Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Average/Best achievements per day/per week

So out of the 19 weeks that Perfect Team 20 has been going on, I have been tracking daily/weekly achievements for each of my three teams.

Some statistics:

Average points per week per team: 9269 (the three teams have an average of 9536,9489, and 8782 points per week respectively)

Best week for any team: 22020 points
Worst week for any team: 3310 points.

Daily average: 1327 points (difference between this and day*7 is that first "week" for two of my teams was the three days in entry pool at very beginning).

Best day for any team: 8955 (Second-best: 8240). 8400 of the 8955 total prestige points on that day was from a single game.

Worst day for any team: multiple 0s (in each case, it was Sundays)

Last edited by allenciox; 08-06-2019 at 10:42 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

nice... got a tracking sheet myself for all sorts of breakdowns/etc...

below is the by-tier chart (first column is number of years at that level)... bronze level includes 10K points won from twipt and 15K sale of a diamond card (so minus that the per year average would be about 7063)... diamond includes 50K in card sales (so minus that the per year average would be about 10250)... just made perfect level this season, so that's just a single day of earnings....

worst day: Tuesday April 9 - 190 points (not including the 0 point Sundays where I didn't make the playoffs)

best day: Sunday May 26 - 6995 points (WS victory year)
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 08-06-2019 at 10:25 AM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Your results averaged per week

So I calculated your per-week average, Stl Jason, and it comes out to 9,260 (not counting your one day in perfect) --- remarkably close to my average.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #4
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Numbers will vary wildly depending on whether a team is FTP or not. I haven't tracked my FTP teams, but here's some numbers from my PTW team.

Not including the entry pool:

Worst week overall was 1st week in perfect, 4290PP.
Best week overall was in silver with 23445PP
Best week in perfect was last week with 22385PP.
I shelled out $100 the initial week but started a week late, so the Entry Pool PP is pretty wrecked.

Back out the entry pool points, and the daily avg is 2222PP, weekly avg is 15555PP.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My weekly average, including entry pool, is 15.624. My best week is 35,513. I don't have totals by day or tier, and I don't know my worst week.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

If only this was easy to see in the transaction history...

I think my best is pushing 60K in the seasons I go all out for promotion. The other seasons where I focus on the market and general farming are around 20K I would estimate.

Last edited by dkgo; 08-06-2019 at 11:16 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Here's the records for the two teams I've tracked since the teams were formed. Both teams are F2P. The Venusville Diamond value is off a bit but that was the season I was frantically getting Phillies so I could obtain Dykstra. The level is indicated. Average for Motown is 11205 and for Venusville it's 9997. I am 100% sure the longer you're in Perfect the lower your average will go, and that's probably why they are different.

@dkgo: I've never gotten more than 20k, so I would love to hear your strategy for earning 20 to 60k PP in a season.

This season Motown has 1410 and Venusville has 1580 through day 1.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 08-06-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I have not been tracking my earnings, but I really ought to. On my primary team, I am trying to assemble a Perfect capable lineup with inferior pitching (or as I like to describe it, a Rangers theme staff). My hope is that this keeps my team from being promoted, allowing the offense to accrue a lot more points than they could otherwise gain at the highest levels.

So far its been working out nicely, as I appear to be just above a .500 team (plus or minus with variances) in Silver, and the MVPs in my leagues in each of the last 4 seasons have all come from my team (Cesar Cedeno twice, Craig Biggio and Arky Vaughan each once)

(Edited in the clarification of when those MVPs were won)

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 08-06-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #9
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I hope to see your team in silver sometime. Opposite conferences of course to not step over each other in silver sluggers and all stars.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #10
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Looks like the average is about 9k per week for ftp. How do you guys spend that 9k?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Looks like the average is about 9k per week for ftp. How do you guys spend that 9k?
It varies, but most consistently either I save it for a significant upgrade (whatever that looks like, but for me so far this has been as low as 15k and as high as 50k) or I use it to complete collections (including both current missions and some themes I expect to become missions in the near future). I also do a little bit of market speculation but not enough to be a significant source of either my income or expenditures.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
It varies, but most consistently either I save it for a significant upgrade (whatever that looks like, but for me so far this has been as low as 15k and as high as 50k) or I use it to complete collections (including both current missions and some themes I expect to become missions in the near future). I also do a little bit of market speculation but not enough to be a significant source of either my income or expenditures.

similar here... save multiple seasons for an upgrade (highest bought from the AH so far was 22K), or target missions that reward players that fit the theme of the team and can be obtained for less than buying that reward card outright from the AH.... since my team is not only historic cards, but pre-ww2, there's not much sense in spending points on packs (especially since my Live-to-historic return on packs obtained from CM is dismal... currently at 83.7% live cards for all the packs I've opened)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #13
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
similar here... save multiple seasons for an upgrade (highest bought from the AH so far was 22K), or target missions that reward players that fit the theme of the team and can be obtained for less than buying that reward card outright from the AH.... since my team is not only historic cards, but pre-ww2, there's not much sense in spending points on packs (especially since my Live-to-historic return on packs obtained from CM is dismal... currently at 83.7% live cards for all the packs I've opened)
Same for me, will save multiple seasons for an upgrade. Had a good 2 or 3 pulls when my OL team was a pack team before, like Newhouser, 97 Shoeless Joe, and a couple of other minor historical diamonds I didn't care for. Sold those and all live cards to get a OL team started a few seasons ago, but now it takes 2-3 seasons to save up enough PP to produce an upgrade. Most I've spent on one card was 30k for McCarver, maybe one other card at 20k, all others less than 15k.

Last edited by pappyzan; 08-06-2019 at 03:43 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #14
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I only have an average value for one team. The Accountants have piled up 101k PP through play since May 28. They did play a full week in the entry pool, so assuming that you play about 70-75% more games in a full week there than in a normal season, I have adjusted them down to roughly 9,400 PP per week. Which is surprisingly high for a team that never has great success…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #15
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So, early on, as an FTP player, I would purchase several players every week, starting with a primarily silver roster, with a few bronzes and golds, and then moving up to mostly golds with a few diamonds, and a few silvers. However, now I generally upgrade one player on each of my three teams every three weeks, so I will rotate one team each week for the upgrades (that cost 30k-40k) while the other teams stay fixed.

The past few weeks, however, have been different, as I have discovered a few collections that are positive EV (Expected Value, i.e. the collection is cheaper to complete than the cost of the cards that make them up) and have been completing the collections for each team, which is a lot of work. The first collection that I have completed for all the teams is the Live Detroit Tigers collection (Heilmann is an awesome DH), but I won't mention the other collections until I have completed them for all teams ;-)

Old 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #16
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Most all my teams are F2P and that's my perspective.

Upgrades have varied by team, to be sure:

My recent upgrade strategy for Annandale has been to identify specific cards I want and then just wait until they show up. For instance, for Annandale I wanted to upgrade 2B to the 95 OVR Stanky and SS to 91 OVR Rizzuto. I have lists of players I'm looking for at other positions too, vaguely ranked by priority. There's also a couple of collections I'm thinking about.

Looks like Motown purchased one big upgrade a year - Drysdale, Soto, Steve Rogers - about 15k each. I completed an easy collection where I had the most expensive card and only needed 2 more cheaper cards to finish up. I am now considering whether or not I want to pursue a couple of collections.

Venusville has been earning so few PP the last few years that they've only been able to get an upgrade every 2nd or so year. Prior to that I sunk a lot of PP into the Live Phillies collection so I could get Dykstra.

I have found it pretty tough to find collections with +EV. Seems like people have decided to put an astronomical price on those last two or three cards you need for many collections. Or when the reward is awesome (like the 98 OVR Vida Blue card) the EV might be positive but I don't see ever having the 100k PP to put into completing the collection. Live collections are almost never worth it to me, especially if the team has any perfects on it, because the cost of getting that card alone is pretty prohibitive.

The problem with all my teams is that upgrades are starting to cost upwards of 20k (and realistically more like 30k+) which means saving for multiple seasons to get an upgrade. So I do a lot of scheming and planning and very little buying!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #17
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I've found waiting for specific cards as the worst way to do it as f2p. I am always looking for the best deal at any time and then will flip the player for more if I don't have a spot for him.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #18
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've seen posts where guys claimed to be getting 15k per season and complaining that they weren't getting that amount when they got to Perfect. I always wondered what I was doing wrong that I didn't average as much as they did. But this 9K sounds much more like what I've experienced.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #19
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, when it comes to PPs or with pack luck, people do like with gambling trips. They tell you about their big gains, but they stay quiet when things go poorly. So everybody thinks, "why is everybody else getting this great luck, when I am not?"

Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 AM   #20
Goliathus
Major Leagues

After looking at all of these, I can conclude that I suck at earning PP and winning(so, suck at PT and essentially, the game). Not like I have proper numbers but I think my average is around 6-7k per week.