Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

2 way minor leaguers

I have a few ML's rated at P and hitter, but better hitting prospects. If I let them pitch, will it take away from their hitting development? If so, how do I set it up so they do not pitch? It looks to me like they are still on the pitcher list; If i take them out of the rotation, they just end up at the bottom of the bullpen.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I think you can make him a hitter on his player page and then uncheck use as a two-way player on the same page. I think this should only stop this individual from being a two way player.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

thanks.....i don't see that option....use as a 2 way player, to uncheck. I'm mainly wondering, if I let this guy pitch, does it impact his development as a hitter?
Old 08-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am not sure.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

The option to check/uncheck "use as two-way player" is found under "set game strategy". To get there, find the player in your lineup/pitching staff and right click them, click "set game strategy" then the checkbox you are looking for will be on the lower right.

I can only guess, but I feel that if they can play two ways then I will play them two ways. The only time a starting pitcher would be out of the lineup is when he starts so if you feel that you want that extra game every 5 days then go ahead and make him a position player only. Conversely, if you feel that he's best off pitching only either in the rotation or in the bullpen, you can make him just a pitcher.

I'm not certain on the development effects however. My gut would be to play the player as a two-way if they can produce, so long as they aren't fragile.

Hope this helps!
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #6
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Thanks. in my limited experience, it seems my 2 way players are fatigued a lot. I'm not sure how the AI handles that....you should be fatigued from pitching, but not from hitting, for example. That's a good point about whether playing both ways impacts development or not, but if it has a negative impact on stats, and you are using stats to decide on advancement, then I'd say it does.

I wonder if this is one of those cases where we can ask and get an answer without the team letting out some of the secrets!!!
Old 08-27-2018, 04:44 AM   #7
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

It shouldn't hinder either development as long as you untick their two-way player status. That being said, career two way players will never develop into elite talent on either side, or at least shouldn't.
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
It shouldn't hinder either development as long as you untick their two-way player status. That being said, career two way players will never develop into elite talent on either side, or at least shouldn't.
Unless your name is Otani.