Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
sprague
All Star Starter

Random debut question

Maybe David is around.
What I was thinking was that in rd during drafts, players come in at 18 or 19 yrs old, no matter their actual age first year. That is still correct.
So. I could play historical, but random debut one year at a time, and get young players.
I.e. Start league in 1871 normal.
Then click on rd for future drafts.
Just make next year 1872-1872
Year after 1873-1873 and so on.

Secondly If that works for the dec 15 draft date, could it work with an earlier date during the year.

Thanks for the answer if anyone has tried this before...I was going to try tonight but thought I would ask the community first.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Maybe David is around.
What I was thinking was that in rd during drafts, players come in at 18 or 19 yrs old, no matter their actual age first year. That is still correct.
So. I could play historical, but random debut one year at a time, and get young players.

Secondly If that works for the dec 15 draft date, could it work with an earlier date during the year.

Thanks for the answer if anyone has tried this before...I was going to try tonight but thought I would ask the community first.
I may be misunderstanding your post, but, the first (inaugural) draft in a random debut will be made up of players of all ages. For example, you may get a 19 year old Babe Ruth or you may get a 36 year old Ruth. A 22 year old Craig Biggio or a 39 year old Biggio. It's a total crapshoot.

After the inaugural draft, amateur drafts from that point will feature players entering the league at the age they made their MLB debuts. For example, Bobby Higginson will debut at age 24, Tom Veryzer at age 20, Hoyt Wilhelm at age 29 and Joe Adcock at age 22.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I may be misunderstanding your post, but, the first (inaugural) draft in a random debut will be made up of players of all ages. For example, you may get a 19 year old Babe Ruth or you may get a 36 year old Ruth. A 22 year old Craig Biggio or a 39 year old Biggio. It's a total crapshoot.

After the inaugural draft, amateur drafts from that point will feature players entering the league at the age they made their MLB debuts. For example, Bobby Higginson will debut at age 24, Tom Veryzer at age 20, Hoyt Wilhelm at age 29 and Joe Adcock at age 22.
You got my question. It was about amateur draft.
For some reason I recalled them coming in at age 19. Mmmm.
Maybe I had a spritze db for that rd and didn't know,
I will test tonight.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

As to the other part, I think that's definitely a test it and see type deal. I've never tried changing the minimum and maximum years after league formation. Always set my minimum to 1900 or 1901 and nothing for maximum. Not sure what happens if you change it each year.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Maybe David is around.

If you're using the Spritze database, they will come in at 18 or 19 to the amateur draft because that's the way that database is set up. If you're using the default database, the players will come into the amateur draft the year they debuted, or even a year before. I often see them come in a year early, but that's it. They don't come in at 18 or 19 though, unless you know they're Mel Ott or something (he came in at 17 IRL).
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thanks, good to know that players come in at there actual debut age using the default database except for the inaugural draft. I think for my next attempt at random debut I will target the Spritze database after the inaugural draft. Anyone foresee any problems with switching database after the first draft? Is it possible to have duplicate players? That is unless sprague works out a slicker solution.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #7
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Thanks, good to know that players come in at there actual debut age using the default database except for the inaugural draft. I think for my next attempt at random debut I will target the Spritze database after the inaugural draft. Anyone foresee any problems with switching database after the first draft? Is it possible to have duplicate players? That is unless sprague works out a slicker solution.
This is probably my solution after looking this over.
1 start a rd league in any year. Use spritze db
2 delete ALL the real players before the draft. Then they can all show up as 18 year olds later.
3 create enough fictional players the first year aged 25-33. Then retire them when they reach 35. Gives time for the first few year real players to mature and take their place.
4 I find with spritze, and I love the db, is that superstar pitchers I tend to have to make better as the way the ai reads the db robs some stars. I tend to boost then by gb% + 10 to help. I lower a few minor league players that come in too good or raise a few MLB players. I raise the negro players too. Recent players will have to be modified as the spritze db right now misses 2015 and 2016.
5 play it out till fictional players are needed.
6 I will see if the regular db with the game can be utilized for this but maybe not.

Testing continues