Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scheduling issues driving me crazy

We thought we were addressing this in the last update. I run fictional leagues with default MLB settings. I select the 162 game schedule and essentially duplicate the MLB seasons with fictional players.

The previous problem was that the scheduler was creating schedules that did not add up to 162 games AND created a different number of games for each team so they didn't even play the same number of games in a season. There were other issues as well.

After this last update, I have created a new league (twice) since my original league was ruined by this silliness and a whole new set of problems emerge.

First, the season seems to start with a bunch of two game series every time I start a season. Then there are an amazing number of 2 game series throughout the season. In fact, there are more of these than any other series. Strangely, there are also a couple of one game series thrown in just for fun I guess. Oddly, the game also schedules an unusual number of double headers including double headers on back to back days. Finally, there are multiple instances of 2 days off and even three days off throughout the season (not the All Star break).

It is terribly frustrating to try to play a basic baseball league with fictional players in a game designed to simulate exactly that and it simply cannot be done.

It appears, when looking at the setup after selecting the 162 game schedule, that a schedule file is inserted into the custom file area. I don;t know if it always has done this, but I have never noticed it before. This makes me wonder if, rather than fixing the original problem, the setup was adjusted to insert this file in lieu of actually generating new schedules every year.

Bonus: Entirely by accident, I discovered that the playoff settings were set to custom by default when setting up this default league with a 162 game schedule. This again leads me to wonder if this was actually fixed or if it was jury rigged in some manner to just bridge the gap to OOTP 20.

I usually only upgrade every two or three years. If this is not fixed, then I have two choices. I can either simply not play anymore or I will be forced to upgrade before I usually do in order to play a proper season AND I will be required to wait until OOTP 20 is done.

Is there any chance we will have this fixed any time soon?

This was the original thread in which the first issue was discussed and presumably addressed.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298447

I love the game and have played since OOTP 3 or 5, but this is really not enjoyable in its current state.
ross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Check my reply in the linked thread. The schedule process can sometimes be finicky, and even one small error can cause things to get weird. Hopefully with help the issue will get sorted out.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exact settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Check my reply in the linked thread. The schedule process can sometimes be finicky, and even one small error can cause things to get weird. Hopefully with help the issue will get sorted out.
The exact settings I used are the exact settings ai Have always used which is the MLB default. I believe it is specifically 162 games with most series being 3 games, balanced schedule is not checked and opening day is I think Sunday. I don't remember the exact weekday, but it is the default opening day.

I have run this league literally hundreds of times in previous versions of OOTP and dozens of times in OOTP 19 specifically. The normal way the schedule generates is to have a single game on opening day followed by all of the other teams starting on day two. Now it starts with all teams opening on the exact same day followed by the wonkiness listed above.

I have made no changes whatsoever to the settings I have run for years, but the results are wildly different.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:30 AM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

It doesn't really matter what you think they are, it's possible something might have been changed without you realizing. To be absolutely certain, it's best to post a screenshot of the screen with its current setting. Drop it in your other thread and we can all go from there.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
It doesn't really matter what you think they are, it's possible something might have been changed without you realizing. To be absolutely certain, it's best to post a screenshot of the screen with its current setting. Drop it in your other thread and we can all go from there.
I double checked and restarted the league multiple times. Perhaps it doesn't matter to you what I think, but I am quite certain the information I provided is correct. I never change those settings. Not in years.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:08 AM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross11 View Post
I double checked and restarted the league multiple times. Perhaps it doesn't matter to you what I think, but I am quite certain the information I provided is correct. I never change those settings. Not in years.
Again, please provide a screenshot because it allows everyone else to see exactly what is selected and what isn't. There are several schedule parameters, and who knows, maybe some other non-schedule selection is interacting with those choices in a weird way. The more detail we can see directly, the better it is.

If you can document each main step with a screenshot, even better. (It's easier than trying to describe everything in writing anyway.)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 02-16-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #7
eldur00
All Star Reserve

That's odd, because I was one of the ones having the same issues as you but the issue was fixed for me with the latest patch (well the first one made it impossible to create a league, but the hotfix fixed that).

If I remember correctly you went and deleted that file Markus suggested to delete - I didn't, when I saw it didn't help you. Perhaps that's the difference ? If it is, maybe reinstalling the game will repopulate the file properly. Otherwise I'd file a bug report because I can confirm it's fixed on my end and we were both seeing the same thing.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:05 PM   #8
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
That's odd, because I was one of the ones having the same issues as you but the issue was fixed for me with the latest patch (well the first one made it impossible to create a league, but the hotfix fixed that).

If I remember correctly you went and deleted that file Markus suggested to delete - I didn't, when I saw it didn't help you. Perhaps that's the difference ? If it is, maybe reinstalling the game will repopulate the file properly. Otherwise I'd file a bug report because I can confirm it's fixed on my end and we were both seeing the same thing.
Thanks. I also haven't done the hotfitx yet so I will add that and start yet another league and try it out. Thanks.