Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support

Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #21
Cusefan95
Minors (Double A)

Just a couple of things I noticed while messing around with the options and fighters:

1) When sorting by record you get something like this:

9-13
8-10
7-2
20-10
20-3
2-7
11-12
1-1

Basically, the sorter reads a 9 higher than a 12 because 9 is higher than 1.

2) I selected all the retired heavyweights and tried to do a mass edit to make them all active fighters. It says 'No changes were selected" Anything I try to mass change gives me the same message.

3) On the fighter screen it shows (for example, Mike Tyson) has a record of 15-7-2. when you go into his card and click on personal history and I add up his wins and losses it gives me a 9-13-2 record. It is like this for almost everyone I look at. I have no idea what their actual record is. To me this is a show-stopper.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #22
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan95 View Post
Just a couple of things I noticed while messing around with the options and fighters:

1) When sorting by record you get something like this:

9-13
8-10
7-2
20-10
20-3
2-7
11-12
1-1

Basically, the sorter reads a 9 higher than a 12 because 9 is higher than 1.

2) I selected all the retired heavyweights and tried to do a mass edit to make them all active fighters. It says 'No changes were selected" Anything I try to mass change gives me the same message.

3) On the fighter screen it shows (for example, Mike Tyson) has a record of 15-7-2. when you go into his card and click on personal history and I add up his wins and losses it gives me a 9-13-2 record. It is like this for almost everyone I look at. I have no idea what their actual record is. To me this is a show-stopper.
Logged in forum

1 was known and 2 and 3 are new to me, definitely not good....
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #23
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

HJey Lee has anyone mentioned about importing from the data base and updating the fighters I have everything selected but it will stop after just doing teh heavyweights and next click the game crashes?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #24
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
HJey Lee has anyone mentioned about importing from the data base and updating the fighters I have everything selected but it will stop after just doing teh heavyweights and next click the game crashes?
New one, logged grrrr
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
grevan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheref View Post
I'm on a 2009 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.3. If you need any more let me know.
Having the same problems as joetheref. Was excited to get the game on Mac but RFG causes the game to crash EVERY time!

Also, for some reason game only has George Foremans "second career" rating of a post prime 9.
grevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevan View Post
Having the same problems as joetheref. Was excited to get the game on Mac but RFG causes the game to crash EVERY time!

Also, for some reason game only has George Foremans "second career" rating of a post prime 9.
Paul is looking at this, but for now this was his suggestion for Joe, please see if it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul
Try to delete your Default skin file in Documents/tbcb2013/data/skins/

Either reopen or close this bug once you have tried... ta...
Let me know if it does not help and I will pass it on to Paul. There have been some RFG issues on the PC as well.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Paul is looking at this, but for now this was his suggestion for Joe, please see if it helps

Let me know if it does not help and I will pass it on to Paul. There have been some RFG issues on the PC as well.
I have just tried this and it doesn't seem to help at all
joetheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #28
Lee
Global Moderator

Thanks I will let Paul know
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

well Lee let me add this as well then for the RFG's I selected 0-6 100 fighters random country and all 100 while the countries were different ALL of them were named A. Smith......(i know grrrr).

UPDATE just for kicks I created a whole new universe and added 100 RFG's in there and guess what????? they are correct different names different countries etc..... bizarre..

UPDATE to UPDATE. I went back in and did the update from database AND IT WORKED....But only on the new created one NOT the 2.5 import.

Last edited by zyberianwarrior; 05-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #30
grevan
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have just tried this and it doesn't seem to help at all
Same here, not working for me either.
grevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #31
PilotMan
Bat Boy

Ok, so I crashed the game starting because of the importing of the women issue that had been discussed earlier. I never did get the game saved, and it tells me that now that my license is blacklisted is in use elsewhere, even though I haven't been able to get a game started yet.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #32
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Ok, so I crashed the game starting because of the importing of the women issue that had been discussed earlier. I never did get the game saved, and it tells me that now that my license is blacklisted is in use elsewhere, even though I haven't been able to get a game started yet.
Hey PM

Try this

Quote:
Go to My Documents/config and check out settings.cfg. Your serial number should be in there... Once you shut down the game, check this file. If the serial number is not there this will be why it keeps asking.

Try going into the options dialog and change something as it will force a write of the config file.

If that file is missing/incomplete scan your disk to make sure there are not any errors.

Let me know what happens.

and if not email Paul

Quote:
Did you do a system update or delete any tb data files between runs of the game?

Can you select offline (manual) licensing and instead of posting on the website as intructed email it to me as someone@pisd.co.uk

I will look into you licensing issue.
Will be fixed in next version
Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
PilotMan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

and if not email Paul

Will be fixed in next version
Tried it, didn't work, sent email.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #34
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Have to admit while I like the combat graphics portion of the fight screen I don't like the reduced size of the fighter pics on the sides. There wasn't anything wrong with that in the earlier versions. Is this one of those skinning things? Where is that exactly? Also what happened to the announcer's voice at the end of a fight. I was hoping for more voice not less. Early days though and lots of questions that the beta team has likely already asked. Good start, Paul!

Cap
Bottom line, I had to code all the sounds blind as the sound on the TB2.5 copy I have does not work. I guess I missed the voices... I need to find them, any chance someone could youtube the end of a fight so I can see these sounds in action?
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWillisTheMan View Post
I just bounced into a uni(from 2.5) where I have Eddie Futch and Joe Souza assigned to every fighter rated over a 7. Suddenly the trainer for that few thousand fighters is Goody Petronelli & the cut man is Pat Burns.

I certainly understand marketing a new product, but why would it change my old one? I spent many, many hours working on my data base for that uni. This honestly pisses me off.
Can you send me your 2.5 game in a zip as I have looked for this and can;t repeat it!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Just tried editing one of the nations and got kicked out.

Cap
Again, I cant repeat this, can you give me more info on what you changed and when exactly it crashed pls?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #37
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
I also get crashes when starting the random fighter generator (the option is named the random fight generator which may need changing) and when clicking the fight card option, and when starting a head to head game
Same with this, I cant replicate this on my mac. Can you download RC5 and try again. Let me know what happens...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #38
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Paul on the RFG it works for me but in my uni it lists the name as a. smith and in a new created game it is all correct (different names etc)
Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #39
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Same with this, I cant replicate this on my mac. Can you download RC5 and try again. Let me know what happens...
I still get crashes when using the RFG and starting a head to head game but fight card seems to work. One bug with fight cards is that I can't change the date. It ignores the date in the auto-scheduler and I can't delete the text when I select change date.

I've also noticed that changes to game options don't save in my universe

Last edited by joetheref; 05-23-2013 at 05:13 AM.
joetheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #40
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Paul on the RFG it works for me but in my uni it lists the name as a. smith and in a new created game it is all correct (different names etc)
Can you send me you saved game with the issue. If its a 2.5 game please send it before the import.