Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
Tony-OH
Minors (Single A)

All-time Franchise League

I always wanted to create a historical league that allows you to select players throughout history from a certain year to play in a particular organization. In other words, the league would be full of All-Orioles, All-Red Sox, etc. No player would be allowed to be on more than one organization so if you drafted Say Reggie Jackson from 1977 for the Yankees, he could no longer play for another organization.

Any idea how to set something like this up?
Tony-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

One might have been made called All-Time Greats but not up to date/no Minor League Team.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

I would guess that your best bet would be to set up a historical league, and either delete the players you don't want or all players, and then use the import player function to get the players that you want.

Is this basically an all-time greats by franchise league? Or is it a little different? I've been thinking about putting together what I'd call an all-time franchise league; but, instead of have the "best" players throughout a teams history, it would have the players most identified with the team/the players who have played the most games for that franchise would make their roster.
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

It seems like this would be a one-year league. What are your plans for this? Where you thinking that way, or how would you handle it as a career league? I often thought about building one of these with a reserve roster of young players in order to make it last a little longer.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #5
diceson
Bat Boy

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't played around with setting it up.

I was thinking you set up all the teams as Human Owner/GM, then do a draft, putting the players on the various teams, then switching back to computer owned teams.

I was going to try a career league by "drafting" other players of that franchises' history each year. Again, I think you'd have to set it back the Human Owner/GM, draft, then switch back.
diceson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You could also import the player as a free agent, then use the editor to assign him to a team.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
You could also import the player as a free agent, then use the editor to assign him to a team.
My thought as well, and this would be my suggestion. I think I would also turn off the draft/any minor leagues and have a reserve roster.

Regarding it being a 1 year league or more...I think that partially depends on how the rosters are composed.

If you're talking "Peak"/"Shooting Star" type rosters (Greatest Single seasons) - you probably just want a single year league saved as a quick start you can simulate over and over

If you're talking more of a Career All-Time Greats (I think what you're shooting for) - your could probably run that 6-10 years...maybe more. I guess it depends how you treat the Dave Winfield types - is he assigned to the Padres, and if so, do they then get his whole career, or only years with the team?

I'm thinking my face of the franchise type league (most games played for the franchise) could probably go close to 15 years if you import everyone as rookies/2nd year. Think Jim Gantner on the Brewers - probably shouldn't really qualify for the all-time brewers squad, but easily has most games at 2nd for Franchise, is the "Franchise" 2nd baseman.
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote