Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Certified pre-owned players

I really hate to buy a player and find that he has played for another team. It makes me wonder why the previous owner sold him. It's even worse when the previous stats are bad. Of course, the prior owner might have just needed the points, or replaced him with a better player, or changed his theme, or any number of harmless reasons for selling. But I always assume the worst - that the previous owner dumped him because he is a dud and now my team is doomed and/or I have made a bad investment.

Does this ever bother you? Are you happy to see prior experience or do you not care?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I really hate to buy a player and find that he has played for another team. It makes me wonder why the previous owner sold him. It's even worse when the previous stats are bad. Of course, the prior owner might have just needed the points, or replaced him with a better player, or changed his theme, or any number of harmless reasons for selling. But I always assume the worst - that the previous owner dumped him because he is a dud and now my team is doomed and/or I have made a bad investment.

Does this ever bother you? Are you happy to see prior experience or do you not care?
This is actually one of the primary (and completely unexpected) reasons why I have been enjoying pack only teams.

It isn't a big deal at all, but it still pleases me nonetheless.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Hey Orcin, it doesn't bother me at all. I always assume the previous owner either purchased an upgrade or decided to go to a different focus.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

It would be cool if we could somehow track players that used to be on our teams. I always wondered how those guys ended up panning out.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I kinda like to see the previous stats.... see if they perform better in my lineup vs their old team... come up with some story-lines to explain their better/worse play....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:24 PM   #6
atabakin
All Star Reserve

I'm happy to see prior experience if that experience involved learning a new position. I recently bought a Peak A-Rod with the intention of training him up at 2B. Turns out he came fully trained at both 2B and 3B. Was definitely pleased about that.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
Thalion
Major Leagues

It doesn't matter one way or another to me.

All I care about are the individual card ratings and how I'm going to integrate them into my team philosophy.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yes. When I bought Anson in PT19 I realized I bought him from you while we were in the same league. Luckily his stats were better on my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #9
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The only thing that bugs me about used cards are the poor way the stats are displayed when a card is used by 2 teams in the same season. The stats are not in chronological order. In this example, for 2023 CHI should be first, then HAWK on the bottom, so that the HAWK stats would be contiguous and not split.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #10
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I think it's kinda cool to see the previous years from other organizations!
Old 05-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #11
old timer
Hall Of Famer

If a player was put on the AH and if I could see he had more training than an unused version, then I'd definitely want to buy him instead. I don't understand why it would matter how he fared for another team? It's not like identical cards (other than defensive ratings) are going to differ in how they perform.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #12
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:

How can he be a dud? Just because he has numbers with a previous team means nothing... a 100 Babe Ruth that's hitting .180 with team B will hit the same for your team than one that's hitting .400 with a previous team....

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #13
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

It messes with my OCD a bit and I am always glad to have bought a "clean" card. Beyond that, the stats don't bother me because I have no context. The stats might be worse because it's a bad card or because the previous owner's strategy/ballpark settings were way different. On the other hand, sometimes you get a nice little bonus that someone has been trained at other positions. I'm sure whoever bought my diamond Eddie Stanky card appreciates that. lol

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #14
bailey
Hall Of Famer

One thing they don't do, but I think would be cool, would be history of the financial transactions for the player. For example

Signed as free agent to ABC on 5-1-2026 (popped from a pack)
Sold to DEF for 5000 PP on 5-2-2026
Sold to GHIJ for 6000 PP on 5-3-2026
Sold to Orcin for 8500 PP on 5-4-2026

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #15
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

I once sold a card and then a few days later I changed my mind and bought it again when I saw it for a cheap price.

It was the same card with the stats of when it previously played on my team. I was somewhat amused. The new owner saw how it under performed for me and sold him for cheaper without even playing him.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #16
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I like history, so more stats is always great for me.

But if you don't want the stat, just disable it and then reactivate it to clear the stat.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:21 PM   #17
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I like history, so more stats is always great for me.

But if you don't want the stat, just disable it and then reactivate it to clear the stat.
The stats (and the training) return upon reactivation.

To better clarify my thoughts on the matter, I have an opinion very similar to waittilnextyear. I don't care what any of the stats actually tell me about past performance. I simply prefer to have the stats only reflect my own personal experiences with the card.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #18
neugey
All Star Reserve

If only these things came with VIN numbers so you could check the Carfax report!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #19
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
How can he be a dud? Just because he has numbers with a previous team means nothing... a 100 Babe Ruth that's hitting .180 with team B will hit the same for your team than one that's hitting .400 with a previous team....
Some players are better than others. In 19, I paid a lot for the diamond Williams early on and it was a mistake. The card was awful in Perfect leagues because he is a LH pull hitter and every good team was using shifts. That's what I mean - not that one individual card is a dud but that I have made a mistake evaluating the player and his fit on my team.

I really fall in the same boat as waittilnextyear and it just messes with my OCD.

Interesting to see all of the different views on this, isn't it.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:32 AM   #20
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Can't explain why really...but it messes with me too. I am bummed out when a card has previous stats on it. (Must be the OCD thing)

Somehow the card feels used/tainted. I only want to see how the card has performed for my team...can always check the league player search function if I want to know how a card generally performs.

It's a pet peeve of mine. I think my eye twitches every time I see another teams stats on 'my' card.

OOTP20
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote