Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Guide to adding Ficitional Leagues to your Historical MLB (OOTP19 version)

HOW TO ADD FICTIONAL LEAGUES TO YOUR HISTORICAL MLB WITH MINORS ENABLED
Last year I was asked if I could explain how I set up my league with minor league teams in the 1900-1930 range as the game does not add any additional leagues until the Federal League and Texas League begin in 1914 and 1919. In real life the Southern Association began play in 1892, the International League has played consistantly since 1912, the American Association can go back to 1902 and the Pacific Coast League traces back to 1903 so with plenty of players available I wanted leagues for them to play in. Here is an easy way to have those leagues appear in your game during those years or even earlier if you so desire.

Not only can you add those leagues earlier than the game does but with OOTP19 if done properly it will allow the league history from my created league to merge with the real PCL or Southern Association (or any other league for that matter) when OOTP19 automatically adds them in. It is also very easy to ensure you never have a fictional player pop up in your league.

There may be multiple ways to do this but here are the steps I follow.

MY OBJECTIVE- By 1901 I want my historical league to have a bunch of minor league teams. This will allow a large percentage of the real-life minor leaguers that get imported each year to have a place to play rather than just sit in the free agent pool (or retire) before the OOTP created minor league teams appear.

STEP 1 - LEAGUE SETUP. Since 1901 is my target for wanting all of these minor leagues running I create a new historical game with 1894 as my start year. Why? Because it will give the game a number of years to add minor league players. I could start in 1901 but would likely only have enough free agents to add 1 minor league each season so it might by 1905 or 06 before I add the number of leagues I want. There is, of course, nothing stopping you from choosing 1901 or going earlier than the 1894 season I selected. The only key is to make sure their are enough free agents available for a new league when you add it.

So having decided on 1894 I also check Import minor leaguers (ignore it says 1915+ as you will get them coming in right away). Finally, I decide to import complete history to 1894 (optional) and click next to load the players.

Once loaded I click to move to advanced mode:

STEP 2 - COMPLETE LEAGUE SETUP : Nothing essential for you to do here other than Enter Game Name. I choose Minors Tutorial for this game name. The only change I make to the default setup is I decide to disable the draft. It is a matter of personal preference but I like to see players in this era debuting with the team they really began their career with rather than a draft. It won't happen for everyone - for example Joe DiMaggio debuts not as a Yankee but as a San Francisco Seal of the PCL and can be signed by any MLB team. If you prefer you can leave the draft enabled.

You could make other changes if you like to your league such as the recalculate ratings options but I like to just leave things at the default and I am good to go. Click on start game and let it load.

Images below are of Step 1 and Step 2 screen
Attached Images
Image Image 
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

STEP 3 - Step 3 is very simple. Let the game run it's inaugural draft (enabled by default in pre-1901 leagues). I take a quick check and see the 16 teams all have about 25-30 players each and there are around 130 players in the free agent pool. This is not enough to add another league yet (I prefer over 200) so I let the game sim thru the 1894 season until the playoffs end. This takes me to end of August-early September 1894 and also imports the 1895 rookie class.

On September 4, 1894 after the import I check the free agent pool and there are 416 players. I can now easily add a minor league.

It is not necessary but I sim forward until November 1 before I add my league. I do so to give the existing MLB teams time to sign any high quality rookie free agents. On November 1st there are now 276 rookies as MLB teams are now carrying about 40-45 players each. 276 free agents is more than enough to add an 8 team minor league.

I am going to start with the Southern Association for this example. The first thing to do is go to the league setup screen for MLB and from the League actions dropdown select add a AA level feeder league. (You can choose any level. I use AAA for the PCL, IL and AA when I add them, AA for the Southern Assn and Western League and A for the Northwestern and New England Leagues.)

Image STEP3 below shows the league I add.

Once created I get a message saying the league has been added with a suggestion to fill the league with minor league players. Do not fill it with minor league players. We are going to get real players on our teams.

I am now at the league & teams screen from League Settings for my new league. I only want 8 teams in my Southern Association so I start by clicking on Edit League Structure and then delete sub-league 2. I did not include screenshots for this but can if needed. Basically that now gives me just 8 teams in 1 sub-league for my Southern Association.

Before leaving the Southern Association configuration screen I click on generate schedule because my league structure has changed so I need the schedule to reflect that. Once done go back to the league settings screen for the Southern Association.

Lets go through each of the changes I make on the various league setup screens.

LEAGUE & TEAMS
I change the league name from MLB AA to Southern Association
I change league abbreviation to SA
I leave the league level at it's default Double A
I choose to put SA in the level name and level abbreviations. By doing so on my player pages for league it will show SA instead of AA so I can easily distinguish between leagues when seeing where a player played.

VERY IMPORTANT - I change parent league from Major League Baseball to not affiliated. Failing to do so will result in your league being deleted next season when the MLB and it's affiliates structure gets updated.

For league reputation I tend to make my AAA leagues 8, my AA leagues 6 and my A leagues 3 so I set the Southern Association to 6. It is my understanding the higher the number (MLB is 10) the more likely top free agents will sign.

I leave the sub league info blank as I only have the one sub-league and 1 division in my setup.
I also change my team names, nicknames and abbreviations to the teams I will use in my Southern Association.

SEE IMAGE STEP4 below
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Next I go to the RULES tab and make the following settings:

Under roster rules I set my active roster to 24 players and reserve roster to the lowest setting possible which is 15. I wish you could set it lower as ideally I would like just 3 or 4 players there as quick injury replacements. Any one who sits on the reserve roster does not get to play anywhere and my whole purpose of adding these minor leagues is to get them playing.

On the Trading rules side I select enable trading and I like to allow all of my leagues to trade so I check off yes to allow trades with other major leagues

From Amateur Draft settings be sure to disable automatic creation of free agents. We don't want fictional rookies.

Image Step5.jpeg below is showing how this screen should look when done changes.

Next we click on the Financials screen

Start by clicking on ENABLE FINANCIAL SYSTEM which brings a lot more choices.

I Select 1894 from the dropping select which settings to import which gets me 1894 numbers. I also use the mass-adjust current financial values and select a factor of -25% for the AA leagues. I do -10% for AAA and -50% for the A leagues I create. My thinking is this should give the independent minor league teams I add a lower revenue and expense base than MLB.

Scrolling down my MLB Attendance baseline is 3615 for the current season. I lower the Southern Association one to 2500 to again hopefully lower revenue.

I leave enable financial system checked and I also want to check enable reserve clause era rules but before I do so I need to click on a couple of other items that will disappear after clicking reserve clause.

Those items are shown in IMAGE step6.jpeg and are ALLOW FREE AGENTS FROM OTHER LEAGUES as well as ALLOW PLAYERS TO BE PURCHASED BY OTHER LEAGUES and I set a flat $100 as the fee for all my minor leagues in this era. I keep it low because I don't want to stop capable players from getting to the major leagues in my sim. I also set it to NO free agency and NO Arbitration.

I do not worry about changing anything on the Team Revenue or Team Expenses and Salary settings on the other side of the screen.

OPTIONS SCREEN
On the left side all I do is check to enable Automatically adjust league strategy when advancing to next season, import adjusted financial settings after each year and automatically adjust league total modifiers after each season for accuracy.

You could rename or change eligibility for any of the Southern Association awards if you like.

On the schedule side I tend to set my schedule to 140 games right now with the idea I will leave it that way until I need to fold the league when the real Southern Association is imported around 1932. User choice if you want to allow rainouts. I normally set a 3 week spring training for my minor leagues. I usually change the name of my playoff to something like the Southern Series but leave everything else at default. Since I changed my schedule length to 140 games I need to click on league schedule and either import one or generate a fictional schedule.

I should add for those who want schedule accuracy there are a number of schedules around that you could manually add. For example I have downloaded an 1895 Southern Association schedule which I believe came from "joefromchicago"'s great thread that can be found here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=248744

See image STEP7.jpeg below for how this screen should look when done editing.

I make no changes on the Players screen or Stats & AI screens as changes I did on previous screens have us all set. A new feature in OOTP19 is two-way players. It is enabled by default but you may wish to disable it if you like. I am leaving it enabled as there were a number of two-way players especially in the early years.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

So my Southern Association league is all set but if you look at the teams they have no players yet. You will also notice they have fictional jerseys and logos. If you use the team names I will provide further down in this and download the Historical Minor League jerseypack I assembled with plenty of help from others (details here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286018 ) you can go to each team and autoload their logos, jerseys and caps. If you play with minor leagues enabled you want to download it because it has jerseys, logos and caps for every minor league team included in the game from 1901-1999.

Back to the players. I found the best way to get some talent on these new teams is to go to the league settings screen and while making sure you have chosen Southern Association click on schedule Free Agent draft.
IMAGE is below titled STEP8.jpeg

I then can click on my Southern Association league and go to the draft. I leave it at its default of 20 players so this gives each team a good starting point for rosters. I let the draft run and when completed each Southern Association team will have a roster of 20 players they selected from the free agent pool.

The last step is to go back to the league setup for the Southern Association and from the FUNCTIONS tab click on MAKE FICTIONAL PLAYER CONTRACTS so that each player has a salary assigned to them.

Image is Step9.jpeg below.

That is it. You are all set to go and if you followed these steps you will have an unaffiliated Southern Association that will run alongside your major league (and later Federal League, Texas League etc until you are ready to fold it.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

When do you fold your unaffiliated minor league?

WHEN TO FOLD THE LEAGUE
I will paste a text file below that I use to prompt me for name changes, folding etc of these minor leagues. One great thing I discovered in OOTP19 testing is if I fold my Southern Association at the right time it's history will carry over with the OOTP19 added affiliated Southern Assocation.

It is pretty simple to do actually. All you have to do is know when the affiliated minor league Southern Association is added to the game (which is 1932). Other than that just make sure the playoffs for your 1931 Southern Association ends before the MLB World Series. Sometime between the end of the 1931 Southern Series and before the end of the World Series for that same year go to your league settings screen and delete the Southern Association.

The affiliated Southern Association will be added when all of the rookies and minor leaguers are created for 1932 which is the end of the final day of the 1931 World Series.

Unfortunately team totals don't carry over as the affiliated teams are treated as new franchises but all player records and leaderboards do. Below is an example with the Southern Assocation from my recent test league from 1894-1938

One thing you will notice on the leaderboard is the name Turkey Stearns. Because the created minor leagues are unaffiliated there is no color barrier for them so many of the great Negro players from the 1910's now have a place to play. It can be considered a drawback as well because it will somewhat weaken your Negro League clubs as many players will stay in the unaffiliated leagues until they are forced out when they fold. I guess it is up to the user but I like the idea just because without the fictional minor leagues many of the early Negro greats never get to play anywhere or are at the tail end of their careers when the Negro League finally appears in OOTP. (Note: Turning color barrier on is only possible in OOTP with pre 1946 MLB and it's affiliated leagues.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

My list of when you add/fold leagues and teams

MY LEAGUE STRUCTURE FOR UNAFFILIATED MINORS
There are no rules you have to use the leagues I do but if you do there should be jerseys, caps and logos for all of your teams if you downloaded the minor league uniform pack.

I have thought about getting 100% accurate with leagues and team names for these unaffiliated minor leagues. It is easy enough to do with Baseball Reference data but for me this is close enough to being historical for me.

Here is a checklist for me to remind me what changes I need to each year from 1894 until the last minor league is folded by me at the end of the 1931 season:

Create new league to start in 1894. MLB with full minors (as laid out above)
end of 1894 season create the NEW ENGLAND LEAGUE
Brockton Shoemakers
Cambridge Orphans
Fitchburg Foxes
Lynn Papooses
Manchester Blue Sox
Newport Colts
Taunton Herrings
Pawtucket Slaters

end of 1895 season (if enough free agents) add the
EASTERN LEAGUE
Wheeling Stogies
Buffalo Bisons
Montreal Royals
Providence Grays
Rochester Bronchos
Jersey City Skeeters
Toronto Maple Leafs
Newark Sailors

End of 1896 season add the
SOUTHERN ASSOCIATION
Atlanta Crackers
Birmingham Barons
Little Rock Travelers
Memphis Egyptians
Chattanooga Chats
Nashville Volunteers
New Orleans Pelicans
Mobile Blackbirds

END OF 1897 SEASON ADD the
WESTERN LEAGUE
Denver Bears
Iowa City Baseball Club
Lincoln Tigers
Omaha Rourkes
Sioux City Packers
St Joseph Drummers
Topeka Jayhawks
Wichita Jobbers

End of 1898 season add the
PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Oaks
Portland Beavers
San Francisco Seals
Seattle Siwashes
Vernon Tigers
Fresno Raisin Eaters
Sacramento Sacts

End of the 1899 season add the
NORTHWESTERN LEAGUE
Aberdeen Black Cats
Bellingham Yankees
Butte Miners
Everett Smokestackers
Grays Harbor Lumbermen
Vancouver Horse Doctors
Victoria Bees
Portland Colts

End of the 1900 season add the
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION
Columbus Senators
Indianapolis Indians
Kansas City Blues
Louisville Colonels
Cleveland Bearcats
Minneapolis Millers
St Paul Saints
Toledo Mud Hens

1901 Chattanooga Chats to Chattanooga Lookouts (Southern Assn) for 1901 season
1902 Cleveland Bearcats to Milwaukee Brewers (American Association) for 1902 season
1903 Wheeling Stogies to Baltimore Orioles (Eastern League) for 1903 season
1904 Mobile Blackbirds change to Mobile Sea Gulls for 1904 season
1907 Newark Sailors to Newark Indians (Eastern Lg) for 1907 season
1909 Memphis Egyptians to Memphis Turtles (Southern Assn) for 1909 season
1910 Bellingham Yankees to Great Falls Electrics (Northwestern Lg) for 1910 season
1910 Grays Harbor Lumbermen to Seattle Giants(Northwestern Lg) for 1910 season
1911 Everett Smokestackers to Tacoma Tigers (Northwestern Lg) for 1911 season
1911 Iowa City Baseball Club to Des Moines Demons (Western Lg) for 1911 season
1912 Memphis Turtles to Memphis Chickasaws (Southern Assn) for 1912 season
1912 Rochester Bronchos to Rochester Hustlers (Eastern Lg) for 1912 season
1918 Newark Indians to Newark Bears (Eastern Lg) for 1918 season
1918 Mobile Sea Gulls change to Bears (SOuthern Assn) for 1918 season
1919 change Seattle Siwashes to Seattle Rainiers for 1919 season (PCL)
1920 Change Sioux City Packers to Sioux City Soos for 1920 season (Western Lg)
1920 Fold Pacific Coast League after 1920 - must be done before WS over as new PCL comes in
1921 Change Topeka Jayhawks to Topeka Senators for 1921 season (Western Lg)
1922 Change Rochester Hustlers to Rochester Red Wings (Eastern Lg)
1922 Rename the Eastern League to the International League for 1922 season
1926 Fold International LEague immediately after 1926 season - must be done before WS over as International Lg comes in with same teams
1928 New England League fold after 1928
1929 Western League fold after 1929 season must be done before WS over as new Western League comes in
1929 Northwestern League fold after 1929 season
1931 Fold American Association after 1931 season must be done before WS over as new AA comes in
1931 Fold Southern Association after 1931 season must be done before WS over as new SA comes in

For the 1932 season all of my created leagues will be gone as the game starts bringing a lot more leagues in now.

The free agent pool starts to really grow again around 1910-1915 so you could add more leagues if you wanted them but I would suggest have them all gone by the mid-1930s as a lot more game created leagues start popping up in that timeframe.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #7
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Will this work if I start in 1871?

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thanks very much for this guide. I tried a few times in 18 with my own variation of your setup. I always start a historical random debut league in 1901 with reserve rosters set to 15. Finish 1901 and proceed with a 5 round draft in December 1901 but with enough players for 15 rounds. This insures that I have enough players to add an unaffiliated AAA league in 1902 with 8 or 10 teams, try to do this by adding a league to my current game. Tried today in 19 but pulled the trigger on expansion too early and had the teams filled with fictional players, which I do not want in my league at all costs. I should have waited until after the start of MLB season. I noticed that there now is an option not to hold an inaugural draft which I thought would solve my problem. What I want to do is fill all my AAA teams with free agents after spring training is over and avoid any fictional players like the plague using a free agent draft.
I also want to check for fictional players at some interval to make sure none sneak into my world.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Sorry if I rambled in this but in my head it is very I just can’t seem to execute the plan.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Will this work if I start in 1871?
I am sure it would but just keep an eye on free agents and don't start adding leagues until you have a good number of them. I don't think a lot of minor leaguers start showing up until the 1890s.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Thanks very much for this guide. I tried a few times in 18 with my own variation of your setup. I always start a historical random debut league in 1901 with reserve rosters set to 15. Finish 1901 and proceed with a 5 round draft in December 1901 but with enough players for 15 rounds. This insures that I have enough players to add an unaffiliated AAA league in 1902 with 8 or 10 teams, try to do this by adding a league to my current game. Tried today in 19 but pulled the trigger on expansion too early and had the teams filled with fictional players, which I do not want in my league at all costs. I should have waited until after the start of MLB season. I noticed that there now is an option not to hold an inaugural draft which I thought would solve my problem. What I want to do is fill all my AAA teams with free agents after spring training is over and avoid any fictional players like the plague using a free agent draft.
I also want to check for fictional players at some interval to make sure none sneak into my world.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Sorry if I rambled in this but in my head it is very I just can’t seem to execute the plan.
I think random debut makes it quite different from what I am doing as with random debut you can not have minor league players. I would assume simply setting your amateur draft in the first year of your RD league to something like 40 or 50 rounds should give you enough players for you to create an affiliated AAA league right after the draft.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #11
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I will try that but usually the random debut league restricts me to 704 players but I will see if I can up that number. Think I need ~ 1100 players.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:31 AM   #12
Zitofan75
All Star Starter

Okay, this looks great! I'm definitely trying this soon!
Zitofan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #13
RMc
All Star Starter

One thing I'd like to do...

...is create a historical universe that has multiple leagues and dozens of teams, that are neither "major" nor "minor"; they're just professional baseball clubs, with the bigger cities (usually) represented in the larger leagues. I want access to (real) minor leaguers to fill out the rosters, but it seems the only way to do that is to click on minor leagues and evolution, to keep getting fresh players.

The problem, of course, is that real major and minor leagues pop up every year, on top of my fictional universe; I have to delete them before I can start the season, which is kinda tedious. I wonder if there's a better way; a way to simply "inject" real players into my universe without having to worry about the real teams and leagues. Any ideas?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #14
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
...is create a historical universe that has multiple leagues and dozens of teams, that are neither "major" nor "minor"; they're just professional baseball clubs, with the bigger cities (usually) represented in the larger leagues. I want access to (real) minor leaguers to fill out the rosters, but it seems the only way to do that is to click on minor leagues and evolution, to keep getting fresh players.

The problem, of course, is that real major and minor leagues pop up every year, on top of my fictional universe; I have to delete them before I can start the season, which is kinda tedious. I wonder if there's a better way; a way to simply "inject" real players into my universe without having to worry about the real teams and leagues. Any ideas?
Would take a lot of work but could be done if you manually import all your rookies each year. I had success with OOTP18 when I made a PCL only league by manually importing rookies. Not too hard creating txt file to bulk import rookies if you are comfortable with excel and viewing the minor league players dat file.

Manually importing them into a fictional league would be the only way you could accomplish it, I think.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:20 AM   #15
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Nice work! I'll have to go over the details when I am more alert. So, in theory, I could populate my universe with some fictional players to supplement years with meager FA's? I generally might created FA "scrubs" to fill spots. I convince myself that they were BALLPLAYERS whose records were lost due to "Statistical Error".
Old 03-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #16
Zitofan75
All Star Starter

Well that worked well. Finished the 1931 season and everything worked like a charm!
Zitofan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #17
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Thanks! I'll probably start earlier when I'll buy the game at midnight the 24 because I want the Union Association (1884) and the Player League (1890)...

Only difference is that I won't wait for the free agent draft since those two leagues picked good players from the Major League.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

One thing I have notice is that when my created minor league end its season something wrong happened... the Major League structure was updated and the new players class was loaded.

I guess the way to prevent that is to uncheck "automatically expand league" and "automatically import historical rookies" in the historical game setting untill the minor league season is over and check them before the ML World Series end?

Unless I missed something very obvious...

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:42 PM   #19
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
One thing I have notice is that when my created minor league end its season something wrong happened... the Major League structure was updated and the new players class was loaded.

I guess the way to prevent that is to uncheck "automatically expand league" and "automatically import historical rookies" in the historical game setting untill the minor league season is over and check them before the ML World Series end?

Unless I missed something very obvious...
Do you mean the World Series is ending before your created minor league season is done? The game will update and generate the new rookies immediately after the World Series so simply editing your schedule to start earlier for the minor league playoffs to be over before the world series would solve your issue.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:06 AM   #20
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

This is great! I started in 1871 with draft enabled. This is ok because the draftees not picked aren't eligible as free agents until after the draft. The amount of free agents was around 20-30 until 1882 when it ballooned to 576. Probably because of the American Association (beer and whiskey league) being formed IRL.

So I decided to add the New England League. Everything was fine. Two minor issues. Make sure you have AI voting checked for awards. I didn't and the only award given in 1884 was MOY. Easy fix. I just pretend they didn't have enough money yet for awards. I don't vote for awards so not an option.

The other issue was finance. The only contracts given for the first season were minor league so everyone is at zero the first year but the coaches. I clicked the button for fictional but nothing happens since they all have minor league contracts. No big deal but I created the league at the end of the 1883 season. I didn't notice that the numbers didn't change for 1884 until after I simmed the season so at preseason in 1885 I manually changed it and now it's working. They updated for 1886 on it's own. Good to go. My advice is to create a new league Jan 1st so your in the same start year. I'm ending 1886 now so I'm adding the Eastern League Jan 1st. There are 524 free agents.

A few interesting individuals: Al Spalding is at the end of his career in 1883 so he signs with the Newport Colts. In 1886 he is released and immediately signs with the Manchester Blue Sox. He is a two way 1B/RP but for the Blue Sox he only pinch hit for 20 AB's. Pretty cool.

Name:  al_spalding_1886-08-13_23-01-58 copy.jpg
Views: 3816
Size:  276.3 KB

Fleet Walker, African American, showed up. Taunton Herrings

Name:  fleet_walker_1886-08-13_22-55-29 copy.jpg
Views: 3845
Size:  172.5 KB

And then I noticed this guy leading a few leader board stats named George "Tank" Carr. Clicked on him to see who he was and he is black. Another African American. I looked him up and Carr actually played in the Negro Leagues but in the 1920's. So why did he show up in the 1880's when I think that's when he was born? Interesting, does this mean someone like Josh Gibson might show up early? I have the color barrier on for the MLB BTW.

Name:  george_carr_1886-08-13_23-12-03 copy.jpg
Views: 3820
Size:  175.1 KB

I'm happy this is working so well overall. Love being able to add these leagues. Thanks TigerFan.

Last edited by crawdad5000; 04-03-2018 at 01:25 AM.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote