Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Phillies 2014/15 Offseason

Wil NievesCUFAPHITBD-1$-1O'SullivanO'SullivanSean O'SullivanSPUFAPHITBD-1$-1KendrickKendrickKyle KendrickSPUFAPHITBD-1$-1HorstHorstJeremy HorstRPUFAPHITBD-1$-1Gwynn Jr.Gwynn Jr.Tony Gwynn Jr.LFUFAPHITBD-1$-1BlancoBlancoAndres BlancoSSUFAPHITBD-1$-1BurnettBurnettA.J. BurnettSPUFAPHITBD-1$-1BrignacBrignacReid Brignac2BUFAPHITBD-1$-1ManshipManshipJeff ManshipRPUFAPHITBD-1$-1Free Agents
C- Will Nieves
LF- Tony Gwynn Jr.
SS-Andres Blanco
2B- Reid Brignac

SP-Sean O'Sullivan
SP-Kyle Kendrick
RP-Jeremy Horst
SP-AJ Burnett
RP- Jeff Manship

Burnett declined his player option, so he wants out, one down

I want Tony Jr. back, but I am sentimental, Sizemore outplayed him...he should get an invitation to ST if he doesn't sign elsewhere

Nieves is a necessity as none of the young C are ready...1 yr deal for the 37 yr old to be

Kendrick is a mediocre pitcher that can be replaced by a cheaper option
The rest are horrible

Byrd's HR total doesn't excuse his .317 OBP, Ryan Howard is now Dave Kingman, Utley and Rollins are healthy and although not top tier anymore, having them for most of the season probably meant we got better production from 2b/SS than many NL teams

Ben Revere is what the new ballplayer needs to look like in this heavy K Pitcher era. High contact, SB threat and a damn fine fielding CF. If he raised his walk total by 10 and lowered his K total by 10, that would be great...

David Buchanan had some bad games, but had some good ones, problem is Sandberg had a strict 5 IP hold on him for some reason most starts.

The bullpen needs some tweaking, but I think they should keep Papelbon and hopefully De Fratus, Ethan Martin and Giles can be a nice SU and #1 MR option

Down on the farm, I think Franco and Cesar Hernandez should be the on the big league squad. Cesar Jimenez should be a MR out of camp and I don't care if Hector Neris is not "on the radar" as a top pitching prospect. His BB/K ratio has been great at each level and he should be the long man at first with some Spot Starts to see if he can be a Paul Byrd type pitcher, which I think will be the next big thing in baseball. A healthy workhorse SP who doesn't walk anyone and can last 7 innings.

Anyway, another year of rebuilding...getting big time FAs is no go.
Yes, Philly Phans are unrealistic, always have been...but they have no idea how succesful our run was compared to the history of the Phillies.
The Howard deal was horrible, but nothing can be done about it next season unless he starts hitting .300 with 10 Hrs in May, then send him to an AL team in need of a DH and eat half his contract like it's Subway
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Jason Moyer
Hall Of Famer

The biggest move we could make this offseason is dismantling the entire management system from the owner to the bench coaches.

"I was very fortunate to have a pitching coach by the name of Tom House...Tom, I really miss those days that we spent in the weight room and out on the field working together."
-- Nolan Ryan's HoF Induction Speech
Jason Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote