Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:13 AM   #1
as5680
All Star Starter

Retired College Players

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, whether I am missing a setting or whether this is working as intended.

I have two college leagues in my fictional game, with an age range of 18-22. There is no draft for my main leagues, so when players reach 23 they get released, become free agents and some are picked up by clubs in my various professional leagues.

The problem is with those who aren't signed - eventually they retire, some right away and some after a year or two. These players are being deleted and their IDs reused, even though I have not selected the option to delete players who didn't reach the majors. There is a tournament for college players in my game too, and anyone who has appeared in that doesn't seem to be deleted, only players whose entire history is in the college leagues.

It's not a major problem, but I do a yearly database dump and some players have been lost before I had their final year's stats in a CSV file. I still have the box scores and game logs from every game so I could piece their history back together if I really wanted to!

The biggest problem is the effect on league history - one such player had the only no-hitter in either college league so far and he has been deleted, with his no-hitter no longer showing in the league history. I still have that in the previous year's almanac but I wouldn't have if the game had been in the same year that he was deleted.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Perhaps players wouldn't be deleted if you designated the leagues as "independent", with the same age settings, instead of "college".
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
as5680
All Star Starter

Tested that out - they still get deleted. It seems like players who never reached the majors are being deleted even though that option is not selected.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'm curious though, is it actually players who never made the majors (meaning minor leagues who fail to reach the majors also) who are getting deleted, or just players from feeders leagues who never reached any level of professional baseball?

I will freely admit that I don't know how this is supposed to work, but if it is only feeder league players who never turned pro then is it possible this is actually working as is intended, just not as you would like it to?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
as5680
All Star Starter

I've been testing it this evening and it seems to be any player who has never played a major league game - or possibly never been on a major league roster.

I have no minor leagues and use a reserve roster in my game and players who were on a reserve roster but never made the active roster also seem to be getting deleted.

As for whether that is how it is intended to work, even without the option to delete selected, I don't know.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Ah, I see.
Hopefully someone with more experience using reserve rosters instead of minor leagues can explain how this should work.

I use minor league systems for my fictional league and after career minor leaguers retire (having never played at the major league level) they are still accessible (I also have not selected the delete players who didn't reach majors option.) But honestly, I've never tried to access college players who never joined a pro organization after their collegiate careers were over, so I have no idea if they are being deleted or not.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote