Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #121
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what's going on with your wall texture. Might want to try a different material.

You also need to scale your model in sketch up. I always make sure I scale it first. If you worked off of an existing model. Highlight the whole thing, use your measuring tape. Measure from home to first, enter 90' and it should ask if you want to scale the entire model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #122
mr-cpu-geek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Not sure what's going on with your wall texture. Might want to try a different material.

You also need to scale your model in sketch up. I always make sure I scale it first. If you worked off of an existing model. Highlight the whole thing, use your measuring tape. Measure from home to first, enter 90' and it should ask if you want to scale the entire model

I did that when creating it. In fact, inside of SketchUp, The tape measure shows 350' to the left field wall. I must have done something wrong. I'm going to start over and try again tonight. I'll do home to first this time. maybe the field I'm using is off scale?

Thanks!
mr-cpu-geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #123
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

That's strange

Old 07-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #124
mr-cpu-geek
Minors (Single A)

I wonder if it is a problem with SketchUp on my Mac? I downloaded version 16.1.1451 last night. I have put it on two Macs and the same thing happens.

I just took your fictional_15 stadium and exported it and tried to put it into OOTP. The textures are better, so that is something I'm doing wrong there.

But, the scale of the stadium is still off, see below:

Name:  snagit1.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  158.4 KB
Old 07-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #125
mr-cpu-geek
Minors (Single A)

Ok, I feel dumb....

I was clicking on the foul pole, not the bases....

Yes, kick me...

So, I think I have the basics down now...

Sorry to bother you with my stupidity...

Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #126
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Just bumping this excellent tutorial.. One key thing I found with the follow me tool is to click to highlight the wall you are trying to follow with the stands (Ctrl and click to select multiple pieces) prior to using the follow me tool on the edge. Helped get me through several very frustrating things I had run into when I started trying to build out a couple of things from scratch.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:30 AM   #127
Carnat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the great tutorial Silvam!

I have one big problem though... when I go to load the stadium in OOTP18, it says:

"Unable to load the 3D model. Error log: unable to load park: load_stadium failed, loading default park was not allowed"

Any ideas? I tested an early version of the same stadium and that worked. I imagine I screwed up somewhere but I have no idea how I could've done that!! I was wondering if you ever managed to fix a similar problem.
Carnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #128
Carnat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnat View Post
Thanks for the great tutorial Silvam!

I have one big problem though... when I go to load the stadium in OOTP18, it says:

"Unable to load the 3D model. Error log: unable to load park: load_stadium failed, loading default park was not allowed"

Any ideas? I tested an early version of the same stadium and that worked. I imagine I screwed up somewhere but I have no idea how I could've done that!! I was wondering if you ever managed to fix a similar problem.
Solved! It wasn't working when I was exporting it from Sketchup as a .OBJ but it did work when I exported it as a .3DS. I'm just saying in case someone has the same problem.
Carnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #129
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Working on a fictional stadium that has a lot of angles and curves and different wall heights in different areas. I try to use the offset tool to make the different heights, but it's only limiting me to 10' (which is the height of my LF line wall) and not the 15' I want to make my LCF wall (and eventually, my deep LF wall will be around 30'). How do I bypass this restriction, or am I doing something wrong? Do I need to start with the 30' wall and work down from there?

Also, how do I make the angle that will go from the 10' wall to the 15' wall to the 30' wall? I'm new to SketchUp and am trying the Panpaka Park request I made as my first attempt at 3D modeling.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:01 AM   #130
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Silvam, I just wanted to let you know that the original tutorial images have fallen victim to the Photobucket greediness and I think you should replace them.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #131
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
Silvam, I just wanted to let you know that the original tutorial images have fallen victim to the Photobucket greediness and I think you should replace them.
I recommend imgur, it'll stay up for a long time. But yeah, photobucket sucks for this exact reason.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote