Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Heisenberg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A couple of newb questions

I'm new to this game and I really love it and there are obviously some newb questions I gotta ask.

1. Why are managers paid better than general managers? I'm playing in 1950 and I'm paid 8,500$ as the General Manager of Red Sox, while the manager gets 18,000$. I'm getting only a 1,500$ more than one of my coaches!
2. I've won the World Series, got my ratio to nearly 700 but somehow my reputation is still listed as "poor", and I've got absolutely no reward for doing so - I'm not the manager of the year, my team's manager is, I didn't get a significant raise, no press conferences, no press exposure, nothing. Why?
3. Is there an option to be both the GM and manager in terms of personnel? Like earning what they do combined or sth?
4. I'm using 3D stadiums from the Steam Workshop but those are terrible - there is sky in the middle of the wall in case of Fenway Park. Is there any good quality Fenway Park from the 1950 available out there?
5. I can't find the Yankee Stadium 1950s version - is there any available for download?
6. Are there any 1950s or 1990s photo packs out there? So far I've got to search every single player myself and then import his picture and that's quite tedious.
7. Why are there two games in one day every now and then? I thought there were never more than one games a day.

Thanks in advance for any response!

Last edited by Heisenberg; 05-06-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
msupoke
All Star Reserve

1. Not sure, but the less the GM makes, the better it is for the budget.
2. Likely, you need multiple years of success before that will change.
3. Yes. When you started the league, you had a choice of being the GM, the manager, or both.
4. No clue.
5. No clue.
6. No clue.
7. Those are double headers. Usually, the occur to make up rainouts, but in the past, they were played to make up games.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
Heisenberg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. Well, I guess, but your own contract including your salary adds a certain personal element to the game. I'd love it if there was more options available as *you*. I was really disappointed when I just got a new contract after the season, with no negotiations, nothing to say about it.

But what I'm really interested is - is it the rule that General Managers are not paid that well compared to Managers? In my game they get about 50% of manager's pay. I thought that General Managers were the superiors, not the other way around.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I just went through my fictional league; chances were 50-50 that the Manager made more than the General Manager and there did not seem to be a strong correlation to reputation.

As far as IRL, as of several years ago, GM's were considered to be underpaid in comparison to average Managers. Even if that situation has improved a bit since, it probably only has approached parity.

So the game has it right in that GM and Manager are on a similar pay scale despite organization chart boxes. At least that is the way in my league; some GM's make more and some make less than their Managers.

Are all of your GM's making less than their Managers?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-07-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
4. I'm using 3D stadiums from the Steam Workshop but those are terrible - there is sky in the middle of the wall in case of Fenway Park. Is there any good quality Fenway Park from the 1950 available out there?
5. I can't find the Yankee Stadium 1950s version - is there any available for download?
For both of these requests, I recommend this fellow:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=242856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
6. Are there any 1950s or 1990s photo packs out there? So far I've got to search every single player myself and then import his picture and that's quite tedious.
You should take a look at some of the resources offered here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3638

Notice that these recommendations imply using manual methods instead of using what is offered in File/Add-Ons Central. Basically, I think what I linked to are better resources but you need to know how and where to install them.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-07-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Dr. Strangelove
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Are all of your GM's making less than their Managers?
I'll post data from my game (it's 1950s).

Yankees - GM $4,880 ; MGR $18,000
Red Sox - GM $5,500 ; MGR $18,000
Cleveland - GM $4,320 ; MGR $18,000
Detroit Tigers - GM $3,360 ; MGR $18,000
Philadelphia - GM $5,560 ; MGR $6,080
Washington - GM $8,280 ; MGR $18,000
Chicago White Sox - GM $15,180 ; MGR $18,000
St. Louis - GM $3,360 ; MGR $18,000

Brooklyn Dodgers - GM $4,500 ; MGR $18,000
Boston Braves - GM $4,960 ; MGR $18,000
Philadelphia - GM $3,440 ; MGR $18,000
St. Louis - GM $14,760 ; MGR $18,000
NY Giants - GM $4,960 ; MGR $18,000
Chicago Cubs - GM $6,360 ; MGR $18,000
Cincinnati - GM $2,960 ; MGR $18,000
Pittsburgh - GM $6,160 ; MGR $18,000

So yeah, at least in my case every single GM earns less than MGR, and almost every MGR earns exactly $18,000. Also, in most cases differences are pretty big. I don't know if this was a norm in the 1950s, maybe someone can answer that.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote