Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:17 AM   #1
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Some suggestions for FHM3

1) On the league schedule screen, show the record and league ranking next to each team name. I sim from this view and it would help to know if the team I’m about to play is good, in the middle of the pack, or at the bottom. It would also help fill up the whitespace. It would also be nice to have “Preview” button that pops up a screen showing head-to-head stats and offence/defence/speed/toughness/coaching ratings or stars.

2) I would like to know what a player’s preferred major role is before I opt to change it and make him unhappy. Younger players, depending on an adaptability or coachable rating would be more amenable than a veteran.

3) When constructing lines, I’d like a summary how effective the line would be. It might be nice to have an average of the offence/defence/speed/toughness for each line. There seems to be lots of whitespace in the panels to maybe show a letter grade for each category.

4) I’d like to get a news report when a major player gets put on the trading block. I just happen to go to the screen once in a while only to find a star player like Patrick Kane available. It would have been nice to know this when it happens.

5) Rumours are always fun. Take a look at Football Manager on how to implement this. Seeing my closet rival or a team I’m competing with is thinking about trading for a player may make me react and try and get a jump on the player. The rumours shouldn’t pollute your inbox but be under the League and available to browse at the user’s convenience.

6) Trading needs to provide more feedback. What is the other team looking for? Who are they absolutely not interested in from my roster and prospects? One possibility would be to “inquire” about a player. The opposite GM would outline some parameters and maybe show a list of players and prospects they would consider. Right now it’s not a lot of fun. You just keep throwing players into the box and hope something sticks. See OOTP for how trading could be implemented. A “Team Needs” option would help in this regard. I really like the option in OOTP (I can't remember the button) where you can just ask "What will it take to get this done?" The AI GM will then list some players or just say it's not possible.

7) The NHL standings need to show a WildCard standings. There need to be expanded standings in general including ROW. There’s plenty of whitespace. Just take a look at the league standings at NHL.com for what would be awesome.

8) The ability to be general manager of a national team at the Olympics or World Junior Championships while still being general manager of a team in your home league would be awesome. I would be able to select the coaching staff and players to represent the country, as well as be able to set lineups, tactics, etc. or just turn it over to the coaching staff I chose.

9) Personal Details on a player card really need to show when the player was drafted. This is currently buried under the Contract tab. If that’s the case, why isn’t this shown on the Contract panel of the first screen?

10) I still would like injury notifications from my affiliates and unsigned draft picks.

11) I should be able to place anyone in my organization on the Trading Block, not just guys on my NHL roster.

12) I’d like to be informed when a player gets placed on waivers. I’ve missed out on guys I might have claimed only to find out he was claimed by another team.

13) I’d like to offer personnel contracts for different roles, like offering a scout an Assistant Coach’s position, or a former Head Coach the opportunity to be an Assistant Coach.

14) I wish there was a filter when searching for personnel. It’s painful trying to click around to find the correct staff.

15) It would be nice to be able to get a coach’s report about a specific player.

16) Please add expanded rosters for pre-season.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
BlcknGld18
Bat Boy

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease add play by play for online leagues. Why is this the only game of all sim games that does not have it? Curious what the reasoning is
BlcknGld18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:52 AM   #3
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Please allow me to test the game. I am sick of a mediocre trade engine and will dedicate hours and am willing to spend the time with develops to make FHM3 much better in that aspect!

Like I mentioned before I have been playing in Fantasy Hockey Leagues for over 20 years, dating back to HLS2.

I should join a Fantasy League here.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote