Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
Kirby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

editing players issue

Hey GUys, had this issue with ootp 13 and kinda ruined the experience for me. Now some of you may think this is a strange way to play the game but it is the way I like to play it.

Typically I will take existing roster players (young ones from the minors mostly) and edit them names and all to match an old franchise I had in Season Ticket Baseball (old Markus Sim game from 2003). I like to edit the current and potential rating s to match the type of players they all were and see them grow and develop etc. see if I can win with that team specifically. this is my issue when I edit them all :

Every few weeks or so I notice that the current and potential ratings are changed on the back end. and I have to constantly go back into the editor for each player and change the current and potential ratings back to what I had originally set them at. this is really getting tiresome and ruining the experience for me.

is there anything I can do to have at least the potential ratings stay the same? without it being changed all the time? is there another way I should be going about this? when it comes to editing a player what causes the constant potential changes?

any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW any old Season Ticket Baseball fans out there....my lineup is below...you should recognize a few of threse guys:

Jake Felt
Rosey "Skeeter" Like
Alvin Bennett
Louis Jones
Eli Spears
Francisco Delarosa

And my Ace ...Reyes Andres
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Do the changes match up with your development reports?

Regardless what you set the ratings to, unless you disable player development, they will change as players progress/regress.

I'm not sure what kind of changes you're seeing, are they big changes or small?, but check the development report and see if the changes are reflected.

Also, are you playing with Scouts on? If so, you need to rescout players when you make changes.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of one of the players with the changes you made before/after and a pic of the development report for him?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #3
Kirby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Do the changes match up with your development reports?

Regardless what you set the ratings to, unless you disable player development, they will change as players progress/regress.

I'm not sure what kind of changes you're seeing, are they big changes or small?, but check the development report and see if the changes are reflected.

Also, are you playing with Scouts on? If so, you need to rescout players when you make changes.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of one of the players with the changes you made before/after and a pic of the development report for him?
Let me ask, if I turn off Player development will that mean every player in the game will stop developing? or does this simply mean there wont be changes to the potential ? they will ahve a straight line of development as per the back end ratings?
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Let me ask, if I turn off Player development will that mean every player in the game will stop developing? or does this simply mean there wont be changes to the potential ? they will ahve a straight line of development as per the back end ratings?
If you turn off development, all their ratings will stay the same, both actual and potential....

One thing you can do to cut down on the potential rating changes is to set the "Talent Change Randomness" setting (in the Game Settings under Players & Facegen) to 0 or 1 (I can't remember if there is any issue with it being set to 0).
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote