Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #181
adam914
Bat Boy

I was able to advance past the current day after the latest update on my Mac. Thanks for the quick fix.
adam914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #182
halfygar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game taking longer to start

not sure if this a bug but since the new hotfix the game takes about a minute or so to actually start, not loading, just opening the app takes much longer now. In game is fine, except scout graphics are skewed
halfygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #183
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfygar View Post
not sure if this a bug but since the new hotfix the game takes about a minute or so to actually start, not loading, just opening the app takes much longer now. In game is fine, except scout graphics are skewed
Was this just the first time you opened the game with the new patch or is it the same each time?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #184
halfygar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Was this just the first time you opened the game with the new patch or is it the same each time?
everytime i 'open' the game it takes a minute+ to actually pop up the game, though the game runs smoothly
Old 08-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #185
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfygar View Post
everytime i 'open' the game it takes a minute+ to actually pop up the game, though the game runs smoothly
By "the game" do you mean OOTP itself or the specific saved game you're playing in OOTP?

Old 08-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #186
halfygar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
By "the game" do you mean OOTP itself or the specific saved game you're playing in OOTP?
The game itself, like i said in-game everything is ok, i can load as usual.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:46 AM   #187
Jollyroger919
Bat Boy

Useless

Quote:
Hi guys!

For the majority of folks the game should be very stable at this point. However we are getting a few reports of unexpected crashes or freezes.

If that's happening to you, don't panic, we are working on things and we can help.

There are a few steps for you to try first though.
  1. Try rebooting your system.
  2. Update your graphic and sound card drivers (if you're on a PC). On a Mac make sure you have the latest OS update installed. If not, then please install it.
  3. If you are on a PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
  4. Also if you are on a PC, make sure to check the hard drive OOTP is installed on for errors/and or run defrag on it.
  5. On Steam, make sure to uncheck the Steam overlay. Go to the Steam menu then to settings > in-game > and untick the 'enable the steam overlay while in game' checkbox.
  6. If you use Discord, try turning that overlay off as well.
  7. If you are in windowed mode try switching to fullscreen mode. In a few cases this has fixed issues with the game freezing for folks. We're working on figuring out a fix but this might help for now.
  8. Go to settings > troubleshooting > force game data re-installation and click that. Let the game do its thing. Then restart your game and try again.
  9. Another suggestion for anyone still having issues would be to update Direct X on your system to the latest version. That solved some crashing issues for at least one customer. Also, it might be worthwhile to make sure that you have the latest Microsoft Visual C+++ files installed (2017).
  10. If that doesn't help, to try to narrow down what might be causing problems, try the following:
    - First, restart your computer.
    - Then make sure to create an exception or whitelist OOTP in your anti-virus and firewall programs. Or, even better, completely disable both for a little while (To reduce any risks, disconnect the computer from the network first).
    - Then shut down any non-essential programs that are running other than OOTP.
    - Then start OOTP up and try playing for a while and see if it still crashes in the same place.
    - If not, then you'll basically just want to play the game without anything else running in the background, since one of those programs was likely causing issues with the game.
  11. If the crash is happening when playing out a game in 3d, please try this: Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

If it still crashes, then we'll need some more information from you.

So please let us know the following:
  1. Are you on a PC or Mac?
  2. What OS are you using?
  3. Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
  4. If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
  5. What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
  6. Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
  7. Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
  8. It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

You can post that information here or in a thread in the bug reports forum. We'll take a look at the report as soon as possible and get in touch with you as soon as we can if we need more information.

I literally tried every single thing on this list and the game STILL crashes on me ONLY when I do the 3D play by play. This has been a problem ever since I purchased the game last spring. Yes my graphics driver is up to date. I have played every OOTP baseball game for the past several years and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this. The ONLY way to prevent this is to not use the 3D play by play so instead I'm just using the text based 2D mode. This is very disappointing especially for a game that I always loved.
Jollyroger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #188
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger919 View Post
I literally tried every single thing on this list and the game STILL crashes on me ONLY when I do the 3D play by play. This has been a problem ever since I purchased the game last spring. Yes my graphics driver is up to date. I have played every OOTP baseball game for the past several years and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this. The ONLY way to prevent this is to not use the 3D play by play so instead I'm just using the text based 2D mode. This is very disappointing especially for a game that I always loved.
There are a bunch of different possibilities here, including that even if the drivers are up to date, that the video card itself could be too out of date or any one of a number of other things could be going on.

Since it's a little hard to keep track of issues when helping directly in a thread like this, could you open a support ticket so I can do some troubleshooting with you there? Thanks!

Old 09-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #189
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I have a league that just exits to Windows maybe it's not best to use a Historical League Template in with Saved Game September 1st but just won the WS and maybe unretire all former Cardinals so I can do All-Time Cardinals Past/Present but most of the past retired won't make it to Majors like Ken Boyer,Bob Gibson.

Last edited by mgom27; 09-20-2018 at 06:11 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #190
evanbarth
Major Leagues

Game Crashes

I'm on March 16th of my first year. Every time I try to advance the day, it goes about 10 percent, says the scout is analyzing KBO players and then the game crashes and says it "quit unexpectedly" I use a MacBook Air and never had a problem before. Tried rebooting several times.

Any advice?
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #191
PatRFinley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbarth View Post
I'm on March 16th of my first year. Every time I try to advance the day, it goes about 10 percent, says the scout is analyzing KBO players and then the game crashes and says it "quit unexpectedly" I use a MacBook Air and never had a problem before. Tried rebooting several times.

Any advice?
Pretty much the same thing happens to me on Opening Day on any league I run. I'm also a Mac user. My game has been basically unplayable for the last two days.
PatRFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #192
evanbarth
Major Leagues

Quote:

Any advice?
Any help would be appreciated?
evanbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #193
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

Any advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatRFinley View Post
Pretty much the same thing happens to me on Opening Day on any league I run. I'm also a Mac user. My game has been basically unplayable for the last two days.
Quote:
Any help would be appreciated?
I think we'll need to see the league files. If you can upload them as per the instructions in my sig, we can take a look.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #194
lovethemgiants
Bat Boy

crashing on opening day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatRFinley View Post
I'm seeing the exact same thing. I'm also on a Mac w/Mojave.

I have the debug log file if needed.
lovethemgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #195
Ayako
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As of yesterday I can't even finish a game all of a sudden.

It used to crash somewhat often when doing "until RISP" sims but that was fixed with an update a month or so ago. I've been managing a team in the World Baseball Classic and a specific game vs Venezuela would crash only a couple innings in regardless if I was doing "until RISP", "half inning" or a bat by bat sim. I ended up just simming that day without managing it and the very next game against my next opponent is the same exact thing.

PC, on Steam. No issues from last patch until yesterday.

Last edited by Ayako; 10-04-2018 at 03:34 AM.
Ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #196
PatRFinley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemgiants View Post
I'm seeing the exact same thing. I'm also on a Mac w/Mojave.

I have the debug log file if needed.
if you could send it to me that would be awesome!
PatRFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #197
phenom
Hall Of Famer

MacOS Mojave has made my game cranky as well.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #198
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hey guys!

We're looking into what might be going here, but it would be a big help if we can we some Mac crash reports from anyone on Mojave who's running into crashes or decreased stability.

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #199
mokena
Bat Boy

Quote:
Hey guys!

We're looking into what might be going here, but it would be a big help if we can we some Mac crash reports from anyone on Mojave who's running into crashes or decreased stability.

Thanks!
Are you on a PC or Mac?
2016 MacBook Pro
What OS are you using?
Mojave 10.14
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
Standalone

If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have?
MacBook Pro w/Touchbar (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o_J...ew?usp=sharing

What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)

Crashes while simming, seemingly around April when a new season starts. It happens in every save I try, including new games. It crashes every time. No error message (to my knowledge). Google file with the crash report above. Also sent over the .dat files on FTP.

Anything else needed? I love the game and so badly want to play, but I understand issues arise.
mokena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #200
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanks! I don't think we need anything else. If we do, I'll mention it here. unfortunately this looks like it's not really an issue we caused, but rather one caused by the latest Mojave update, and thus potentially out of our control, but we'll do our best to at least figure out what's going on and see about potential solutions from there.