Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Introducing "FUTURE LEAGUE BASEBALL"

We are down to TWO openings!! Sign up quickly as this league has filled up fast and has a HUGE amount of interaction going on. 18 Other owners are ready to get started! Don't worry about what team name or division is left, you can pick your name and it doesn't matter if they fit in the division (from a location) or not.... we will make it work!

FUTURE LEAGUE BASEBALL - Team recruitment

I've excited to announce the formation of the FLB... Future League Baseball... beginning with the 2020 season. With the demise of the MLB in 2018 the baseball landscape was without a major league.. until now!

Full League Name (Initials): Future League Baseball (FLB)
Main URL: Future League Baseball
Reports URL:Home
Boards URL: Future League Baseball ? Index page
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): troyholl99
Commissioners e-mail address: Commish@futureleaguebaseball.com
Application for new team: Future League Baseball ? View topic - OWNER APPLICATION
OOTP Version15; Patch #2
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional - we will hold an Inaugural draft once we have all the teams full
# of Teams: 20 teams for 2020 expanding by 4 teams every other year until we are full at 32 teams
Export Deadlines Days And Times:Sims Sun, Tues, Thur during the season. Daily S-Thurs in the offseason
League Time Per Sim: 3-days per sim
First Season: 2020
Latest Season: 2020
Special Rules & Settings: The goal is to make this a very active league so participation will be rewarded. We want team owners to post stories on the league blog.

In open disclosure this is my first league as a commissioner! I'm hoping to attract active GMs that will help build a long-lasting league. To ensure a smooth start we already have a build web-site, forum, have statslab up and running and plan on live SIM games. The Commissioner will involve all team owners in working to make this a very successful and long running league!

There are 19 teams available. Please pick a fictional team name from below based on what division you want to be in. New owners will be able to change their team name before we hold the draft. I'll keep this post updated with who has what team as things develop

EASTERN
Montreal Royals (TAKEN)
Chicago Rage
Columbus Conquistadors (TAKEN)
Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds(TAKEN)
Tuscaloosa s Diesel (TAKEN)

WESTERN
New Mexico Blue Sky (TAKEN)
Seattle Reign (TAKEN)
Salt Lake City Buzz (TAKEN -- MY TEAM)
Portland Prowlers (TAKEN)

Las Vegas Maniax (TAKEN)

SOUTHERN
Austin Cave Bats (TAKEN)
Washington Lemmings (TAKEN)
Richmond Confederates (TAKEN)
Houston Gold Sox (TAKEN)
Orlando Volunteers

NORTHERN
Bristol Pirates (TAKEN)
Boston Blue Diamonds (TAKEN)
Brooklyn YTD (TAKEN)
Atlantic City Surf (TAKEN)
New York Emperors

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited by troyholl99; 05-23-2014 at 04:46 PM.
troyholl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Thinking about joining...are all team names final or can you change them? Detroit Juicers might not be the best name.

PS. I think you have North and East swapped.
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
Thinking about joining...are all team names final or can you change them? Detroit Juicers might not be the best name.

PS. I think you have North and East swapped.
No, you can certainly pick a different team location and name... these are just the random names that OOTP15 created when I set things up!

We may realign the leagues once all the teams are taken... I'm sure a few will change and mess things up anyway...
Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
DJ3K
Minors (Single A)

Ive never done a online legaue before but i want to join! Ill take the New York Unicyclists and rename them the New York Emperors!
DJ3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ3K View Post
Ive never done a online legaue before but i want to join! Ill take the New York Unicyclists and rename them the New York Emperors!
Go to the link below and post an application and I'll get you all setup!!

Future League Baseball ? View topic - OWNER APPLICATION
Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
SilverSlugger
Bat Boy

This league is looking like it's gonna be great. Get in on the ground floor while you can!

Houston Gold Sox GM
SilverSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlugger View Post
This league is looking like it's gonna be great. Get in on the ground floor while you can!

Houston Gold Sox GM
We have 12 teams signed up already!! Need 8 more!!

Last edited by troyholl99; 05-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bump

This is looking like a great group of owners!! Lots of activity so far! We need 6 more teams!!

Last edited by troyholl99; 05-18-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #9
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BUMP.... we have just 3 team openings left and so far the 17 owners already in place seem to be VERY active so I'm excited about the future of the FLB..... if you want to be a founding member of a very active league sign up fast.....

Last edited by troyholl99; 05-18-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #10
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We have just two openings and we are very close to holding the initial draft!! Sign up now! You can change the team name so don't worry about the fact only two teams remain!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
mikeyc
Bat Boy

hey all -

i am new to OOTP and online leagues in general (this is my first year to play the game), but i LOVE baseball and in a year where i feel my fantasy baseball league is dying, this could be very fun for me.

i have a few questions though -

when we have the draft... is it all done randomly, or will we be able to make our own picks?

also - can someone explain the export deadlines to me? will sun, tues, thurs be the deadlines to have our rosters in and then the games as a whole are simmed?? (and does this mean there is no game management aspect??)

please get back to me, i am excited to try this out!
mikeyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #12
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyc View Post
hey all -

i am new to OOTP and online leagues in general (this is my first year to play the game), but i LOVE baseball and in a year where i feel my fantasy baseball league is dying, this could be very fun for me.

i have a few questions though -

when we have the draft... is it all done randomly, or will we be able to make our own picks?

also - can someone explain the export deadlines to me? will sun, tues, thurs be the deadlines to have our rosters in and then the games as a whole are simmed?? (and does this mean there is no game management aspect??)

please get back to me, i am excited to try this out!

We will draft live. There will be a 100 round inaugural draft to fill up the teams. The first 50 rounds will be live with manual picks using Statslab. You will have a scheduled pick time/window and can either manually make your picks, setup a list and the computer picks for you, or have the computer pick for you. The last 50 rounds will be all computer picked.

Export deadline means that any changes you want to make must be made in OOTP15 and then 'exported' back to the server. I'll then import everyone's files and SIM the number of days based on if it's in-season or off-season. You'll then import the file back down to your OOTP15 (you'll get an email with the SIM results so you know when its done)... and then you can make changes again! We will use the Live streaming capabilities when the games are being played so you can follow along like your on ESPN.COM...

We have just 2 teams remaining so join up fast! So far this looks like a great bunch of owners/GMs with lots of activity!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
mikeyc
Bat Boy

thanks troy!

i will definitely give it a go, i just hope you guys go easy on the newby!
mikeyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #14
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyc View Post
thanks troy!

i will definitely give it a go, i just hope you guys go easy on the newby!
No problem!! We have a few new owners and the other seems to be helping them out a lot... we have an active AIM group chat that is working well!

Make sure to go sign up!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
dllonsdale54
Minors (Rookie Ball)

League

Would love to join your league,please let me know
dllonsdale54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:21 AM   #16
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllonsdale54 View Post
Hang tight... we may still have one or two openings...
Old 05-22-2014, 02:47 AM   #17
probei
Bat Boy

im interested as well
probei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #18
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllonsdale54 View Post
Are you still interested? If so go to our website at www.futureleaguebaseball.com, then our League Forum, and fill out an online application. We have two teams that dropped out after signing up.... New York and Orlando. You can choose either, and choose a new name if you would like....

If you do this today, I'll set you up tomorrow am. Our draft starts Tuesday using Statslab.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #19
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by probei View Post
im interested as well
Are you still interested? If so go to our website at Future League Baseball, then our League Forum, and fill out an online application. We have two teams that dropped out after signing up.... New York and Orlando. You can choose either, and choose a new name if you would like....

If you do this today, I'll set you up tomorrow am. Our draft starts Tuesday using Statslab.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #20
troyholl99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by probei View Post
im interested as well
Are you still interested? If so go to our website at www.futureleaguebaseball.com, then our League Forum, and fill out an online application. We have two teams that dropped out after signing up.... New York and Orlando. You can choose either, and choose a new name if you would like....