Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-11-2019, 03:00 AM   #41
joehart
All Star Starter

I know Zorro will appreciate this.... it is nice to see when you can use slightly lower players (not the usual end game cards) and get them to do well in their roles.

For the last few seasons, I decided to use a combination of Griffey92 and Rookie Trout97 in Center Field.

Griffey plays most of the games since he hits Right Handed Pitchers very well (.388 OBP) and Trout comes in as a defensive replacement (91 in CF vs 71 for Griffey) and plays against Left Handed Pitchers (.375 OBP).

Unfortunately in PT20, the 1991 Griffey card was moved from 92 to 89 and his ratings against RHPs moved all down by ~2 points.

He would be fun to try in a Orcin-type points league as a 1 point card.
His defense in LF is ~93. A great platoon with the gold Clemente card that is all about hitting LHPs.
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #42
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

It's also funny to see how the same card can perform differently in different roles on different teams. Having three teams in the same perfect league for quite a few seasons now I'm seeing huge swings in performance between cards I have in common on them. For example, I have a Clemente 89 that is knocking the cover off the ball on my Red team batting 4th/5th and being counted on playing every day, but in a very much reduced role on my Blue team getting spot starts and batting way down the order, he never seems to do too well. I have an Ellsbury on two teams, a Sisler on two teams, Pudge Rodriguez on all 3, Betts on all 3, Smoltz on 2, and so on. WIth my Blue team being more whale-ish than the other two that have traditionally struggled to stay above the cut line, it's interesting to compare.

Seems when guys are put in higher-pressure roles and get more start time they often respond well to it.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #43
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
End of June standings:

AC West:
After going 9-1 the Base Thieves are the new division leaders.
Central Falcons slowed down to a 5-5 in the L10 games.
Gryphons Red and Blue are still in the running for a wild card spot. Keep it up!!!

AC Central:
Meltdowns are in the lead but the Toronto Developers are still close (1.5 games behind). Hillsboro Hops and SD Chargers are a few more games back but they are still close in the wild card race.

AC East:
Killer Rabits are ahead by 4 games.
Defending champion ASMS Dragons are also 4 games back in the wild card race.
They could completely miss the playoffs this year.

NC West:
Oakland Keys have a good 4 point lead over the Magpies.
Magpies are also 4.5 games back in the wild card. Good luck!!!
Titans and Gryphons Gold got pushed back to 7-8 games behind and have a similar challenge in the wild card race.

NC Central:
Rocky Point Zorros lead the league with a 53-28 record.
2nd place Hagerstown Suns will have to push for a wild card spot (currently 3 games behind).

NC East:
Wow....a big change here.
Cincinnati Redlegs are leading the division ahead of
McLean Scots and Barely Legal Jesus. Similar to May, the division has a hold on 3 playoff spots.
Great commentary my friend. As good as the sporting news. I love it.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #44
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is amazing to see how fast PT19 became a ghost town. The forum has little to no traffic anymore.

Even PT20 seems to have slowed down a bit as well.
I hope once PT20 Perfect leagues have been established and start to become boring, a new Orcin league will form itself.
There are a few more card options in the gold/silver categories and with Live updates, some additional point movements could make it interesting.
Orcins League was fun for awhile but I enjoy the challenge of playing against the best teams without limits. I am so happy I did not move over to PT 20. I will finish this out and then next years game 21 I will do the same thing and play it for two years.I find the history of the league and quality so much better with more time under the belt. You also get to know the legend players and their teams as you slip from one league to another. Quite the challenge. As far as a ghost town, I talk (or post) enough for 10 players . Lol. I am still the pain in the Butt poster but now I do not get hammered for it. Quite refreshing.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-11-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #45
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know Zorro will appreciate this.... it is nice to see when you can use slightly lower players (not the usual end game cards) and get them to do well in their roles.

For the last few seasons, I decided to use a combination of Griffey92 and Rookie Trout97 in Center Field.

Griffey plays most of the games since he hits Right Handed Pitchers very well (.388 OBP) and Trout comes in as a defensive replacement (91 in CF vs 71 for Griffey) and plays against Left Handed Pitchers (.375 OBP).

Unfortunately in PT20, the 1991 Griffey card was moved from 92 to 89 and his ratings against RHPs moved all down by ~2 points.

He would be fun to try in a Orcin-type points league as a 1 point card.
His defense in LF is ~93. A great platoon with the gold Clemente card that is all about hitting LHPs.
You have done a great job getting the Base Thieves back in first place my friend. One day we will battle for a Championship. Since we are in different Conferences , How bout this season? Lol. 🤞
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #46
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
It's also funny to see how the same card can perform differently in different roles on different teams. Having three teams in the same perfect league for quite a few seasons now I'm seeing huge swings in performance between cards I have in common on them. For example, I have a Clemente 89 that is knocking the cover off the ball on my Red team batting 4th/5th and being counted on playing every day, but in a very much reduced role on my Blue team getting spot starts and batting way down the order, he never seems to do too well. I have an Ellsbury on two teams, a Sisler on two teams, Pudge Rodriguez on all 3, Betts on all 3, Smoltz on 2, and so on. WIth my Blue team being more whale-ish than the other two that have traditionally struggled to stay above the cut line, it's interesting to compare.

Seems when guys are put in higher-pressure roles and get more start time they often respond well to it.
Thank God somebody else has seen this. I use to get hammered suggesting this by watching my team play and how some underperform under certain conditions and some flourish in same conditions. I would get yelled at about how it is all math and how dumb it was to change anything. I would bench and get rid of players because of that. Then I was told I would miss their hot spells. (While their replacements rocked the league.) I use to think to my self that I did make the playoffs every single year so I must have done something right replacing players in certain situations year after year. I remember the first couple seasons people laughed at me for platooning my players. Thank God I did not listen to them. Now I see those same people platooning their team.Lol. That is the one thing I always liked about JoeHart. We would talk over strategy and even if we did not agree we would listen to each other. Those conversations turned me into a much better player because of it. This game is kind of like golf , You never master it no matter what tools you have to use...
Old 04-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #47
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
You have done a great job getting the Base Thieves back in first place my friend. One day we will battle for a Championship. Since we are in different Conferences , How bout this season? Lol.

Could not agree more. I don’t have your pitching so I need to do more finger crossing to make that happen.
It would be nice to make it happen this season.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #48
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Just to show you how tough the Perfect league is just take a look at the Sharks.. They won the Championship last season in the Diamond league. They came in with a lifetime .626 winning pct. Well in their first season in Perfect they are in 4th place with a 36-48 record. Welcome to the big leagues....

Last edited by Zorro; 04-11-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #49
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

With half the season in the books Cobb of Barely Legal is still flirting with that magic .400 number. He is hitting .392 at the half. Barry Bonds of the Howlers has 23 homes at the half which is on a pace for 46. The record is 48 so these two players could be very interesting to follow the rest of the way. Let’s hope I did not jinx them.😁
Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #50
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I’d be thrilled for a couple of my overpaid bums flirting with THREE hundred let alone .400!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #51
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I’d be thrilled for a couple of my overpaid bums flirting with THREE hundred let alone .400!!
I know right? That is unbelievable. .392. That can’t hold...😨
Old 04-12-2019, 01:17 AM   #52
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
I know right? That is unbelievable. .392. That can’t hold...😨
.369 and falling. It will be interesting to see the final league stats but it is so difficult to break existing Perfect league records.
You have to be extra lucky or end up in a very weak division and league.

The NC East division is crazy to follow.
4 of the top 6 teams in the wild card race are from that division.

Whoever wins will be the lucky Saturday team. It seems there is a new top team every day.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #53
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Pizza and beer day standings
Attached Images
Old 04-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #54
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The NC East division is crazy to follow.
4 of the top 6 teams in the wild card race are from that division.

Whoever wins will be the lucky Saturday team. It seems there is a new top team every day.
Well I was really hoping Barely Eagle would not be one of them. I will admit freely that I do not want to play them in a 7 game series let alone a lousy 5 game series. They have the right combination to take me out so I never enjoy playing that team.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #55
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Pizza and beer day standings

I see the Zorros are way out in front!

Happy Pizza and Beer day! one more pass through the Topps 1960 box later today!
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #56
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The AC West changes every day with The Central Falcons and the Seattle Base Thieves changing position like a weathervane in a wind storm. Should be a exciting 2 days to see who takes that Division. My friend Dunzie has his Gryphons Gold team right in the mix in the NC West only 3 back in the lost column.That Div with no team playing .500 ball as yet will also be very interesting to watch to see who will take control. There are 4 teams very much in that race.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #57
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I see the Zorros are way out in front!

Happy Pizza and Beer day! one more pass through the Topps 1960 box later today!
Good morning my friend. How is St Paul doing? Be sure and let me know what you get tonight in cards. When you drink your first beer toast it to the sky as my wife and I will do for you my friend.😁
Old 04-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #58
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
The AC West changes every day with The Central Falcons and the Seattle Base Thieves changing position like a weathervane in a wind storm. Should be a exciting 2 days to see who takes that Division.

Huge implications for the playoffs.
The winner will not only take the division but also likely host round one against the same division foe in round one.
I can’t win at their max offense stadium and they have lost a few at my stadium.
I will have to hope that I can catch up again.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #59
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also Mr Hart, I love it when you do a league commentary (I know it takes time and you are busy but it is fun to read) so maybe you could do a couple a season.Like a prediction on Monday’s a summery on Wednesday and maybe even a what if on Saturday. If not all any one of those would be wonderful each week. Good luck catching the Falcons my friend.

Last edited by Zorro; 04-12-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #60
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Good morning my friend. How is St Paul doing? Be sure and let me know what you get tonight in cards. When you drink your first beer toast it to the sky as my wife and I will do for you my friend.😁
St Paul is playing .500 ball this year. Haven't been following it as much since my PT 20 team pulled a perfect Clemens!

Probably heading out early afternoon as I'm off today. Will see what I can find and raise a toast.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote