales made sure to end up in iron so they could gather championships in every league.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #84
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
The Dragons are trying to win an incredible 3 straight Championships with the help of their tripped up stadium.(Which is getting quite old by the way) The most games they have ever won in the perfect league is 100. They actually ave about 90 wins a year leading me to believe they are built for a playoff run when getting there with the help of that Stadium of theirs. It seems to work for them as far as Championships go and that is what we play for.

They usually have a terrific home record but can’t win a lot of games on the road.
Not an easy team to defeat. Wish I did not sell off all my extra players a while back. It would have been good to have some extra players specifically for facing them at their stadium.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #85
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

On this rainy Saturday in New York I will be enjoying 2 events happening today. 1. The Masters and 2 . Watching the two best teams in The Perfect 419 League battle it out for the AC West Division. They have been back in forth all season long and now Seattle holds a half game lead over Central going into September. They only play each other 3 more times this season all at Base Thieves Park Which could be a very important series. I will be watching this race carefully all day long. Can the Base Thieves hold off a great hitting Falcon team? They have the number 1 and number 2 offenses in the AC Conference with Seattle holding the edge in Pitching. It will be a great September to watch. It is huge because the Winner most likely will have home advantage throughout the AC Playoffs while the loser will just be a on the road Wild Card team. Wow.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #86
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
On this rainy Saturday in New York I will be enjoying 2 events happening today. 1. The Masters and 2 . Watching the two best teams in The Perfect 419 League battle it out for the AC West Division. They have been back in forth all season long and now Seattle holds a half game lead over Central going into September. They only play each other 3 more times this season all at Base Thieves Park Which could be a very important series. I will be watching this race carefully all day long. Can the Base Thieves hold off a great hitting Falcon team? They have the number 1 and number 2 offenses in the AC Conference with Seattle holding the edge in Pitching. It will be a great September to watch. It is huge because the Winner most likely will have home advantage throughout the AC Playoffs while the loser will just be a on the road Wild Card team. Wow.

The AC West is honestly as good a two horse race as I've ever seen. They've been on a string leap frogging each other (but never by very much once the Base Thieves caught the early run the Falcons got off to) all year long. Will be fun to see how tonight plays out.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
The AC West is honestly as good a two horse race as I've ever seen. They've been on a string leap frogging each other (but never by very much once the Base Thieves caught the early run the Falcons got off to) all year long. Will be fun to see how tonight plays out.
I’m with you my friend. It is going to be fun to watch. Btw, I am really disappointed in this 98 Ruth. All he has done for me is mess up my defense. (My choice by moving players around) I think I am going to watch him one more game just for fun and then dump him and put my team back in order. He just did not work out for me. I sure hope your Ruth works out a hell of a lot better then mine. 👍
Old 04-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #88
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Just thought I would mention this . I am finding 19 so enjoyable the more seasons we play. The history grows. I am so happy I decided to play 19:for two years. I am going to do the same thing with OOTP21 next year. I just want to say with you and Joe in the same league it makes it so much more fun. You are both active posters and are fun to read and react (Word?) with. You both also seem to get me and my sometimes weird post. I really get into this game and sometimes I just let my feelings out on how I feel about my team and the way it is performing . You both never put down my feelings and seem to understand I am just enjoying the hell out of this experience. I thank you both for that and I am very thankful we play in the same league together. It also keeps the game very active and I learn so much from both of you about our opponents as we travel throughout this league. Thank you both for the fun you bring me. Now back to the race between Seattle and Central. Good stuff there.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #89
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Of course in their final series against each other Seattle and Central split the first two games of their series. With Seattle winning the third game they now lead the Central by 1 and a half games and 2 in the loss column with 20 to play. What a fight for not only Division but Conference and perhaps leagues best record. Wow....
Old 04-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It is official. For the 19th straight season the Rocky Point Zorros Are in the Playoffs. The magic number for the Division is 4. 😁
Old 04-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Wow this is a interesting fact. Rocky Point has made 95 errors so far this season. That is the most in the league. 😨
Old 04-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #92
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I'll have to follow the thread tomorrow to see how the playoffs play out.

Zorro, not too big a haul yesterday. I picked up 75 1960 cards. Good cards were Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts and Luis Aparicio. I'm waiting on Yaz rookie card from ebay and I really need to get Willie McCovey's 1960 rookie card.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #93
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'll have to follow the thread tomorrow to see how the playoffs play out.

Zorro, not too big a haul yesterday. I picked up 75 1960 cards. Good cards were Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts and Luis Aparicio. I'm waiting on Yaz rookie card from ebay and I really need to get Willie McCovey's 1960 rookie card.
I was wondering who you got my friend.😁
Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

My wife wants to go to the movies so good luck Joe on your Division Run. See you in the morning....😁
Old 04-13-2019, 11:56 PM   #95
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
My wife wants to go to the movies so good luck Joe on your Division Run. See you in the morning....

Thank you. Everyone is back from Nassau and recovering from sunburns so this is our day off to just relax and enjoy real baseball.

I will be online later in the evening to see how the day played out and look forward to tomorrow.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:21 AM   #96
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Hate how both of my teams (Red and Blue) are playing into this division chase, but happy to say it's playing out fair and you're doing ok by us Joe. We took 2 of 3 in both series with the Falcons for you, and we split 2-2 in both series with your Base Thieves. In my opinion that's a win win for me and keeps you ahead in the game. Any time I can have both my teams play .500 against you two that's good, but even better when I do better than .500 against the Falcons that's good for BOTH of us!

Good luck in this last series and into the playoffs!!
Old 04-14-2019, 01:39 AM   #97
joehart
All Star Starter

Thank you so much. I really needed those extra wins this season. Usually I have a hard time against your teams and I am not surprised when I lose a series.

We faced each other almost all day today.
Hopefully your teams will be shuffled a little better next time.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #98
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Final standings
Attached Images
Old 04-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #99
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Playoff tree
Attached Images