Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #21
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post

A-Rod is a tougher question. Probably makes sense to not retire him, but just make him suck. Then whoever plays would likely DFA/release him as they did in real life.
A-Rod technically is not retiring, the Yankees are releasing him and giving him a job doing whatever it is they will let him do. There is still a chance he could play next year....as unlikely as it sounds. Until he officially retires, I would leave him in the game.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #22
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

It's been said before, but maybe it should be reiterated just for sanity sake .... you guys at OOTP do a fabulous job. i love the game and are amazed at your dedication and hard work and the product presented. i learned long ago (yeah, i really old) that asking for things gets more than demanding or demeaning. Sure there are a few things i'd like "corrected" or made specific to MY style of play, but i am amazed and pleased every time i turn this game on what it actually does and can do. Thank-you for a wonderful product and thank-you for the work this team and community does. i'm certain the product will get better in each new release, but if it doesn't (as my mother used to say)- i'm still happy as a clam!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 08-09-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typos
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #23
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
I am just trying to improve this game for the future.
And ironically, given what haveband posted, you pretty much ensured there won't be a 2017 post-deadline roster update. Some "future improvement."

Good job, dude.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #24
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
I imagine those who play the Yanks and Rangers would love those contracts off their books in game
In A-Rods case the contract is payable in full as he will be released. My suggestion. Leave him in-game and let each human player release him if they choose.Put another way, don't let anyone off the hook.

BTW. Thanks for all the unseen work you Lukasberger and many others do. I don't play current day leagues but I completely appreciate that what you do makes the game popular and helps us all get a better game. I'm in your debt.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 08-20-2016 at 08:44 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #25
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
In A-Rods case the contract is payable in full as he will be released. My suggestion. Leave him in-game and let each human player release him if they choose.Put another way, don' let anyone off the hook.

BTW. Thanks for all the unseen work you Lukasberger and many others do. I don't play current day leagues but I completely appreciate that what you do makes the game popular and helps us all get a better game. I'm in your debt.
Sounds like a solid plan to me.. And thank you very much, much appreciated
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 PM   #26
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Updated Standings and Stats would be nice so we can see if Indians can make it to World Series in 2016.
Future Transactions for 2016 season so like on August 12 the Yankees would release AROD and also include when somebody went on DL or Traded and to make it funner have Injures turned on Because have full Minor Leagues and Player transaction News for MLB Team. Also for future Drafts when Draft Pool is released include Free-Agents to.
Unretire Button to unretire all.

Last edited by mgom27; 08-10-2016 at 05:51 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #27
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Unretire Button to unretire all.
This already exists! Just look at your list of retired players from your league history while you're in commissioner mode, select all the players you want to un-retire and hit the button
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:43 AM   #28
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Ok, thank you for the further explanation. I'm sure that was a slip of the tongue on Markus' part, or maybe there was just a mis-communication somewhere.
Yes, that was miscommunication. Lost in translation, basically Sorry for the confusion!

Regarding the initial timeline of the post-deadline rosters, I was wrong and should have written that this is just a guess from my part. So again, sorry for the confusion

Cheers!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote