Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
rocktober
Bat Boy

Smile Have a few questions on the game

Right now with no PS3 working and the PS4 not out for 2 more months i was happy you made this hockey simulation. Still has quite a few bugs and is very lagging at times.. But its hockey...

I have supported your games for 9 years with baseball so gave this one a shot. Of course like most i would love a football one by you since i know you all would do a in depth job with it. But if not i will always support your creations.

Bugs that annoy me in the hockey sim:

1. I know this has been touched on by a few people but this is a big part in hockey is RFA, even if it doesnt get used alot. It would still be nice to have.

*RFA My hometown team is Colorado Avalanche.. I have 10 million in cap space and would like to make teams either match my offer and put them in cap hell or give up draft picks for young star players...

I know Alex Pietrangelo resigned with the BLues but it still show him there.. Same for Kadri. But i would at least like to be able to offer them a contract...

And hopefully when you add this FEATURE to the next update you will have it where we can structure the deal to help us "Steal" the player away. Since in the NHL its the average of the 5 highest years in the deal that is the cap hit so if i wanted to give 10 million to Pietrangelo in year 1 and then back it off in other years so his cap hit only allows me to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick it makes it tough for St Louis as they only had 6 million in cap space for Year 1.

2. Lineup changes.. I think im use to the baseball by you.. But when i change a player from line 3 to line 2 it keeps him in line 3 as well instead of just switching the players. Kind of minor.

3. Trading block. In baseball you had SHOP PLAYER so you could find good deals.. Are you going to bring this feature to the NHL game? And if so, could it be you set it up to what you want in return. Like im wanna trade Stansty who is a 27 year old center in the last year of his deal. If i want a young Defensive prospect and 1st rd pick maybe have a place that is what im asking for and see who is willing to meet the price.

I have got to play too much as the lagging was killing me. But will play more this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.....

GO AVALANCHE
rocktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktober View Post
Right now with no PS3 working and the PS4 not out for 2 more months i was happy you made this hockey simulation. Still has quite a few bugs and is very lagging at times.. But its hockey...

I have supported your games for 9 years with baseball so gave this one a shot. Of course like most i would love a football one by you since i know you all would do a in depth job with it. But if not i will always support your creations.

Bugs that annoy me in the hockey sim:

1. I know this has been touched on by a few people but this is a big part in hockey is RFA, even if it doesnt get used alot. It would still be nice to have.

*RFA My hometown team is Colorado Avalanche.. I have 10 million in cap space and would like to make teams either match my offer and put them in cap hell or give up draft picks for young star players...

I know Alex Pietrangelo resigned with the BLues but it still show him there.. Same for Kadri. But i would at least like to be able to offer them a contract...

And hopefully when you add this FEATURE to the next update you will have it where we can structure the deal to help us "Steal" the player away. Since in the NHL its the average of the 5 highest years in the deal that is the cap hit so if i wanted to give 10 million to Pietrangelo in year 1 and then back it off in other years so his cap hit only allows me to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick it makes it tough for St Louis as they only had 6 million in cap space for Year 1.

2. Lineup changes.. I think im use to the baseball by you.. But when i change a player from line 3 to line 2 it keeps him in line 3 as well instead of just switching the players. Kind of minor.

3. Trading block. In baseball you had SHOP PLAYER so you could find good deals.. Are you going to bring this feature to the NHL game? And if so, could it be you set it up to what you want in return. Like im wanna trade Stansty who is a 27 year old center in the last year of his deal. If i want a young Defensive prospect and 1st rd pick maybe have a place that is what im asking for and see who is willing to meet the price.

I have got to play too much as the lagging was killing me. But will play more this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.....

GO AVALANCHE
Great list bud!

Shopping a player and adding a feature for "style of player" mentioned as above would be hella-sweet!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Merla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktober View Post
This. It's quite annoying and I don't see the point of it. I've also mentioned this before, so I hope it will be fixed soon.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Here's another added feature I'd like to see off the top of my head to add:

Jersey Number LOCK.. Anytime I achieve making all the players numbers match that of real life and call up a rookie the numbers get all screwy with it conflicting the NHL players number. If the player is LOCKED then it can random the number from there for all I care and I'll change it later, but it's a pain to go thru games with call-ups and see your rosters numbers changed drastically.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Here's another added feature I'd like to see off the top of my head to add:

Jersey Number LOCK.. Anytime I achieve making all the players numbers match that of real life and call up a rookie the numbers get all screwy with it conflicting the NHL players number. If the player is LOCKED then it can random the number from there for all I care and I'll change it later, but it's a pain to go thru games with call-ups and see your rosters numbers changed drastically.
yes, very good idea. I simulated a few seasons and noticed Crosby still on the penguins but wearing jersey 97. That's just not right!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merla View Post
This. It's quite annoying and I don't see the point of it. I've also mentioned this before, so I hope it will be fixed soon.
Dont change that. I like this. Because i play fighters in my fourth line and when i am losing in third period i use first line players (lw/rw) to play also in fourth line. If they change this i cant do this anymore.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Merla

Sv: Have a few questions on the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker27 View Post
Dont change that. I like this. Because i play fighters in my fourth line and when i am losing in third period i use first line players (lw/rw) to play also in fourth line. If they change this i cant do this anymore.
I think you fan just right click the player name to empty that spot, and thereby use a player in more than one line.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merla View Post
I think you fan just right click the player name to empty that spot, and thereby use a player in more than one line.
Really? Ok, thanks i have to try that.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote