Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

I am needing help to setup a solo league

I really do not understand how to set it up but here is what I'd like to have in the league:
1) start with 2015 opening day rosters
2) I would love to include historical players in the years to come (i plan on doing this solo league for a long time)
3) would love to have future expansion
4) would love to manage the royals
5) would love follow MLB rules
6) have realistic finances

if there is anyone out there that can give a newbie to setting up league I'd be greatly appreviative.
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
padregabe
Bat Boy

I'd like to do that too. I've had this game for 5 days and I feel overwhelmed with evrything to do. Is it possible to play the Major League team schedule and the Minor League teams?

If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks.
padregabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzimmie View Post
I really do not understand how to set it up but here is what I'd like to have in the league:
1) start with 2015 opening day rosters
2) I would love to include historical players in the years to come (i plan on doing this solo league for a long time)
3) would love to have future expansion
4) would love to manage the royals
5) would love follow MLB rules
6) have realistic finances

if there is anyone out there that can give a newbie to setting up league I'd be greatly appreviative.
If you choose New Standard Game from the start screen you will start a league with most of what you want. It will have the 2015 rosters, you can pick any team to manage, and it will have full MLB rules and finances.

The standard league also has real-life draft picks for the next 3 or 4 years so you will have the stars of the future in there as well. As for option #2 if you mean include historical players like Ty Cobb - you can do that too but it's slightly more complicated.

First of all you should download the All-In-One mod, you can go to Add-Ons Central from the bottom of the start screen or from the File dropdown in-game.

Select New Standard Game, and you have a screen where you can name your game (not league but just what game is called in OOTP) and choose what leagues you want. For now stick with good old MLB and press Start Game. It will set you up with the full league with real logos, pictures of players etc

Next screen you can choose your name in game, and what role you want to play - Manager and GM if you want to control it all, or one or the other if you just want to do one of those. I recommend Manager and GM. You also pick your team here.

You're pretty much ready to go! You just need to tweak the settings - and there are a lot of them. Game menu - Game Settings. Don't worry about most of this stuff for now - but when you have some time see what's available to you. The League Settings-Financials shows all the money details, the League Settings rules and options tabs give you choices to change the game - like don't like the DH rule, get rid of it.

For a new player, you may want to disable the evolving league feature under Game Settings - League Settings - Options. There's lots of check boxes, if you keep them on the game will automatically do things like expand the league, teams can move, and rules can be changed. Basically keep or remove as much as you like.

You can also rename the awards if you want on the same page. You won't need a whole lot more - like I said when you have time just look at all the options available.

Before you begin, one more thing is to check the Auto-play settings. You can find this under your manager's name tab at the top, Team Control Settings. This lets you decide how much you want to manage personally and how much the AI can run. The game can be overwhelming at the start so it's very helpful to delegate here. Stuff like Setting Budgets, Sign/Fire Minor League Personnel, Minor League Lineups, and maybe Minor League Promotions and Demotions are good things to consider letting the AI handle, but its up to you.

Final note, Commissioner Mode is available on the same screen. I don't recommend you play with this turned on as it basically gives you "god mode" but it's really handy to use it to see under the hood. With it on you can use the editor tab on a player to see all his hidden ratings - just to get an idea of what's going on. It's fun to play with.

That should get you started.

Last edited by Peregrine; 03-29-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by padregabe View Post
I'd like to do that too. I've had this game for 5 days and I feel overwhelmed with evrything to do. Is it possible to play the Major League team schedule and the Minor League teams?

If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks.
Not sure I understand what you mean by the scheduling. Do you mean you want to manage a minor league team while the AI runs the Major Leagues? Yes you can do this. The instructions I gave above will start with a full minor league system (all real life teams) and at the start you can pick a minor league team to run if that's your choice. If you run the big league team you have easy access to all your minor league rosters and can promote/demote players, or let the AI do that.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote