Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
exile_lostsouls
Bat Boy

'Team X' will not trade 'Player X'

Noticed this with the original beta and the 0.9.4 update as well.

I control an NHL team (doesn't matter which one) for examples sake I'm controlling the Washington Capitals. I'm trying to initiate a trade, and when I go to add Ovechkin to the trade I get this message saying 'The Washington Capitals will not trade Alex Ovechkin'

Seems pretty odd that if I'm controlling the team there is some outside force blocking me from trying to trade my own player. Also seems odd that some players you can't make offers for because of this message. If Gretzky could get traded anyone can get traded. I would think offers on any player should be allowed.

I've looked to see if anyone else reported this, but nobody else has.

As a side note - on Head Coaches, have they just been disabled for now on the Beta, or are they not going to be part of the game at all moving forward? I'm really disapointed if that is the case. Makes no sense to me to have my assistant do the coaching when I could just have my own head coach in place... maybe I missed something, but originally I seemed to recall hearing that Head Coaches and personel were not up to speed in the beta and would be in place by the time of the final release, although I've read other posts saying Head Coaches will not be part of this game period. Anyone have any insight?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

That might be because of a "no-trade" clause in his contract. If he doesn't want to move, you can't move him. Same with trying to trade other players with the clause.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
BTerran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
That might be because of a "no-trade" clause in his contract. If he doesn't want to move, you can't move him. Same with trying to trade other players with the clause.
That doesn't appear to be the case based on my experience.

I ran into the same problem with James Reimer in Toronto (while playing as Toronto), so as an experiment I checked to see who else I wasn't allowed to trade.

It turns out that James Reimer is the only player on the Maple Leafs that I'm not allowed to deal.

That just leaves me a little confused, because I'm not sure what makes Reimer unique from the every other player in the organization. Maybe it's a bug, but if it isn't, it would be helpful to make the reason for certain players being completely blocked from trades more transparent so that we know what to expect and understand why it's happening.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
exile_lostsouls
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
I should've mentioned that I used Comish mode to take his NO-TRADE off... plus even if a player has a NO-TRADE you should be able to attempt a trade and see if the player accepts the trade , no?

Also players without NO-TRADE's (as referred to in the previous posters comment) are coming up with this issue as well

Last edited by exile_lostsouls; 03-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
indigoo
Bat Boy

I didn't notice this issue with the first build, but now I'm getting it as well. However, I was informed of any NMC on a contract in the last build, so I don't know if that's the issue...