Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
Spaceman213
Bat Boy

Strange trade w/Tyler Heineman

The other day I was shopping a player and the Astros offered Tyler Heineman. So, I started playing around to see what else I could get in the deal. The Astros were willing to trade tops prospects A.J. Reed, Kyle Tucker, Francis Martes, a SS prospect that my scout valued, 10 million in cash and a 1st round pick. Then I noticed they were willing to take Joe Kelly for all of that. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?
Spaceman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #2
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

The CPU doesn't recognize names. AJ Reed could be "Player ABC" for all they care. I'd adjust the trade settings or just use a house rule to not take advantage of the CPU. There will always be user advantage in some sense.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
Spaceman213
Bat Boy

It's just if I took Heineman out of the deal, then there would be no trade. It was like they were insistent that he had to part of the deal. It's like a team dumping a guy because of salary or character issues, but it seemed odd with a young prospect.
Spaceman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman213 View Post
The other day I was shopping a player and the Astros offered Tyler Heineman. So, I started playing around to see what else I could get in the deal. The Astros were willing to trade tops prospects A.J. Reed, Kyle Tucker, Francis Martes, a SS prospect that my scout valued, 10 million in cash and a 1st round pick. Then I noticed they were willing to take Joe Kelly for all of that. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?
Gonna try and see if I can reproduce this... Were you the Red Sox making the deal with the Astros or vice versa?
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

I've had this happen a few times with different teams. It seems very common in catchers. I had it happen. Blue Jays traded a AAA catcher. They also gave me their top 4 spects and 10 mil for Ryan vogelsong. Then I waived the catcher and they reclaimed him. Then tried to trade him to me again
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #6
DaBears
Major Leagues

I have started a few games using 2016 date and have noticed the Astros are totally willing to give away Bregman, Reed, and a couple of other strongly rated prospects. Another I noted was the Mets will trade D'Arnoud and Matz for almost nothing. The Cards will trade Diaz, although the game doesn't seem to rate him that highly so this may be the reason. Just some anomalies that do seem a bit odd. As has been said, whatever the designers do to the trading system, there always seem to be things you can exploit so house rules do seem necessary if you want to keep the game truly fair.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote