Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Just opened 13 packs..

..logged on to see I had a perfect game thrown.

Golds and above:

Charlie Morton (d)
Ronald Acuna Jr
Tim Anderson - Hitter of the month
Corey Seager
Jon Duplantier - future legend
Max Muncy
Jordan Hicks
Charlie Blackmon
Jameson Taillon

deff one of my better openings

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #2
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Just going on face value, you can wash rinse and repeat if you don't like that haul.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #3
RamMan12
Major Leagues

This is why I like opening packs. Yeah, the odds are not in your favor, but when you open 5+ at a time, you tend to get at least one or two players that can help your team either by playing or being auctioned.

Congrats on your pulls!

RamMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Kept acuna.
Morton was a dup, sold him and muncy. Sold pretty much all of them except the future star and hitter of the month. Rest were all dups I think.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

Huh, I recently opened 13 packs and got nothing but garbage. Seriously!

To get the 13 packs I did alright though. I sold Soria that I had gotten from a starting pack, which ended up getting me Rendon, which I sold for 27K IIRC. Then I used half that to upgrade my team and the other on packs. I was planning on openng packs for my other 2 teams too, but after the 13 packs net of nothing, I balked.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:27 PM   #6
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post
This is why I like opening packs. Yeah, the odds are not in your favor, but when you open 5+ at a time, you tend to get at least one or two players that can help your team either by playing or being auctioned.

Congrats on your pulls!
If you keep at it odds are good you'll get something valuable. I got Eppa Rixley and 100 Boggs in the same 36 pack rip. That's over 400k after the tax. Made up for the ~500k I've spent in packs.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
acclaim99
Major Leagues

When I log in, I usually have a few k waiting for me to spend, so add that to the perfect game, gave me enough for the 13 packs.

I also have a butt load of cards I could see if I wanted too.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:01 PM   #8
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post

Congrats on your pulls!

lol, at 5+ packs. This person literally got better cards in a single pack than the last 100 packs combined I have got.

And no, if you keep at it the odds aren't good you'll get something valuable. Over hundreds and hundreds of packs I have never got a perfect and never anything even close to resembling a valuable historic diamond. Some people have great luck and just assume everybody gets huge scores if they just keep at it. The odds are actually awful that a random person will get something valuable.
steamrollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #9
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
lol, at 5+ packs. This person literally got better cards in a single pack than the last 100 packs combined I have got.

And no, if you keep at it the odds aren't good you'll get something valuable. Over hundreds and hundreds of packs I have never got a perfect and never anything even close to resembling a valuable historic diamond. Some people have great luck and just assume everybody gets huge scores if they just keep at it. The odds are actually awful that a random person will get something valuable.
How ridiculous! Of course things people open in packs are valuable. In fact, I suggest every single player to blow all their PP on packs right now. And if you open any historicals, put it up on the AH for a reasonable price. I just need a few more cards for a few sets...

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #10
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post

Over "hundreds and hundreds" of packs, odds are you should get a historical perfect and several historical diamonds (at least). You've had bad luck. Over a large amount of packs 300+, you should get something good. Obviously it's better to buy from the AH, but it's more fun to get that player from a pack.