Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM Dynasty Reports

Old 02-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

DYNASTY- Bringing Back Broad St.

Hello Hockey World,

My name's Sean but for all intents and purposes you all can call me Bean. I've been checking out some of the dynasty threads and as someone who wants to see this game grow I figured I would start up my own dynasty during my first run at being a general manager. I am excited and ready to get the ball rolling.

As someone who grew up on the far end of Broad Street and a huge hockey fan my whole life it only makes sense for me to kick things off as the Philadelphia Flyers. The only downside is I'm creating a world in which Ron Hextall isn't a GM, and that is wrong. In order to counteract this I thought up the only natural replacement. Someone from Flyer's history, who was never an All-Star but fans around Philly loved him, though as nails, and someone who already has their name on the Stanley Cup but wants to bring it back to the City of Brotherly Love

I present to you, the new General Manager of the Philadelphia Flyers...

BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Salary Cap- Today, 1 Year, and 3 Year Lookout

Shjon is walking into the Flyer’s at an interesting time in the franchise. Even with Chris Pronger on the Active Roster there is $14.8M in cap space (once he goes to LTIR there will be about $19.7M free) and with the Flyers being financed by Ed Snider they are sitting pretty with more than enough capitals for Free Agents ($10.5M) and Extensions ($34.97M).

Short term the Flyers are set with money, but there are some concerns to address now before they bite us long term. To get a clear picture lets break this up by position:

FORWARDS- One year from now the Flyer’s will go from spending under $30 million on 14 NHL quality forwards to $31.875 on just 8. This increase comes from 3 big extensions to Giroux, Couturier, and Read. While the Giroux and Couturier extensions keep in place two franchise centers Read is going to have to play for his two and a half million bonus or will likely find himself expendable. If Downie finds chemistry and consistency he could be back in the future, but he has a lot of competition in the deep forward pool. Schenn is due for a big time cash influx, and will be on Shjon’s shortlist for preseason extensions. Raffl, McGinn, Hall, and Vande Velde are all playing for extensions in their roles with the team.

Three years down the road will be the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. The good is that the Flyers will still have Giroux and Simmonds in their primes. The bad is that they will have to look at resigning Couturier and Vorachek, as well as thinking about the futures in the likes of Brayden Schenn and Scott Laughton. The Ugly is that Read, Hartnell, and Lecavalier will be 30, 34, and 36 and have an average cap hit of $4.3M. At least one of those contracts has to go, if there is a bite on Lecavalier before the season starts expect Podein to reel it in.

DEFENSE-
Despite what some say Podes does not believe the Flyer’s defense is in total disarray. Next year Timonen’s Six Million Dollar contract is coming off the books and the 16 year veteran will be worth about half as much financially. Ownership is confident a deal can be worked out with Erik Gustafsson to keep him 4-6 more years at only a small increase to his current hit. Most excitingly is that, if our scouts are to be believed, steady blueliner, MacDonald isn’t in it for the money.

The only bad contract is Grossmann, our #7 D-Man bringing in $3.5, if it can be unloaded a more affordable option can be found in free agency or through our own system. Also, Streit’s contract due to his age could be troublesome. As it stands now he is one of our best players and his hit is acceptable, but if he takes any dips in his abilities he could find himself bound to a team in need of a PP QB.

GOALIES- Can Stone Cold Steve Mason bring the Flyers the Cup? At $12.3M over three years starting next year it certainly seems management believes so. Emery will serve as a good backup, but his price tag is too hefty to resign, more affordable options exist.

TOTAL- As it stands now the Flyers cap hit is at $57,477,500 with $20,499,573 available. Next year the Flyers are slated to drop that down to $52,825,000 meaning there should be approx. $25M in cap space next year. The Flyers have to resign B. Schenn, Gustafsson, and MacDonald. Grossmann and Lecavalier are starting off on the Trade List, while Hartnell, Read, and Streit will be carefully monitored. Downie needs to prove his offensive worth or will be testing the market. There is room now for a new high profile skater, but any stay would be short term as the Flyers look to their youth.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Coaching/ Scouting

Scouting:

Shjon Podein's Flyers are pretty set on a personnel front. The Scouts are all desirable and fairly priced. My scouting setup is pretty simplistic, I've put 9 in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL (one for goalies, defensemen, and forwards per league), 1 in Eastern USA, Western USA, Midwest USA, and Central Europe, 2 in both Nordic Europe and Former USSR, and the remaining 4 I use for pro scouting (NHL/AHL, trades, shortlist, etc.).

Coaching:

The coaches are pretty cut and dry assistants. All have a good reputation, 10 in patience, 11 in man management, and 12 in abilities evaluation. Unless otherwise noted the coaching abilities are all 10. The coaches make between $92,000 and $102,000.

Hatcher- Defensemen prospect coach. Hatcher is solid in all coaching stats, but not exactly great in any. For. (11), Def. (13), and Prospects (13). $102,000

Laperriere- Forwards prospect coach. Lappy is almost an exact replica of Hatcher, but with a slight eye for potential (11) and strong man management (12). He is a defensive-minded coach, which makes me confident that my young forwards won't become stuck in their own zone. For. (13), Def. (11), and Prospects (13). $101,000

McCarthy- Offensive-minded defense coach. McCarthy is certainly one dimensional, but what he does do he does well. Def. (14). $94,000

Mullen- Forwards coach. Joey Mullen is as one dimensional as McCarthy, but is even better at what he does. For. (15). $96,000

Reese- Goalie coach. Reese is a quality goal tending coach, who like Lappy has an eye for younger talent (11). Goa. (16), and Prospects (11). $92,000

Luce- Don Luce is a big of an enigma of a coach. His ability evaluation is suburb (16) and his ability to find potential is unmatched by the rest of the coaching squad (12). But he severely lacks in his coaching abilities. For. (12). $93,000

Right now there doesn't seem to be any reason to update the coaching staff, except possibly swapping out Luce for someone with more diverse skils. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Ready, Set, Let's Roll...

Thu. Aug. 15, 2013

Shjon Podein hangs up the phone with Mr. Snider, it's been over 14 years since Shjon's been part of Ed Snider's team but the confidence he felt while catching up with him during the interview process has Podes roaring and reading to go. "Donna," he calls for his administrative assistant. "Did you get those numbers for me?" She handed him a piece of paper with three phone numbers, the agents' of Brayden Schenn, Erik Gustafsson, and Andrew MacDonald. Schenn's agent was an old friend of Shjon so he reached for the phone and started to type in the number.

"Shjon?" Donna interrupted, "Do you think that calling agents at 1 in the morning is a good way to get them to agree to better contracts? I haven't been at this long, but it seems like a bit of a risky move to me." Shjon hadn't even realized it passed midnight. He had done a lot today, called up the farm, set his personnel, trade listed two players, and assigned a legion of scouts. And he still had so much to do before the season, tomorrow he would call those agents and create a report on each position for his own records.

"Alright Donna, I suppose you want to get some sleep. I'll be back in the office at 8. I won't need you here until about 9:30 though, so feel free to sleep in." He knew she'd beat him to the office, but he hoped she appreciated his offer the same.

All in all it was a good first day.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
moore4807
All Star Starter

Congratulations

I'm always glad to see a fellow Flyers fan... We are a rare suffering breed...
Shjon Podein? AWESOME - I actually felt the need to Wiki him to find out where he's at today - unsurprisingly a MN high school hockey coach. You are absolutely correct he was a true prototype Flyer, a hard-nosed defensive player who wasn't afraid to muck in the corners, even willingly going in against the bigger guys... Great memories...

Obviously I'll be following your Dynasty and the only advice I can offer is write it so that you enjoy it. I always ask for feedback and get only a little, so it must be enjoyable for me to write it and yes I'm proud of the # of reads! The other thing is I'm medically retired with time on my hands - so work at your own pace, don't feel pressured to "perform"
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the advice Moore. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. As far as working at my own pace, I'll just let you know now that you can expect most of my updates on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I didn't know you were a Flyers' fan, I'll be interested in your take on my lines and tactics once I get those up.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:22 AM   #7
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Day Two

As Shjon Podein shuffled into the office with a cup of coffee in hand he had his goals for the day lined up. After some house keeping with Donna, Shjon was set to have meetings with his Assistant GM, coaching staff and senior scouts. At the meeting the team would compile a position by position depth chart for the team and start preliminary line talks. After that the rest of the day would be devoted to contract talk to lock up Schenn to a 3 year deal for under $2.5, and to sure up the blueline by locking in Mac Donald and Gus to affordable deals.

Before the meeting began Ron Hextall pulled Shjon aside and mentioned to him that if the Podes were interested in clearing roster space to get below the 50 man mark the Coyotes were looking to add some AHL talent. Shjon would write up a proposal later.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:47 AM   #8
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Left Wing

Lecavalier (8.0a/8.0a): At one point in time Vinny Lecavalier was one of the best in the league, at 33 years of age and going into his 16th year in the NHL he certainly has lost a step, but he still has the puck skills of a top line center.
Hartnell (7.5a/7.5a): 31 year old Scott Hartnell does a little bit of everything for the Flyers, he can score, is solid in his own zone, and plays with an edge. He lacks great skating ability, which keeps him from being an elite LW. While he is a top LW on the team, he can play anywhere in the lineup and might bring an extra layer to the second or third lines if need be.
Downie( 7.0a/7.5a): Former first round pick by the Flyers has moved around quite a bit for being so young. He is an average skater with above average offensive skills. He plays a hardnosed game, with some quality defensive ability, but lacks any skills to really stand out as a Top Six guy. Possible trade bait.
McGinn (6.0a/6.5a): Young gun Tye McGinn is essentially a little Hartnell, who will never measure up. While he can’t play the defense or even skate as well as the older LW, McGinn can drop the gloves and put the biscuit in the basket as well as anyone and those two skills make him a possible candidate for time on the first line alongside franchise centermen.
Rinaldo (6.5a/7.0a): Zac Attack is hell on ice. He hits and fights. Still young and with potential he might grow into a bit more of a defensive 4th liner. Right now he projects to be a platoon player with more defensive options.
Noebels (5.5/6.5a): At 21 the German playmaking prospect is still a bit of a project. He will work on his game in the AHL where he will log decent minutes as he improves his skating and his game away from the puck. In the event of an injury to a Flyers’ winger he is the first to get a call.
Johnston (5.0a/6.0a): Arguably one of the worst contracts in the Flyers system. With 3 years remaining and no area of his game remotely ready for the NHL. He will be lucky if he holds a job with the Phantoms all season.

Wellwood (6.5c/6.5c) is an NHL quality talent, but the 50 roster limit has hands tied. If any contract could be unloaded to make room for Wellwood the Flyers would be better off.

Popov (6.5c/6.5c), at 25 and in the KHL will likely never come to the NHL, but if he changes his mind the Flyers would have a valuable 3rd line scorer.

19 year old WHLers Leier (5.5a/6.5a) and Goulbourne (4.5d/6.5d) are still a couple steps from even being AHL ready.

Last edited by BeanSobie; 02-14-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #9
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Centers

Giroux (8.5a/8.5a): An All-Star center, Claude can skate, shoot, dangle, and kill penalties. He is the best player on the team and has just inked a long term deal to stay with the club through the prime of his career. His future is looking up.
Couturier (7.5a/8.5a): Following behind the footsteps of a great player like G can be daunting but Sean Couturier just does his best on the ice to make a difference. Also having just signed a new deal Couturier is looking to grow into an offensive threat this year as he aims to center the second line.
Schenn (7.0a/8.0a): A touch more offensive than the guy listed above him, Schenn creates a three headed monster down the middle for the Flyers that has and average age of 22. Schenn’s skating could stand to improve but it’s hard to point to any true flaw in his game.
Laughton (6.0a/8.0a): Scott Laughton is the most interesting person listed so far. While he is higher on the depth chart than NHLers he will not be suiting up for any NHL games this year. For development purposes he’s going to spend another year captaining his junior team as the Flyers wait patiently for one more future star center.
Hall (6.5a/6.5a): Hall may not have the speed that Podein craves in his lineup, but his defensive ability is head and shoulders above the rest of the team. He will work the bulk of the Penalty Kill, and for tight games match up against other team’s top lines
VandeValde(6.0a/6.0a): VandeVelde is a fair skater who can play solid in his own end and is a top notch shot blocker. He will likely split LW4 time with Rinaldo, earning starts against smaller skill teams.
Cousins (5.5a/6.0a): Nick Cousins is likely going to be an AHLer all season, but he has potential to get called up if the team is in need of an offensive center. He could play a third line role on a weaker team, but in this organization the hope is he stays in Adirondack.

Flanagan, (5.5a/6.0a),Brown, (5.5a/6.0a),Holmstrom, (6.0a/6.0a), and Newbury, (6.0a/6.0a) each have skill sets that make them potential call-ups if things were to ever get very bad, but none of them will ever have more than a cup of coffee at the NHL level.

Labrecque, (5.0e/5.5e) is currently playing well in Europe and will likely remain there for the rest of his career. If it ever comes time to cut the protected list he’ll be the first one gone.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:55 AM   #10
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Right Wings

Voracek (8.0a/8.0a): With the puck on his stick Jake is actually the best player on the team. When he lines up with Giroux magic happens on the ice. There is not a whole lot else to say about him, he lets his dangles do the talking.
Simmonds (7.5a/8.0a): There is a reason they call him the Wayne train, he’s a slick sniper who can score from just about anywhere on the ice. He’s also a man, blue collar, old school hockey style player.
Read (6.5a/7.0a): Read is the best skater on the team not named Claude Giroux. Because of that he can make use of his otherwise average puck skills and is a versatile forward for the Orange and the Black.
Raffl (6.0a/6.5a): With the Top Nine being as crowded as it is Raffl will have to make a name for himself on the 4th line as he hopes to build his skills and work at becoming a better all-around hockey player.
Akeson (6.0a/6.5a): Jason is a one dimensional forward who is playing for the chance to be the Flyer’s as an injury replacement.
Straka (5.5a/7.0a): While he is not yet ready for the NHL, his skills are close and he will continue to work on them in hopes of cracking the lineup in the future. Has potential to be special.

AHLers Alderson (5.0a/6.0a), Mathers (5.5a/6.5a), and Rosehill (6.0a/6.0a) will not be joining the big club any time soon.

NCAA talents Parks (4.5e/6.0e), and Placek (4.0e/6.5e) were smart to choose college as a future in professional hockey will be unlikely at best.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #11
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Defense

Coburn (7.5a/7.5a): Coburn is the prototype defensemen that Shjon is looking for. He’s got wheels and can take care of business in his own end. He is not a work horse but he can log big minutes and will be the anchor on defense.
MacDonald (7.0a/7.0a): Mac’s a true workhorse on the back end, with stamina in spades to match his defensive skills and above average skating he will probably take on heavy third period minutes.
Schenn (7.0a/7.5a): The older Schenn brother is still a prospect himself. At 23 he has room to grow but he already has a great base. The only thing his game lacks is top level puck moving and skating ability, and the stamina to be a top line defender.
Streit (8.0a/8.0a): The only player on the team who can out skate Coburn, but unfortunately lacks the ability in his own end. The coaching staff agrees at 35 the best hockey of his career is over, but he still has the hands to run the PP and that will keep him on the ice for a little while longer.
Gustafsson (6.5a/7.5a): The future of the PP lies in the hands of a young Swede named Gus. While he is still growing as a professional he right now is one of the top three in speed and stick handling off the blue line, and his defense is already better than Streit’s. Big things are in store for Gus.
Timonen (7.5a/7.5a): The 38 year old is past his prime and it shows in his diminished abilities. While still a responsible defender, there is nothing in the offensive zone he can do that the 14 year younger Gustafsson can’t. At this point he is just hoping to ride off into the sunset with the Cup in his hands.
Grossmann (6.5a/6.5a): A great stay at home defender, Grossmann’s just lacking any puck moving skills to make him worth keeping around at the NHL level. He will fill in for injuries and maybe take some starts from Gus against smaller teams that need to be pushed around. But as the 7th man his cap hit is too high and management will look to move his contract.
Gill (6.5a/6.5a): Grandpa Gill could be one of the best players on the team if he just could skate even a little bit. As speed is one of Podein’s primary attributes when looking at building a team Gill will be floated around the trade mill to see if it is safe to waive him after Training Camp.
Morin (6.0a/7.5a): At just 18 years of age Morin is already on the cusp of being NHL ready. His skating is still behind, but with some coaching that can be fixed and his defense is already 3rd pair ready. It would not surprise if this were his final year in the minors.

The AHL will be rounded out by Gervais (6.0a/6.0a), Bourdon (6.0a/6.5a), Alt (6.0a/6.5a), Konan (5.5a/6.5a), Eddy(6.0a/6.5a), Lauridsen (6.0a/6.5a), Lamarche (5.5a/6.5a), and Manning (6.0a/6.5a).

After a year of scouting and development the staff will meet again and decide upon which unsigned prospects will be worth bringing to the professional level. Hägg (5.5c/7.5c) tops that list.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:15 AM   #12
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Goalies

Mason (7.5a/8.0a): The future of Philly's hopes and dreams rests on the 6'3 shoulders of Steve Mason. Still not at his full potential he is an above average NHL goalie who can still develop into something more, but fans and coaches must recognize he will never be more than very good.
Emery (6.5a/6.5a): A quality backup goaltender, Ray Emery is going to give Mason time off on back to back nights and sporadically throughout the season to keep the legs fresh.
Heeter (6.0a/6.5a): Cal will be backstopping for the AHL Phantoms this season. Not quite ready to make the jump Heeter might one day be a decent NHL backup.
Danis (6.0a/6.0a): This journeyman has had a number of shots with the big leagues but now must settle into a role of AHL backup. While he may very well become the back up to Heeter over the season, Danis needs to be ready to come up as an emergency injury replacement if the situation arises.

In the pipeline for the Flyers are young Americans Anthony Stolarz (5.0e/6.5e), and Merrick Madsen (3.5e/5.5e).
Old 02-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #13
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Signings

Schenn: The priority with Schenn’s deal was to keep it a three year deal, a two year extension would come expire the same time as Voracek and Couturier’s creating a difficult offseason woes. A 4 year deal would also take Schenn to unrestricted free agency, so 3 was the prime target. Luckily, Schenn was asking for $8.04M over 3 years. After a little bit of bargaining Podein dropped it down to $7.45M over 3, securing Schenn until he turns 24 and will be entering the prime of his career.

Gustafsson:
With Schenn’s contract ready for the fax, 24 year old offensive defensemen Erik Gustafsson is next. As was discussed that morning, Shjon really values speed on the backend, and Gus was top three in blueliner skating ability within the organization. As a smaller, less defensively gifted defender Gus will likely come at a bargain price as he continues to develop into a well rounded NHLer. Contract talks start at $2,180,000 for two years but Shjon quickly counters with a better prorated 5 year deal to lock up Gus until his 29th year. The back ended deal will create a hit of $1.9M, but if Gus grows as the team expects he could be a steal at that value in just two years.

MacDonald:
Unfortunately, MacDonald expressed an interest in testing the market and will not be listening to any contract offers yet. Podein plans to try again at a later date, but if this persists ice-time could become part of negotiation tactics.

Podein ended his day on the phone with Pheonix's GM, Don Maloney. Don had put up 37 year old centre Jeff Halpern's (6.5d/6.5d) 1 year $600,000 contract on the block. Willing to offer two low level AHL player's Shjon floated out the names Johnston (5.0a/6.0a) and Alderson (5.0a/6.0a). If the trade goes through Halpern would challange Adam Hall (6.5a/6.5a) for the 4th line centre role and a roster spot would clear up to sign Eric Wellwood (6.5c/6.5c).
Old 02-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #14
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Trade

After about a week of phone tag the Flyer's new general manager finally secured his first roster move at the helm of the team. While it seems a small move to some, opening up the roster spot for the young Eric Wellwood (who might just be the best skater on the team) really will provide some depth for the Flyer's this year. Halpern has good defensive instincts and will look toward making the opening night roster, but if not the price paid was not steep.

Upon competition of the trade Wellwood was immediately offered a 3 year 2-way extension worth $550,000 in the NHL and $89,000 in the AHL.

Feeling good about the trade Shjon assigned one of his professional scouts to check out some free agents to see if there were any young players who fit his play style more than the current AHL crop.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #15
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Development Report

As the days tick by til training camp only two things of note transpire. Draft Picks were signed and the monthly development report came in. As to be expected the older crowd of Hall, Danis, Hartnell, Timonen, Lecavalier, and Pronger took minor hits.

Pronger's development is a wash as he is unofficially retired. Hartnell lost a point in faceoffs, which is of no real effect. Timonen lost a point in getting open, further emphasizing Gustafsson's rise as designated puck mover. Lecavalier lost a point in positioning, not being a real danger but still hurting his overall game. Danis's rebounding ability declined, if this keeps up Heeter will be looking at many more starts. And lastly, Hall lost points in shooting accuracy and pokechecking, while his shooting isn't why he is on the team he needs to be able to pokecheck to stay on the PK.

Last edited by BeanSobie; 02-16-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:19 AM   #16
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

A New Prospect?

At the beginning of training camp Podein had a phone call with his head scout in the Nordic region, Ilkka Sinisalo. Podes mentioned that if a young player similar to Gus was found in the area he should make the team aware, to which Sinisalo immediately replied, "like Oscar Fantenberg?"

After a short debriefing on the player Shjon immediately called in his professional scouts and had them find as much tape on Fantenberg as possible. And generally speaking they liked what they found. OscarFantenberg (6.5a/7.0a) is another fine skating young Swedish rearguard. While his offensive and skating abilities are obviously steps above the rest of the farm, his play in his own zone (far from NHL ready) is competitive. Scout Chris Pryor thinks Fantenberg will be a solid NHL D-Man in two years, with the ability to step into a PP unit.

Now the problem comes down to clearing yet another roster spot as the new GM cautiously makes moves to his club.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:56 AM   #17
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Injury News

The Flyers sent out a number of feelers to move one of their AHL defensemen to another team for a pick or the rights to a player. No word back yet on the trade front, but there are some preseason injuries worth note:

38 year old veteran Saku Koivu (7.5b/7.5b), who broke the 1,000 game plateau two seasons ago, is in danger of missing what might be his final season opener after experiencing some back tightness during a preseason game.

Oilers' 4th line winger Ryan Jones (6.0c/6.0c) will miss six weeks after hurting his wrist in practice. The already poor defense of the Oilers will be hurting with this PK specialist out to start the season.

Coyotes will be without hulking center Martin Hanzel (7.5c/8.0c) for the first few weeks of the season. Curtis Glencross (7.5b/8.0b), recently named captain of the Calgary Flames, will also miss the season opener after an injury in practice. And lastly, Columbus forward Jared Boll (6.5c/6.5c) will be injured for the next four weeks following a hit which separated his shoulder.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:35 AM   #18
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Counting the Days

Sept. 24th is turning out to be a pretty big day. News started with the normal injury roll off as three big name defensemen join the growing list of skaters to miss the league's Oct. 1st start date: Sabres' Tyler Myers (7.5c/8.0c) 2 weeks, Sharks' alternate captain Dan Boyle (7.5c/7.5c) 3 weeks, and Leafs' captain Dion Phaneuf (8.0b/8.0b) 4 weeks.

The Oilers have flipped RW David Perron (7.5c/8.0c) for young power forward Marcus Foligno (7.0b/7.5b) and AHL defender Matt MacKenzie (5.5b/6.0b) from Buffalo. The move looks to help the Sabres compete this year as they add a bonafide goal scorer, while the Oilers seem as though they are just looking to tank again for another #1 Draft Pick.

The Islanders accepted a contract clearing trade that takes RD Matt Konan (5.5a/6.5a) off the books and flips the Flyer's 5th round pick into a 3rd. The Flyers again make out like kings as an ELC is offered to Oscar Fantenberg (6.5a/7.0a) for $590,000 a year.

And finally, the Coyotes offer another trade which would send the Flyers the 2012 58th overall pick Jordan Martinook (5.5c/6.5c) for Adam Hall (6.5a/6.5a). Additional scouting would have to be done on Martinook in the next week to make sure he had true NHL potential, but Shjon can't help but feel obliged to make the move after Maloney helped him clear up the contract space earlier to make room for the addition of Eric Wellwood (6.5a/6.5a).
Old 02-16-2015, 03:52 AM   #19
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

More To Come...

With Oct. 1st right around the bend there are just a few more things to take care of before we finally get to see the team in action. Come back for an injury update involving the Flyers. The final development report from preseason. Opening day rosters, lines, and much more.

What do you think of the moves so far? Who do you expect to make the cut and who is gonna ride the bench or take that long flight back to Adirondack?

Thanks for following so far. We've only just begun.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #20
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanSobie View Post
What do you think of the moves so far? Who do you expect to make the cut and who is gonna ride the bench or take that long flight back to Adirondack?

Thanks for following so far. We've only just begun.
Great read and good start for Podes/Flyers, now is the time to start really scouting your minor leagues and overseas if you want a good jump on next years FA's. There should be some good defensemen at the AHL level - the downside is the AI seems to overvalue them in trades.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote