Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #21
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Easy..... add a "price check" button somewhere so we can find out what a card would sell for without pretending we want to sell it. Put it in the manage roster screen. Then you don't need the quicksell button on the auction popup at all.

Problem solved!
It would be nice if we could look up this information on a card without actually owning it or viewing it in the auction house

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #22
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
It would be nice if we could look up this information on a card without actually owning it or viewing it in the auction house
I suggested adding a price check feature under "actions" on an opponent's card. Of course, the doesn't help if you want to know the price on a card no one in your league has.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:11 AM   #23
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I just quicksold a card I intended to auction. Sure it's my own fault, but if there is data in the starting bid (other than the default amount) and/or an amount in the buy now box, shouldn't the quicksell box be disabled? The quicksell is just too prominently placed.
You made a mistake.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:14 AM   #24
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
clearly you've never tried to go thru a list of hundreds of cards before
You know there's a batch quick sale function on the manage screen, right? If you're trying to quick sell hundreds of cards at a time, maybe you should do it that way instead of one at a time...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #25
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
You know there's a batch quick sale function on the manage screen, right? If you're trying to quick sell hundreds of cards at a time, maybe you should do it that way instead of one at a time...
The available filters are, however, wholly insufficient for doing this with any degree of efficiency and confidence.

Perhaps in PT 2X, we could get different "bins" to store cards in rather than the inactive list that contains about 1,000 cards on my main team. And make those customizable so I can fine-grain cards into stuff that is f.e. only for collections, stuff that might be for theme team X, as well as a separate bin where cards that did not sell on auction get dropped into. The inactive list as it is now is a nightmare.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #26
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The inactive list as it is now is a nightmare.
I won't disagree with that.

However, if the goal is to sell "hundreds" of cards at once, as the post implied, then fine-grain sorting probably isn't what the poster is after. I took it to mean "I just opened 50 packs, I've got a ton of Live iron cards here, let's clean this mess out"

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #27
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
I won't disagree with that.

However, if the goal is to sell "hundreds" of cards at once, as the post implied, then fine-grain sorting probably isn't what the poster is after.
Well, it would be a start, and would help with a bunch of problems. Like that other guy that was around recently that sold so and so many cards that were for a specific collection without realizing. If those were separated in a different folder / bin / list / what-the-heck-do-I-know, then it gets harder to be confused, and easier to quicksell cards from other folders.

I am nowhere near having all the cards (or even all the, say, bronze cards) in the game, and even now I hesitate to sell anything that is not a duplicate because cross-checking with the missions list is a real pain in the bum.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #28
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Kudos to anyone who manages to manage their over-buying of packs, ha.

It's definitely a tedious task, so if you get it done, you deserve the virtual income. I like that part of it. Some real work for a virtual GM.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:49 AM   #29
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Please do something about this, coming in from a long day and accidentally quicksold a 25k diamond card with no pop-up/prompt. The button is totally not needed when entering a starting bid and BIN, this is clearly costing people PP when it's not even necessary on that screen.

Please either remove it, or move it somewhere besides the middle of the screen; but if it's going to stay there, at least add a prompt when quickselling diamond or higher cards. The location of the 'Quick-Sell NOW for XXX PP' button is hurting more than it's helping and almost nobody likes it there.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #30
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Please do something about this, coming in from a long day and accidentally quicksold a 25k diamond card with no pop-up/prompt. The button is totally not needed when entering a starting bid and BIN, this is clearly costing people PP when it's not even necessary on that screen.

Please either remove it, or move it somewhere besides the middle of the screen; but if it's going to stay there, at least add a prompt when quickselling diamond or higher cards. The location of the 'Quick-Sell NOW for XXX PP' button is hurting more than it's helping and almost nobody likes it there.

I agree 100%...have lost about 50 K in auction value on 2 cards i accidentally sold. the placement of the button needs to change---and more helpful would be a pop up confirming you want to sell on any diamond or perfect.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #31
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We will be adding a popup confirmation on anything Gold+, or if you have entered anything other than the default values. That should help prevent future accidents while still keeping it nice and convenient to quick sell from the screen the rest of the time.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #32
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
or if you have entered anything other than the default values.
Thanks Matt, this item alone should clean it up pretty well.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote