Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #5241
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth_Mayhem View Post
I personally love having my 98 Ted at DH.
Just looked. Your Ted is a beast. I'll test drive mine and see what he can do.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:32 AM   #5242
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Ewa Beach is trying their best to get back into Perfect. Either way, we will be back in OL next season. We will remember to update our friends list.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:50 AM   #5243
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Reassertive Rangers Ready to Wrap Up OL S317

Kansas cruised to a 7-1 record and have all but clinched the crown in their first foray into OL silver. Of the four teams left with faint hopes, Frankenthal and Northeast Corridor will each be eliminated by a single Rangers' win or their own lone loss. Tacoma and Terra Incognita each play 13 games in the final sim, and both face daunting tasks. If Kansas splits its remaining six games, the Aroma would need to go 12-1, and the Rustlers, 11-2, to steal the crown.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:27 AM   #5244
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Waffletown maintains a tenuous grip on the OL lead heading into the final month.

overall, 5 of 6 division leaders and 3 of 4 wild card spots are held by OL teams
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #5245
Edster007
All Star Starter

I was called away last minute this past Wednesday morning and do not have my MacBook with me. I am not likely going to be able to log into the game before Tuesday next week and it may be later.

Someone will need to grab the gold OL results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #5246
dishnet34
All Star Starter

My apologies for not checking in the past several weeks with my Gamblers team and going radio silent. I'm going to be bowing out of the OL League. I know I should've said that earlier, but I'd like to be a part of the concept again for the next game if it happens!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #5247
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

The Gauchos have reaffirmed once again that trips back to Diamond are a really good place to rebuild. 89 Greg Maddux, formerly the staff ace as of the beginning of last season, is one LIVE Tanner Roark (Eddie Plank set) away from being demoted down to long relief. After picking up a nice deal on 98 Piazza and with ~40k set aside for a middle infield upgrade, I think the Gauchos are prepared to end their stretch of mediocrity as evidenced by their success in Diamond this season. Completing sets is nice and all, but sometimes you gotta invest in the team.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #5248
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
The Gauchos have reaffirmed once again that trips back to Diamond are a really good place to rebuild. 89 Greg Maddux, formerly the staff ace as of the beginning of last season, is one LIVE Tanner Roark (Eddie Plank set) away from being demoted down to long relief. After picking up a nice deal on 98 Piazza and with ~40k set aside for a middle infield upgrade, I think the Gauchos are prepared to end their stretch of mediocrity as evidenced by their success in Diamond this season. Completing sets is nice and all, but sometimes you gotta invest in the team.

ain't that the truth.... and it doesn't even take a rebuild to get a little team confidence back.... Waffletown last season in Perfect level: 66-96; top starter Smoky Joe Wood went 12-20 with a 5.87 era.... so far this season in Diamond: 93-56; Wood currently 17-4 with a 3.49 era....

same team... same lineups... that jump to the top tier is a wide chasm indeed
Old 09-28-2019, 09:00 PM   #5249
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Corinth Cougars will be leaving OL after this season. Their manager, Scyllus, will be answering the call of the wild.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:12 PM   #5250
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
OL teams should not be using live cards. But if you’re speaking of FTP teams in Perfect, they may use any cards they wish since they are not league members. The Perfect league is a mix of OL and FTP teams that share a similar mindset. Think of the FTP teams as “friends of OL.”
I am in the B228 and was just eliminated from the play offs. The three teams ahead of me have 2019 players. I guess I don't understand how this is suppose to work.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #5251
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I am in the B228 and was just eliminated from the play offs. The three teams ahead of me have 2019 players. I guess I don't understand how this is suppose to work.
Not every team in every league in which OL participates are playing by our rules. If the team doesn't have the "-OL" designation on their name, they do not belong to our league and therefore can have whatever players they want. Only teams with "OL" abide by our stated rules.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #5252
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My teams will be dropping out of OL next year -- Argonaut and Argonaut27. Feel like the tires are spinning and we're not going anywhere. Gonna try my luck in the random leagues for a while. May be back in the future, we'll see.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:44 AM   #5253
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The point here is not to get all the non-OL teams out of one league (there aren't enough OL teams to do this), it's to get all the OL teams into the same league. There will still be non-OL teams mixed in.

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:33 AM   #5254
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kansas Coasts to Crown in OL S317

Although the Tacoma Aroma made a mighty run, going 10-3 in the final sim, it wasn't enough to overcome the Rangers' big lead, giving Kansas its first OL crown in its silver debut.

At this point, there is only one sure promotion to gold. None were relegated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-29-2019, 06:34 AM   #5255
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rangers Corral Crown

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #5256
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I will be out most of the day, but will try to drop a playoff update for silver at some point. I have a feeling some OL stats might end up being missed this season, for the first time. Remember, you can always e-mail screen shots of OL team vs team reports from the PT reports log to kidheckett@gmail.com.

Good luck to all today.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #5257
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Not every team in every league in which OL participates are playing by our rules. If the team doesn't have the "-OL" designation on their name, they do not belong to our league and therefore can have whatever players they want. Only teams with "OL" abide by our stated rules.
I joined the OL league and there is no -OL after my team name. There is only one team in the B228 with-OL after their name. Something is wrong here.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #5258
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Anyone interested in playing Perfect Team 20 our way?

We are a group of PT fans who enjoy playing the same way.

We play for free.

The ONLY PP we use is the PP that is earned from achievements in our games and from selling off any baseball cards that we don't want; we don't buy additional PP to use.

We choose to play and NOT use any baseball cards that are of players from the 2019 Live , 2019 All-Star, Future Legend, or 2019 POTM (Player of the Month) cards sets.

That means we only use players that can be found on the following cards:

One-Hit Wonder
Rookie Sensation
All-Time Legend
Historical All-Star
Record-Breaker
Unsung Heroes
Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Eligible Card Sets: One Hit Wonder, Legend, Record Breaker, Negro League Stars, All Star (Non 2019), Special Edition, Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Not Eligible Card Sets for OL Play: MLB 2019, MLB 2019 All-Stars, & MLB 2019 POTM

If you are interested in playing the way we play, and you agree to not buy any additional PP, and only use players from the card sets listed above, let us know as we'd like for you to join our "Group of Friends".

Also, even if you only play era specific players, you are more than welcome to join up.

For example, if you enjoy playing with all pre 1980 players, or all pre WWII players, then you will easily fit into our "Group of Friends".

Just let us know.

Thanks in Advance,

Bottom of the Sixth

Always current "Our Friends" Roster:

Our Friends Roster
I joined this league a few weeks ago it doesn't appear that I am in it. There is no -OL after my team name. There is only one team in the B228 with-OL after their name. Something is wrong here. This problem explains why I never reach the playoffs. How do I fix this?
Old 09-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #5259
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I joined this league a few weeks ago it doesn't appear that I am in it. There is no -OL after my team name. There is only one team in the B228 with-OL after their name. Something is wrong here. This problem explains why I never reach the playoffs. How do I fix this?

Unfortunately, you are caught in a numbers game. There are only six OL teams left in the bronze level, and only four of them are in B228. Of those four, it seems that Gotham and Wheatland are on "auto-pilot," and their owners are not actively managing their teams. There are not many teams joining OL in recent weeks, so it can be difficult to find OL teams below sivler level, which itself has only 11 teams this season.

If you have a reserve roster with "live" cards on it, you may want to make your team as strong as you can by using the best players you have to advance to the silver level. Then, you could deactivate the live players to meet the rules of OL, and actually be in a league with active OL teams. Some players who have joined OL have also waited until their teams got to even higher levels.

Sorry I can't offer a quicker solution to your problem, but I hope this helps. By the way, the - Ol and the + are not required, just strongly suggested. In the next version, it will more than likely be required.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-29-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #5260
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Waffletown holds on by a slim margin to secure their first OL league title in 10 years.

overall - Waffletown lands home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with their league best 100-62 record (of course, quite often that's not a good thing ), Minneapolis and Roncalli will face off in the ALDS, and Janesville will face Annandale in the AC wild card game; making the AC an all-OL affair. In the NC, Hampton Roads will face the Boogie Knights in the NLDS. Ozark is the other remaining OL team still standing and will play in the wild card game; so there is a guaranteed 3 teams achieving promotion, with the possibility of four.

CliffMarkle will be relegated to Gold next season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image