Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 AM   #1
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

FINALLY! My first managed NO-HITTER!

Alex Wood was perfect thru 7.1. He walked a batter on a 3-1 count (UUUUUUUGH). This is my first time managing a no-hitter since I started doing game management during the regular season beginning on OOTP17.
Attached Images
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Agree on the managed part. I used to sim games a lot rather than playing them out and the couple of times that my pitchers threw a no-hitter were okay, I guess. Not overly exciting.

In the last year or so, however, I learned the proper way to play OOTPB which is to slow down and play out your games. (Of course, one-pitch mode and play to RISP speed things up while still being in full managerial control, thank goodness.)

So, when my pitcher took a perfect game into the 8th inning of the 8th and deciding game of the World Series (the 1903 World Series was best of 9 games), I was on the edge of my seat. My mouse trembled before clicking each play!

Sure I was crushed when the perfect game was spoiled with an error in the eighth and the no-hitter went with a single in the ninth. I had to settle for a 1-hit shutout that won us the World Series.

So yes, I will continue to look forward to my first managed no-hitter. Thanks for sharing yours.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Agree on the managed part. I used to sim games a lot rather than playing them out and the couple of times that my pitchers threw a no-hitter were okay, I guess. Not overly exciting.

In the last year or so, however, I learned the proper way to play OOTPB which is to slow down and play out your games. (Of course, one-pitch mode and play to RISP speed things up while still being in full managerial control, thank goodness.)

So, when my pitcher took a perfect game into the 8th inning of the 8th and deciding game of the World Series (the 1903 World Series was best of 9 games), I was on the edge of my seat. My mouse trembled before clicking each play!

Sure I was crushed when the perfect game was spoiled with an error in the eighth and the no-hitter went with a single in the ninth. I had to settle for a 1-hit shutout that won us the World Series.

So yes, I will continue to look forward to my first managed no-hitter. Thanks for sharing yours.
What's funny about this is Alex Wood in OOTP19 for the Dodgers threw a no-hitter against me at some point in the regular season. I felt like this came full circle.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
What's funny about this is Alex Wood in OOTP19 for the Dodgers threw a no-hitter against me at some point in the regular season. I felt like this came full circle.

Alex Wood has no-hit my Oshawa Oopsies 2X in 3 seasons in my fun regional league. By my math he is due to pitch against us in about 3 weeks, I'll post screenshots when he destroys us again.
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Congrats!
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

I once managed a perfect game but didn’t realize it until I looked at the box score. I was so glad I didn’t bring the closer in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:21 PM   #7
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Congrats.
It's amazing how late in the game you can feel the anaconda around your throat, although all you are doing is pressing a button.
Been playing OOTP and before that Baseball Mogul for probably a decade.
It was probably five seasons in before I got my first no-hitter, can't remember who, but it had to be one of my Cardinals franchises.
I'm about to begin fifth season (2023) with the St. Louis River Walkers, I play out every batter of every game.
I think I have had two no-hitters, both by Kyle Hendricks in 2021 and 2022.

Last edited by rink23; 07-07-2019 at 11:22 PM.
rink23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolony3 View Post
I once managed a perfect game but didn’t realize it until I looked at the box score. I was so glad I didn’t bring the closer in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, and don't take this the wrong way, but this gave me a chuckle. Tapa, tapa, tapatalk, yakking with the buddies while playing OOTPB, eh?

"Hey, the game's over, I didn't realize. Wow, there's all zeros in the box score. Guys, guys, hold on a minute. I gotta see what this is about!"

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

I managed a perfect game through 9 innings and unfortunately scored 0 runs myself. Disappointing and though I won in 11, the starter had to be pulled.
Bears5122 is offline   Reply With Quote