Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 06-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Making a flag

The requirements for a flag:

20 pixels by 12 pixels

PNG file format

The flag should be named using the country abbreviation found in nations.txt.

The flag should be stored in the flags folder.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 AM   #2
reds1
Hall Of Famer

In OOTP2007, they are 18x12. Does this matter?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
In OOTP2007, they are 18x12. Does this matter?
I don't know. I'd have to ask, and the answer would take a long time to get.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

I think they were always 18x12. At least, all the ones I made were 18x12, and that was for OOTP2006.
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Goody
Hall Of Famer

V.10 they are all 18x12 too.

I hope I don't have to edit my 13 custom flags. Wouldn't be a huge problem but...why??
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
Goody
Hall Of Famer

They (the defaults) are still 18x12 in version 11. And I plugged in my 18x12 custom flags and they look great.

Raider you might want to edit the OP.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
whats a good program to use to edit flags down to size i am having difficulty
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
davwms
All Star Starter

What are you having trouble with? I have used photoshop but when the flags get that small nothing will make them look perfect. Are you trying to create OOTP flags from current flags or fictional flags?

I created a little photoshop file for creating fictional flags, too. Again, that small they don't look perfect, but they work and look about the same as the ones that come with the game.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
I was able to shrink 1 flag and it come out perfect I downloaded that 1 off the net. I downloaded 56 others but none of them r coming out any good at all. I use GIMP and windows Paint paint worked the best on the 1st 1.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Having trouble with flags showing up properly that I downloaded for a fictional country. I added the country within a game save because I don't want to touch the default file if possible. Could that be my problem? Maybe I can't change flags without changing the default file? I used paint to resize the flags to OOTP requirements. Abbreviation URA. Saved the files as ura.png

Last edited by GiantYankee; 09-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #11
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

This is an incredibly old sticky post. Could one of the regulars please confirm what is the status of doing flags?

The small flags from the OOTP 14 nation_flags folder for example are 16 x 16 pixels in PNG format, with a transparent 1 or 2 pixels (already included in the measurements above) on top and below.

Where are the large flags in nation_flags_large used?
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:48 AM   #12
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Having trouble with flags showing up properly that I downloaded for a fictional country. I added the country within a game save because I don't want to touch the default file if possible. Could that be my problem? Maybe I can't change flags without changing the default file? I used paint to resize the flags to OOTP requirements. Abbreviation URA. Saved the files as ura.png
Yes, that is your problem. Save it in your user/data/database folder (where all the other flags are found).

Also, if you create a new country, note that you'll have to save and exit out for the game to load up the flag next time you restart.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:50 AM   #13
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I was able to shrink 1 flag and it come out perfect I downloaded that 1 off the net. I downloaded 56 others but none of them r coming out any good at all. I use GIMP and windows Paint paint worked the best on the 1st 1.
I just copied one of the flag .pngs; I was making a Hawai'i flag so I just used one of the commonwealth country flags and put stripes on the field (of the flag) to match the colors in the jack. It took about one minute.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:46 AM   #14
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Hi guys, I have recently found a pretty easy way for anyone to create and render a flag with the correct dimensions for a OOTP save. It seems like I can knock the steps down to 5, here we go.

1. Go to https://flag-designer.appspot.com or search simply for "flag generator" on a search engine and find it that way.

2. Create your flag by either customizing it yourself or randomly generating the flag with the button.

3. Click "Open as standalone (.svg)" this will create the flag into a Scalable Vector Graphic or basically a vector. Right click and save that to your computer for the next step.

4. Go back to the flag website, find the tiny letters in blue at the bottom of the website, click "[SVG to raster image (JPG/PNG/TIFF) conversion]" click the select image button, find the first flag image you created as a .svg image, create the dimensions (70x47) and save as either over your old flag or a new file on the computer.

5. Add the flag to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 23\data\database\nation_flags folder, rename the file as the first three letters of the country you are working with and BOOM!

I think that covers it. I just wrote this down as I re processed the directions from my adhd brain. Hope this helps yall!
Old 01-31-2023, 07:14 PM   #15
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
Hi guys, I have recently found a pretty easy way for anyone to create and render a flag with the correct dimensions for a OOTP save. It seems like I can knock the steps down to 5, here we go.

1. Go to https://flag-designer.appspot.com or search simply for "flag generator" on a search engine and find it that way.

2. Create your flag by either customizing it yourself or randomly generating the flag with the button.

3. Click "Open as standalone (.svg)" this will create the flag into a Scalable Vector Graphic or basically a vector. Right click and save that to your computer for the next step.

4. Go back to the flag website, find the tiny letters in blue at the bottom of the website, click "[SVG to raster image (JPG/PNG/TIFF) conversion]" click the select image button, find the first flag image you created as a .svg image, create the dimensions (70x47) and save as either over your old flag or a new file on the computer.

5. Add the flag to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 23\data\database\nation_flags folder, rename the file as the first three letters of the country you are working with and BOOM!

I think that covers it. I just wrote this down as I re processed the directions from my adhd brain. Hope this helps yall!

Nice find with the flag creation program....

Thanks for taking the time to post and share about it.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote