Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #1
RyMACtizzle
Minors (Double A)

Early 20th Century World and Name .xml

Here is an "late 19th / early 20th century" name file and world file that I am pretty happy with.

It is mainly more white names and black names of that time. I also used the americanized names for european names. It does have all the names for other countries but I did add a Jewish and Hawaiian ethnic name set.

In my universe, in the 1890s blacks were allowed to play but were not given as many opportunities, only the best of best were allowed to play. So most players will show up as white with about 5-10% black. I up black ethnicity and lower the white ratio when I add minor leagues in 1920 with a new file. I also start to introduce other ethnicities like Hawaiian and more Central American ethnicities.

Jewish names are now id = 29 (getting rid of Azerbjahn)
Hawaiian names are now id = 30 (swapping out Polynesian)

names.xml
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1diV...ew?usp=sharing

world_default.xml
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dm0...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by RyMACtizzle; 05-12-2022 at 09:56 AM.
RyMACtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:16 PM   #2
nebben
Minors (Double A)

For some reason I'm getting Jim Unknown as the only name when using this name file.

I'm trying to start a custom game in 1901 and want to use historically accurate names, ethnicity, and player hometowns. Unfortunately, all the name mods I have don't work with 23.
nebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:41 AM   #3
RyMACtizzle
Minors (Double A)

Hmm. I'm not sure what is going on there. It seems to be working for me. I'll try and see if I can figure out why you might be having that issue. Maybe it's a file save error.
Here is one possible solution: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=287289

Last edited by RyMACtizzle; 05-16-2022 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:55 PM   #4
nebben
Minors (Double A)

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I was definitely doing something wrong because now it works. Thanks so much for doing this!
nebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 06:10 PM   #5
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

great job on this
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:41 PM   #6
RyMACtizzle
Minors (Double A)

I had an issue with the last name Jennings popping up for nearly all UK players. I found an error in my names.xml file. There is one instance of Jennings with the lid="18" that was set to lid="20", which in my world is UK setting. If you do a quick find, you can easily fix it if you are having that problem.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #7
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMACtizzle View Post
I had an issue with the last name Jennings popping up for nearly all UK players. I found an error in my names.xml file. There is one instance of Jennings with the lid="18" that was set to lid="20", which in my world is UK setting. If you do a quick find, you can easily fix it if you are having that problem.
same problem. can you explain further how to fix?
Old 03-26-2023, 12:21 PM   #8
RyMACtizzle
Minors (Double A)

Open the names.xml file

this is in the database folder of OOTP23 (haven't got 24 yet). do a search for jennings and you should be able to find this anomaly. Or I did update the names.xml file link above. You will have to re-import the names database in your save for any changes to take place. I manually changed most of the jennings using the random name generate or the edit page for each player.

Last edited by RyMACtizzle; 03-26-2023 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #9
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMACtizzle View Post
this is in the database folder of OOTP23 (haven't got 24 yet). do a search for jennings and you should be able to find this anomaly. Or I did update the names.xml file link above. You will have to re-import the names database in your save for any changes to take place. I manually changed most of the jennings using the random name generate or the edit page for each player.
thx