Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #1
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Online League -- Can't Add GMs

I run an online league where most of the GMs don't own the game so they send in their lineups via text file. About a third of the league does own the game and we just added another GM who wants to add himself into the league file. However, when he does so, the game won't let him choose a team. How do we assign him to his team when I am the commissioner and I have the game set to all teams run by me? Thanks.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

He cannot assign himself to a team, you have to do it. Then he needs the league file you did it in and the accountsdata_gms.dat in the settings folder.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Apparently I can't do it either. I added him in the Add/Edit Screen but when I go to assign him to a team, no teams are showing.

Last edited by OBSL Commish; 03-26-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Apparently I can't do it either. I added him in the Add/Edit Screen but when I go to assign him to a team, no teams are showing.

looks like your in commish mode.I usually have a commish login and a gm login. Make sure the team is open. No GM.

Last edited by rutri01; 03-26-2015 at 09:38 AM.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
looks like your in commish mode.I usually have a commish login and a gm login. Make sure the team is open. No GM.
We have no logins since I control all the teams. But other GMs have been able to add themselves but nothing is working here.

It will let me add him to a minor league team.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Go to "Manager Name" button on top-> Other Human Managers
Check to see if the team you want already has a manager assigned to it. If so then retire/resign the manager and go back to Edit managers and assign the new guy to the team.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Go to "Manager Name" button on top-> Other Human Managers
Check to see if the team you want already has a manager assigned to it. If so then retire/resign the manager and go back to Edit managers and assign the new guy to the team.
There are no other managers. I'm the only manager listed in the league file but individual GMs say they have added themselves to the database when they download it since they can select me as the GM and then add themselves. All they do is email me their manager profiles. They don't upload anything.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Did you check the "Human manager controls all teams" option?
Have your other managers explained how they added themselves? I do not understand how or where they are doing this.
Are they creating a manager strategy profile? And then as the teams GM you are giving them the mangers job?
I do not know very much about that process.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Did you check the "Human manager controls all teams" option?
Have your other managers explained how they added themselves? I do not understand how or where they are doing this.
Are they creating a manager strategy profile? And then as the teams GM you are giving them the mangers job?
I do not know very much about that process.
I have control over all teams and it looks like the only way to add GMs is to turn that off, which would make running the league harder since most of our GMs don't own the game. Oh well. Thanks for all your help, guys.