Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #1841
Fnbrown
Bat Boy

I'm having an issue with lost progress. I last left off my current game sometime late in Spring Training in 2035. When I re-loaded the game, I was back at January 1 of that year, with all the progress lost.

Frankly, this is very discouraging, and makes me want to quit a game that I have put 20 virtual seasons into so far.
Fnbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:32 AM   #1842
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnbrown View Post
I'm having an issue with lost progress. I last left off my current game sometime late in Spring Training in 2035. When I re-loaded the game, I was back at January 1 of that year, with all the progress lost.

Frankly, this is very discouraging, and makes me want to quit a game that I have put 20 virtual seasons into so far.
Well, that sucks. The game crashes on all of us sometimes.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #1843
daguruvjt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnbrown View Post

I have a similar issue where the AI thinks we are in spring training, yet the schedule says the regular season started. I fixed all of the rosters by hand, and tried to play and the AI reset all the roster sizes back to spring training levels after one game.
16 seasons in, and it looks like I have to dump everything and restart.

V.
daguruvjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #1844
camly
Minors (Double A)

Team wins both games, series tied at 1?

Any idea what is happening?
camly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #1845
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

This is a fun one. My DH was injured day-to-day while running the bases, and because the replacement was listed as a PR, I was able to list another player at DH after moving the replacement to the field, which I shouldn't have been able to do.

(I used the manual "remove DH" button to rectify the situation.)
Attached Images
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #1846
underdogautopsy
Bat Boy

RTS Test Page Perpetual

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but I'm a bit manic trying to find a solution.

I've been added as an assistant Commissioner in my online league, MLB Pro, but am having one major issue with our sims.

The Real Time Sim option checks out when I test it in-game, and it produces a Test Page on the league's website, mlb-pro.com, but that Test Page never gives way to live-updated results of the actual RTS when I'm running the file in-game.

I'm on a Mac and everything else is checking out.

Any red flags on what could be causing this? Or anyone willing to chat in Gchat to help me figure it out?

Thank you!

-Jonathan
underdogautopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #1847
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I have put in two tickets since my game de-authenticated itself on Tuesday with no answer. Does anyone know how to remove your OOTP 16 license so it can be re-used?

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #1848
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Does anyone know how to remove your OOTP 16 license so it can be re-used?
1. Start the game.
2. Click on "Settings"
3. Click on "License"
4. Click on "Release license/un-license game"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have reported some problems with feeder leagues (earlier in the thread). It seems they are fixed in OOTP 17.
Tullius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #1849
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullius View Post
1. Start the game.
2. Click on "Settings"
3. Click on "License"
4. Click on "Release license/un-license game"
There is no such option. I think it's because the game isn't licensed. It's stuck in limbo between being unlicensed and not being able to be activated with my serial number.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm just going to install the Steam version.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams

Last edited by Solonor; 03-19-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 AM   #1850
demons19
Minors (Double A)

I ran into something odd, off-season Nov 15 and when I finish the day my entire 40 man roster leaves my team!!
What would cause this?
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #1851
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
There is no such option. I think it's because the game isn't licensed. It's stuck in limbo between being unlicensed and not being able to be activated with my serial number.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm just going to install the Steam version.
Good luck with using SteM
Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #1852
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Good luck with using SteM
Obviously, my bad MOJO with everything Steam applies even to my cell phones auto correct... And
Old 03-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #1853
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons19 View Post
I ran into something odd, off-season Nov 15 and when I finish the day my entire 40 man roster leaves my team!!
What would cause this?

Nobody can help??
The entire 40 man roster quits my team, fans support drops to 35
What is special about November 15th?
I can no longer play until I get a fix.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:36 AM   #1854
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons19 View Post
Nobody can help??
The entire 40 man roster quits my team, fans support drops to 35
What is special about November 15th?
I can no longer play until I get a fix.
What are your league settings and options? If you play in a league where extensions are disabled and max contract length is 1 then all players will be FA after the year.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:43 AM   #1855
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Contracts set to 10yr max.....extensions are allowed......never touched the setting.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:35 AM   #1856
OnWisconsin
Bat Boy

17 Year Old 4 With 4 Star Current Rating in Draft Pool Named Jordan Walden

I was viewing the 2016 Draft Pool, and I discovered a 17 year old relief pitcher named Jordan Walden who had a 4 star rating and a 5 star potential. A glitch to do with current Jordan Walden? I can just delete him from the game, but I thought it was something that should be known. I've never seen a draft pool that had anybody over a one star current rating, but this 17 year old pitcher had a 4 star rating.
OnWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #1857
mmorgan184
Minors (Double A)

My players.dat file has ballooned up for 424,006 kb. Is there anyway to reduce the size besides putting roster caps on all the minor leagues, and reducing the number of minor league teams in my league? This will allow for less players in the league file over time right?

Thanks.
mmorgan184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:26 PM   #1858
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorgan184 View Post
My players.dat file has ballooned up for 424,006 kb. Is there anyway to reduce the size besides putting roster caps on all the minor leagues, and reducing the number of minor league teams in my league? This will allow for less players in the league file over time right?

Thanks.
Are you carrying Retired Players in your history? They can really add up over time. How old is the league?
Old 03-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #1859
mmorgan184
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Are you carrying Retired Players in your history? They can really add up over time. How old is the league?
We're only heading into our 3rd off-season. How do I stop carrying retired players?
mmorgan184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #1860
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Jason Grilli's stats ...

He's listed with zero saves in 2015. He actually had 24.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote