Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #1661
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
This represents the entire season, so some of these games have already been played. Port Ruppert has the shortest schedule, with 39 games, so it should be a good run.

Annandale, AC Central - 20 Home (H); 22 Away (A)
Asylum, NC East - 32 H; 29 A
Bluffton, AC East - 19 H; 22 A
Cooper, AC Central - 23 H; 19 A
New York, NC West - 27 H, 25 A
Palolo, NC West - 22 H, 25 A
Port Ruppert, NC Central - 17 H, 22 A
Salem, NC East - 31 H, 32 A
Shasta, AC West - 25 H, 20 A
Terra Incognita, NC East - 34 H, 30 A
Wheatland, AC West - 21 H, 25 A

Let's go with yours because my schedules are often very, very wrong.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #1662
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I167 Schedule soon

Got a zip file from Bottom Of The Sixth, so the I167 schedule is on the way.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #1663
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
The + really helps when doing the schedule, especially with OOTP's penchant for screwing up the logos. I again had to add all three of my teams back in. Also, Annandale's was changed to one of those horrid generic A's. If not for the + in their abbreviation, I'd have missed them when doing the schedule.
Glad you mentioned it.

Just added + symbol to both of our team abbreviations as well.

You are right. It makes looking at the schedule a lot easier too.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #1664
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Maybe it is just me but it is really hard to identify all the teams without the -OL in the name.

It would be nice if the teams that currently don’t have it in their name also add it.

I found that if I add a few extra spaces to the name and before the -OL, it is not as annoying to the eye.
I don't mind the -OL on the standing screen but when I read the match report, it just bothers me. Also, my OCD isn't happy with all the different format of OL. I prefer unity on this like a MMO clan name or something, and preferably in front. I can also understand why others prefer it at back over front. Team name remains visible and straight, just ignore the -OL at the end. Extra spaces between name and the -OL is just going to tick me off further in the report.

On the other hand, "[OL]Victorian Vikings BATtleaxed [OL]Melaka Armada" doesn't bother me as much. But that's just me. And yes, I look at Vikings as my rival now, not because they were the champion last season but they smashed my defense too hard; had the largest run differential from what I remember.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #1665
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I don't mind the -OL on the standing screen but when I read the match report, it just bothers me. Also, my OCD isn't happy with all the different format of OL.

Are you referring to the text above the box score? I don’t believe additional spaces are kept and shown.
“Team _additional_spaces -OL” shows as “Team -OL”
so hopefully that helps.

Agree, would be nice if everyone could agree on the same format. I don’t care what it looks like.

To be honest, the person that puts in all the hard work (for free) is more than welcome to force one method on all of us.
Let me know what works best and I am more than willing to change it to that method.

Really appreciate the effort being put into all the tables and reports.

Last edited by joehart; 05-27-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #1666
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Are you referring to the text above the box score? I don’t believe additional spaces are kept and shown.
so hopefully that helps.

Agree, would be nice if everyone could agree on the same format. I don’t care what it looks like.

To be honest, the person that puts in all the hard work (for free) is more than welcome to force one method on all of us.
Let me know what works best and I am more than willing to change it to that method.

Agreed. I will gladly do whatever is decided. We really are having a great time and appreciate all the hard work. I feel like my teams have established quite a few rivalries already.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #1667
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
so hopefully that helps.

Originally it was requested to add the + in the abbreviation so it is easier to compile the Our League schedules. Adding the -OL to the team name
is just an aesthetic for the standings page. It has no function like the "+" does. Not sure why it is such a big deal to some that the -OL be added.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #1668
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

After several seasons of hanging around .500 ball in the Bronze league Asheboro has decided to revamp it's pitching staff. Our offense for the most part has remained in the top 10 of the league. The pitching rotation has taken on a Negro League theme with Smokey Joe Williams leading the way. Also in the rotation is Leon Day, John Donaldson, Willie Foster and Bullet Joe Rogan. We are 5-6 after the first 11 games and the starters ERA is through the roof! Hopefully it starts to even out as the season goes on.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:30 PM   #1669
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Kaneohe and Sanguine have a bunch of games against each other to open the year. Changed some personnel after a depressing season.
Yes, and you swept me the first four games this morning.

P.S. And I just logged back in and make that 6 out of 7 already in our first 13 game. of the season! Yikes!

Last edited by Kushiel; 05-27-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #1670
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Originally it was requested to add the + in the abbreviation so it is easier to compile the Our League schedules. Adding the -OL to the team name
is just an aesthetic for the standings page. It has no function like the "+" does. Not sure why it is such a big deal to some that the -OL be added.

Given that the league is not actually a locked down league, it really helps to look at the standings and identify the teams that operate under the same criteria / restrictions.

In the same regard, most of the league reports incl. team vs team does not show the "+" so "OL" as part of the name is actually a great addition to the league.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #1671
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Given that the league is not actually a locked down league, it really helps to look at the standings and identify the teams that operate under the same criteria / restrictions.

In the same regard, most of the league reports incl. team vs team does not show the "+" so "OL" as part of the name is actually a great addition to the league.
And the OL has brought new interest and members.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #1672
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
It takes real talent to suck this hard in one run games. 5 of 8 games decided by 1 run, all 5 going the other way. It's gonna take all my strength not to throw something against a wall this week.
It's just bad luck, man - when I checked Motown, 4 of our first 5 games were extra innings and I lost 3 of them. Don't get too worked up about small sample sizes.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #1673
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
The + really helps when doing the schedule, especially with OOTP's penchant for screwing up the logos. I again had to add all three of my teams back in. Also, Annandale's was changed to one of those horrid generic A's. If not for the + in their abbreviation, I'd have missed them when doing the schedule.
What? It looks good to me. I thought if it looked good to me it would be good for everyone. I re-selected the icon and re-submitted my team so if it's using the generic icon maybe that'll fix it.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #1674
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Also - do I need to worry about compiling records for any of the leagues? I have a non-OL team in Iron, and one in Bronze and one in Silver so I can provide any of those. I feel like you guys have Bronze and Silver covered so I'll be glad to do Iron again if you want.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #1675
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I don't mind the -OL on the standing screen but when I read the match report, it just bothers me. Also, my OCD isn't happy with all the different format of OL. I prefer unity on this like a MMO clan name or something, and preferably in front. I can also understand why others prefer it at back over front. Team name remains visible and straight, just ignore the -OL at the end. Extra spaces between name and the -OL is just going to tick me off further in the report.

On the other hand, "[OL]Victorian Vikings BATtleaxed [OL]Melaka Armada" doesn't bother me as much. But that's just me. And yes, I look at Vikings as my rival now, not because they were the champion last season but they smashed my defense too hard; had the largest run differential from what I remember.
I agree on all points. I won't add OL, but it would be nice to have uniformity on those that do. But I'm not pushing for it if folks have a format that looks best for themselves. I think the (OL) that I've seen a couple people use is least intrusive.

Interesting that the Vikings have picked up a rival! Iron League should be fun this week.

My bane right now is my damned OCD... I can't figure out a way of deleting outside history from my players. I've tried keeping them in the reserve roster for the end-of-week turnover, and I've tried listing them in auctions over the end-of-week turnover, but nothing is working. Someone let me know if it's possible. I want my cards in "mint condition" when I get them.

Last edited by Argonaut; 05-27-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #1676
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Interesting that the Vikings have picked up a rival! Iron League should be fun this week.
I don't think we are meeting each others this week though. Our conferences are too far apart.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:26 PM   #1677
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

While (OL) or OL] is easier on the eye, it actually fails the search engine in the game. When you try to add all the teams to the friends list, the search won't return any teams. You get the entire list and then you have to manually search for the teams that have OL.

It only works with "-OL" or "- space OL".
If you use that in the search field, you will get all the correct teams.

As for wiping the history of cards, I don't believe it can be done at this point
I have not found a way myself and never saw it mentioned.

I still have the hope that everyone agrees to add OL to the name to make it easier for everyone to spot each other (at least until the league has enough members to
not require it anymore).

Last edited by joehart; 05-27-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #1678
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
It's just bad luck, man - when I checked Motown, 4 of our first 5 games were extra innings and I lost 3 of them. Don't get too worked up about small sample sizes.
I wish I could believe that this is just bad luck and we'll start to look like a team capable of avoiding the drop sooner rather than later, but man it stinks to see 1-7 in the 1-Run part of the expanded standings and a -2 run difference. It may not be us being unlucky so much as it is me trying to run with silver & bronze budget position players/relievers and mostly low-gold starting pitchers in Silver.

Like I said before the season, I knew this would be tough, but the tiniest bit of me is starting to think this might be a bridge too far and that we'll be returning to bronze where we probably belong.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:39 PM   #1679
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I167 Schedule is Here

Here's the I167 schedule. Sorry for the delay. As always, it runs from the beginning of the season so most of this month's games have been played. I started doing it on paper, as I usually do, but after an hour I gave up and decided to do the attached spreadsheet. I had to run ut for awhile, and when I got back, I forgot to put a header on it. As for the + and OL controversy, you can do whatever feels right for you. The + makes looking at the schedule a lot easier. I never would've have known BASE was the abbreviation for Richmond without it. I like the idea of the OL because it advertises Our League. There was already a thread in PT forum asking what it was. I figured more people might get curious. That said, you're free to do what you want. None of it was part of the original plan, and that's what you joined under, so no worries. Help with the iron standings is very welcome. I'm only in silver. By the way, my own little OCD trait is that when I see the team names, they immediately are transformed in my head so that the abbreviation becomes the first two letters of the city and the first letter of the nickname, as in Waffletown Syrups becomes WAS. If it's a three name team, such as Port Ruppert Mundys, it's PRM. That was actually part of the rules in the Strat-O-Matic league I played in for 15 years, so it's stuck with me. Would've been humorous Annandale was the Star Smashers. I didn't get a chance to go over the schedule again, but I di keep check digits as I typed, and they did add up at the end. I believe there are 411 games.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #1680
Argonaut
All Star Starter

In Diamond .358, the Seattle Pilots and my Cowboys have not one but two whales in our division. I guess we'll be battling it out for third place.

Not much movement for the Cowboys in terms of players. I did buy Heinie Groh for 2,700 PP and sell Freddie Lindstrom for 4,500 PP. Considering Groh is a way better card, I say that's a nice upgrade at 3B while netting some extra PP.

The Bronze Argonauts made it to the Iron World Series, where we sadly lost. Magus keeps complaining about his results but he has 2 World Series wins! I would give up a lot for just one title...
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote