Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
tdogg097
Bat Boy

? about Player Position Fatigue

New to the game. I have a question about player position fatigue. I'm playing a season in challenge mode and the fatigue is set automatically. However, none of my players get fatigued even the catchers. I looked at the other teams and none of their players are fatigued either. My guys in the minors get fatigued. Is there a setting I'm missing to have the MLB guys fatigue?
tdogg097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
msupoke
All Star Reserve

It is hard to get fatigued due to the scheduled off days. Most of the time, the team will have at least one day off in a week, and players recuperate on those days.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

catchers should be able to do ~130ish games if you push them on default fatigue settings. i can't quite recall anymore because i use a custom schedule that is 6days on 1 day off.. i think that amounts to an additional 4-6 days off over the year, and it makes a difference. much esier and no position player needs to be rested under this format

mlb schedule is ~8days on 1 day off i think? on average and you will almost assuredly have at least 1 ~20game stretch with no days off.. maybe a few teams each year avoid this nonsense... quite unfair, really.

add in make-up games and a 2-3 long stretches is likely for many teams each year.

at ~18-20 games or higher you may need to rest certain postions... 3b? cf? i forget which gets tired first.. it's no the same per position. maybe even age will influence this? not so sure about that.

one dynamic to consider for a Catcher -- if they drop too low, they won't fully recover from 1 day off... So, they will be able to play fewer days in a row before needing the next day off. proactively avoiding this situation can actually eke out extra GS for a catcher in a long stretch of games.

time the off day to "fit" this schedule.. never allow them to have 2 days off in a row -- catcher or any other position.. it's better to take a day off in the "middle" and use that normal day off to help keep them fresh -- it's a wash in GS, but higher average %rested over thos same number of games = better % for good results.

3b, lf, ss and cf can get fatigued in a long stretch? might take 25-30 games for a 1b to get fatigued??? you can hammer this stuff out with a simple test if you want to.. it will work in a predictable way and you can make the "best" choice no matter what the context with this type of knowledge.

many times, avoiding a forced day off due to extremely high fatigue will actually increase your probability of wins over time. 90% of the time it will only related to Catchers.. but can still happen to other positions too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:38 AM   #4
slugga27
All Star Starter

Not sure if you can change it in challenge mode, but I have fatigue set on high, which is more realistic IMO than default. This year, they also added a “very high” setting if high isn’t getting the results you desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote