Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
yarfangor
Bat Boy

Stubborn RFA

I looked through the forum and didn't see if anyone had the same issue -

I currently have Lars Eller & PK Subban who are RFAs, refuse to negotiate further with me and insist on waiting for Offer Sheets. Neither have been approached and it's going on October of the new season and they still refuse to negotiate with me.

Any ideas how I can get them back on my roster? I can't even extend their contract via commissioner mode.
yarfangor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
pumppe
Bat Boy

Iam having the same problem, lost Kuemper and Niederreiter after first season and Granlund+Brodin after second season. Everyone refusing to negotiate
pumppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
yarfangor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumppe View Post
Iam having the same problem, lost Kuemper and Niederreiter after first season and Granlund+Brodin after second season. Everyone refusing to negotiate
Okay I've noticed the problem again -

It happens in this sequence -

1. I extend an offer to an extension
2. I ask them for reponse
3. They are happy, eager to sign
4. I click "Submit"
5. 1 day later I get a mail saying (Player X will test free agency) and when I go to offer a new contract he is beyond pissed off and refuses to work a new deal (which he already accepted)

I've now lost 6 players not including Subban and Eller. This is game breaking for me.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

game breaking for me as well... and payment breaking on buying ootp since im not buying to beta again.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'm getting to the point I'm almost second guessing if anyone has hockey knowledge over there in OOTP headquarters because I'm getting very annoyed and frustrated at the fact the same damned bugs and problems that have haunted this game from the start is still in the game.

I realize the coding is far beyond my knowledge capabilities and the technicalities that go along with it but some of the things in this game is fricken laziness!!!!

Instead of a thousand people writing about what the training relates to why here's an idea...

- Training sessions could include what attributes are effected in brackets next to the TRAINING OPTIONS to eliminate the need of going to a manual or trying to remember after not playing for a week or two

- Fighting is unrealistic.... PERIOD! although this isn't a huge part of the game
to some people it IS still a huge part of the game to others including MYSELF
Enforcers should be fighting other Enforcers not the Cory Perry's of the league.

- Would it kill you all to add a fighting frequency slider which would allow for more fisticuffs in the season for people that want to mimic the older and rougher days of the NHL which included the likes of Domi, Probert, Brown, Odjick, Gaetz, McSorley, McCarthy ??

-After clicking on a UFA / Personnel I wish to view and hit the back button, it sends me back to the start of the list. Can it not just go back to where I left off on the list ???

- Trade engine is absolute garbage.. still!!
Simmed three games off the get go and Anaheim sends they're top prospect Hampus Lindholm to Nashville for Goalie Mazanek, a 32 yr old AHL'er and a crap prospect with a ability of 5.0.

- Signing players.... SEE ABOVE post's
- Dynasty Forums... why ??? The game is spitting out bogus stuff and people want to log a journal for the game failing to measure up to what SHOULDN'T be at this time and stage. Reading about loosing players and the ability to find it impossible to build a team because of the bugs doesn't amuse me.

Last edited by BlackIce; 03-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
yarfangor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I'm getting to the point I'm almost second guessing if anyone has hockey knowledge over there in OOTP headquarters because I'm getting very annoyed and frustrated at the fact the same damned bugs and problems that have haunted this game from the start is still in the game.

I realize the coding is far beyond my knowledge capabilities and the technicalities that go along with it but some of the things in this game is fricken laziness!!!!

Instead of a thousand people writing about what the training relates to why here's an idea...

- Training sessions could include what attributes are effected in brackets next to the TRAINING OPTIONS to eliminate the need of going to a manual or trying to remember after not playing for a week or two

- Fighting is unrealistic.... PERIOD! although this isn't a huge part of the game
to some people it IS still a huge part of the game to others including MYSELF
Enforcers should be fighting other Enforcers not the Cory Perry's of the league.

- Would it kill you all to add a fighting frequency slider which would allow for more fisticuffs in the season for people that want to mimic the older and rougher days of the NHL which included the likes of Domi, Probert, Brown, Odjick, Gaetz, McSorley, McCarthy ??

-After clicking on a UFA / Personnel I wish to view and hit the back button, it sends me back to the start of the list. Can it not just go back to where I left off on the list ???

- Trade engine is absolute garbage.. still!!
Simmed three games off the get go and Anaheim sends they're top prospect Hampus Lindholm to Nashville for Goalie Mazanek, a 32 yr old AHL'er and a crap prospect with a ability of 5.0.

- Signing players.... SEE ABOVE post's
- Dynasty Forums... why ??? The game is spitting out bogus stuff and people want to log a journal for the game failing to measure up to what SHOULDN'T be at this time and stage. Reading about loosing players and the ability to find it impossible to build a team because of the bugs doesn't amuse me.

I didn't open this thread to begin bashing the game or its developers, I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the beta. I opened this thread with the hope (and likelihood) that the devs see this issue and implement a quick hotfix or something.

The game has significantly improved over the last year and if it weren't for this issue I'd be having fun playing the game honestly.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I agree with everything u say, instead adding new stuff why cant you fix the basic issues, like fighting, trading, FA signings the draft, this is all broken. Who cares about other playable leagues I sure dont, who cares about scouting and new development system when you cant even play the game and enjoy it.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
Merla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
-After clicking on a UFA / Personnel I wish to view and hit the back button, it sends me back to the start of the list. Can it not just go back to where I left off on the list ???.
This. Totally agree with you. Very good suggestion and I hope to see it implemented soon.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
I agree with everything u say, instead adding new stuff why cant you fix the basic issues, like fighting, trading, FA signings the draft, this is all broken. Who cares about other playable leagues I sure dont, who cares about scouting and new development system when you cant even play the game and enjoy it.
I do care about other playable leagues and the new development and scouting systems, I really do. Much more then I care about fighting for example.
See? Different people have different tastes. And that's a good thing. I could say "Ignore fighting, who cares about it?", but I don't because I know there are people who wait for it to get better and I respect that. Let's not be selfish please.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #10
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
I do care about other playable leagues and the new development and scouting systems, I really do. Much more then I care about fighting for example.
See? Different people have different tastes. And that's a good thing. I could say "Ignore fighting, who cares about it?", but I don't because I know there are people who wait for it to get better and I respect that. Let's not be selfish please.
Your point would be valid assuming we were talking about a minor glitch here and not a game breaking glitch that makes you lose all your players to free agency..
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #11
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
Your point would be valid assuming we were talking about a minor glitch here and not a game breaking glitch that makes you lose all your players to free agency..
I'm playing the game and it's not broken...

But fair enough. Anyway - my point is at least as valid as the point telling "Don't add another leagues, fix fighting first". In fact it's much more valid since fighting isn't a game breaker and it doesn't make sense to think that it will get better if there are less leagues playable...

But let's not argue. I have my opinion, you have yours. If you think there is something wrong, please report it with a concrete examples (i.e. here - report wrong contract demands for example). That way the game can become better.