Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
Lew39
Bat Boy

About to purchase; some questions

I am hoping someone familiar with OOTP answer a couple of basic questions regarding OOTP Baseball. I enjoy replaying entire Major League Baseball Seasons. I manage the home team for every game and the computer manages the visitors. I enjoy the statistical accuracy and have been replaying the 2014 season using one of your competitors games (I have been playing this competitors games since the early 1960’s). Unfortunately, this company seems to moving away from a computerized version of MLB baseball that remains statistically accurate and reinforces the accuracy with a fresh realistic visual experience; so I am looking for a replacement.

I am not looking to emulate a general manager, nor am I looking to trade players, although I will move players that were traded during the season from one team to another on the date the trade took place. I assume OOTP also keeps statistics and generates reports (Box scores and team leader reports by category, with a print capability), identify injuries (individual player, team, etc.) . From everything I have seen on the OOTB website, the game seems to have the capabilities to do what I am looking for.

Can anyone let me know if they have replayed a partial or full season and how long a typical 9 inning game takes?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Lew39; 03-29-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Cosmetic changes to the document
Lew39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I can only reassure you, categorically, that all of what you describe in your post can be done in this game. It is very flexible in this regard. The quid pro quo is that the game has a bit of a learning curve but if you stick with it, learn the ins and outs over time, you can do all that.

Hundreds, if not thousands of players enjoy OOTPB by playing out partial and full seasons. You can take control and play out each game, or you can simulate games one day, one week, one month, or an entire season at time. You can mix styles, going back and forth.

You can play as GM, as Manager, or GM + Manager. No matter what role you assume, you can delegate portions of your responsibilities to the AI, such as lineups, promotions and demotions, trades, and hiring personnel. You don't even have to take on any responsibilities if you don't want to; you can, as commissioner, take over control of any team in the league for however long as you want and not be employed at all.

Even the amount of time it takes to play out a 9-inning game is highly variable. You can go pitch-by-pitch or one click per at-bat. You can simulate a half-inning or a full-inning at a time. You can run the game until RISP (runner in scoring position) occurs. You can specify what inning to simulate to, say the fifth, and take over from there.

If what I have said is intriguing you at this point, then this is the game for you.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 03-29-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
Lew39
Bat Boy

Thank you DejaBRU and Lukas

Deja Bru:
Thank you so much. Yes, you have totally answered my questions and I can assure you Lukas, who has also been kind enough to answer my dumb questions, is please I am out of them. I will order OOTP 18
Lew39 is offline   Reply With Quote