Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Setting up Feeder Leagues

I've been reading the Feeders guide here in regards to setting up the correct number etc.

However, it's left me a bit confused too, so I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions I have and get my head around this. I will apologize in advance, I'm not a huge baseball guy (didn't start watching till I found OOTP one day) so some of these questions may be stupid.

As the Majors have 7 levels, that would require 35 rounds in the draft (I believe that's defaulted in anyway) so that isn't an issue.

Then according to this: # of feeder teams needed = (number of teams in parent league x number of draft rounds)/6. A typical Majors set up would then need 175 feeder teams (30 * 35/6 = 175) according to the above formula.

However, if I just choose the "Add a complete feeder league system" option under MLB options it adds up adding 312 feeder teams (56 college/256 high school) and then increases my draft to 90 rounds and generates players for 91 rounds - that seems far too much.

1. Does the "Add a complete feeder league system" add far too many feeder teams relative to the league? Ideally I'd like a feeder system that provides enough players for a 35-40 round draft but also leaves a decent amount of undrafted players (without flooding the gameworld).

2. Is it better just to follow the Feeder League guide from the manual, and calculate the number of teams I need?

3. Can I add feeder leagues into the game and specify exactly how many teams in that specific league? If I try to add it through the MLB League settings it just adds a random amount of teams to the league

4. What is a good ratio of College/High School teams? If I go for 176 teams is 32 college / 144 high school teams ok?

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 03-20-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote