Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
I don't want to violate the Terms of Service, but I've looked for them and don't know where to find them.
There is a file in your install directory called license.txt that contains the ToS.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #22
joehart
All Star Starter

This entry pool may have some weird results. Many of my players got deactivated due to recent bug so the team moved from winning record to near losing (single catcher, exhausted bullpen, ..).

I am sure I am not the only one that ended up with lots of better players constantly getting de-activated.

As a result, this initial seeding may not be accurate if based on results /standing.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #23
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
This entry pool may have some weird results. Many of my players got deactivated due to recent bug so the team moved from winning record to near losing (single catcher, exhausted bullpen, ..).

I am sure I am not the only one that ended up with lots of better players constantly getting de-activated.

As a result, this initial seeding may not be accurate if based on results /standing.
Excellent point!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #24
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Informal Poll:

Should I field a weak team throughout the Entry Pool, in order to try to get seeded into an Iron Level league, just to see how many HR's Ruth could hit in such a league?

make sure he hits leadoff to maximize PP from leadoff HR, double and triple dingers.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #25
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I think it's a very gray area. I personally think it's ok, in the name of experimenting while games don't count. But I could see where others may disagree. I highly doubt any action would be taken against you for entry pool play, though. Not a battle the powers that be would want to fight. Having said that, hopefully you'll actually have a say in the matter soon with the fix you need!
Looks like the fix is in (no pun intended), so I need to decide.

No fun to bench Ruth, so he stays in. But I don't see myself surrounding him with the best that I can find. Probably gonna keep selling other good cards to stockpile points and see where I end up.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #26
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Yes, that was what my team with Ruth was caught up in.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #27
quaxbi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You have no idea how much I want that card I think if I drew it from a pack, I'd have an existential crisis whether to sell it to fund my team to an insane level, or keep it because it's so beautiful.

That second part is basically me with my 1971 all-star Seaver. Only a 97 though.
quaxbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #28
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There is a file in your install directory called license.txt that contains the ToS.

The relevant part is that you agree not to "Cheat, deliberately lose, trade wins or Perfect Points, "feed" wins or Perfect Points from one account to another via the auction house or any other method, or otherwise fail to make a good-faith effort to play the game in a fashion intended to win via fair gameplay according to the intended operation of the game. "

It doesn't define "intended to win". Does that mean you must intend to win every single game, or intend to win championships?

Clearly things like intentionally using poor strategy are out.

What about roster usage? Is it poor faith not to use my best available players? What if I sell them for points so they are no longer my best available?

What about player acquisition? If I hadn't pulled Ruth and considered I might like to start in Iron, I'd be buying more packs, but obviously it's not a violation to NOT spend available money.

So far, I've been letting the AI set strategy, because I was opening packs, and then the bug came and I couldn't change strategy.

I know I can manage better than the AI, so am I breaking TOS if I just keep letting the AI run things?

Definitely some gray here.

Last edited by 2002halos; 03-23-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #29
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Fun fact: As a two-way player, the AI has also inserted the Babe into my starting rotation.

He doesn't have the ratings to pitch well at the top levels, and it's more fun to see how many HR's he can hit, so I'll probably not use him both ways once league play begins.

Any opinions?

Since there seems to be some interest, I'll keep a running report on the Babe's progress through the levels.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #30
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Fun fact: As a two-way player, the AI has also inserted the Babe into my starting rotation.

He doesn't have the ratings to pitch well at the top levels, and it's more fun to see how many HR's he can hit, so I'll probably not use him both ways once league play begins.

Any opinions?

Since there seems to be some interest, I'll keep a running report on the Babe's progress through the levels.
Definitely interest.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #31
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
The relevant part is that you agree not to "Cheat, deliberately lose, trade wins or Perfect Points, "feed" wins or Perfect Points from one account to another via the auction house or any other method, or otherwise fail to make a good-faith effort to play the game in a fashion intended to win via fair gameplay according to the intended operation of the game. "

It doesn't define "intended to win". Does that mean you must intend to win every single game, or intend to win championships?

Clearly things like intentionally using poor strategy are out.

What about roster usage? Is it poor faith not to use my best available players? What if I sell them for points so they are no longer my best available?

What about player acquisition? If I hadn't pulled Ruth and considered I might like to start in Iron, I'd be buying more packs, but obviously it's not a violation to NOT spend available money.

So far, I've been letting the AI set strategy, because I was opening packs, and then the bug came and I couldn't change strategy.

I know I can manage better than the AI, so am I breaking TOS if I just keep letting the AI run things?

Definitely some gray here.
There is a thread in the PT19 forums right now about people benching their top players and whether or not it is considered tanking. Based on many posts, some would indeed report you for not playing Ruth, since you are clearly not doing everything you can to win.

There is too much gray area.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:34 AM   #32
Folderol
Major Leagues

Mother of God, the Holy Grail....and I thought getting Lou Gehrig in my first pack of the season was nice!

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #33
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Congrats!

Awesome pull.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #34
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

And here I am, pulling yet another Snuffy Stirnweiss...
Old 03-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #35
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
There is a thread in the PT19 forums right now about people benching their top players and whether or not it is considered tanking. Based on many posts, some would indeed report you for not playing Ruth, since you are clearly not doing everything you can to win.

In an Entry League? C'mon. No one would even bother looking.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #36
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
In an Entry League? C'mon. No one would even bother looking.
I'd certainly hope so, but then again... Long story short, with the current state of the game (both in regards to the admins who refuse to clarify cheating and the busy-bodies who see cheating everywhere), the original question about benching Ruth was 100% appropriate.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:36 PM   #37
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

I really hate you at the moment lol
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:37 PM   #38
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

I was asking myself a few weeks ago in OOTP19 Perfect Team.

What could possibly make American Angels even harder to beat?

This is what I get for putting that out in the universe. You're welcome. :-)
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #39
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post

Actually, I didn't bench Ruth. I played him. Because like you said, clearly benching him would be intentionally tanking. But I sold my other good cards on the Auction House, leaving Ruth surrounded by Irons. I would argue that every card is more valuable early on, so I was trying to "Sell High" to make my team better, then use the points to buy better cards later.... which, in fact, I did, after the Ruth plus Irons were seeded in the bottom level.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #40
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrian View Post
I was asking myself a few weeks ago in OOTP19 Perfect Team.

What could possibly make American Angels even harder to beat?

This is what I get for putting that out in the universe. You're welcome. :-)
LOL, Indeed, thank you very much!

FYI, I'm not running an American Angels franchise in PT20, at least until after the real life regular season ends. Using that slot for an all-LIVE team instead, just to see how well I can do. (Not expecting much since the historical cards are a) better and b) stable.)

Look for Babe Ruth to beat you on a team named after a House or place from Game of Thrones.

Last edited by 2002halos; 04-16-2019 at 12:35 PM.