Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #441
Saltavjorden
Bat Boy

Sorry for my English.Hello, I have a problem with KHL rules ( must have 2 players under 20). And the next day is gameday, in my system( all affiliates team and junior team with whom I have a contract, I have a many young player 17-20 years, but without contract with the parent team ) I only have 2 players under 20, and one of them are injured,( and I can’t put him an active roster, because injury are serious) what can I do? Trading player are taking time, also as sign a free agent, but I don’t have a time because next day is a game, how to find a solution ? Thanks. If I push play game, I have announcement about it, and don’t play.
Saltavjorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:50 PM   #442
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

is there a way to see my teams PK/PP % in the playoffs?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #443
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Exhibition Mode:

Has it been updated to more than 2 teams?
From the lack of replies, I guess no. I will skip the update then.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:05 PM   #444
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Anyone?
Yes there will be others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltavjorden View Post
Sorry for my English.Hello, I have a problem with KHL rules ( must have 2 players under 20). And the next day is gameday, in my system( all affiliates team and junior team with whom I have a contract, I have a many young player 17-20 years, but without contract with the parent team ) I only have 2 players under 20, and one of them are injured,( and I can’t put him an active roster, because injury are serious) what can I do? Trading player are taking time, also as sign a free agent, but I don’t have a time because next day is a game, how to find a solution ? Thanks. If I push play game, I have announcement about it, and don’t play.
You should be able to sign someone immediately who is on the affiliated club, or a Free Agent should sign that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
Off the top of my head, no, I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
From the lack of replies, I guess no. I will skip the update then.
No.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #445
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltavjorden View Post
What team are you? Can you enable commissioner mode?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:23 PM   #446
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
When I try to hire, a box appears that says "Signing not possible. You can't afford to sign (enter name). His demand is too high". Here are two screenshot, if it helps. The first is my payroll and compensation (which hasn't changed since my first summer with the team). I have 61 thousand left. In the second screenshot, I tried to sign Curtis Joseph as a test. He's supposed to ask for 80 000$, as stated on the last line.
So, is there a way to manually remove accumulated staff compensation (or raise staff budget)?

Thanks!!
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:36 AM   #447
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
So, is there a way to manually remove accumulated staff compensation (or raise staff budget)?

Thanks!!
Not right now, it looks like it's a bug where the compensation for fired staff isn't being removed from the budget when it should be. Working on a fix for the next update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:04 AM   #448
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not right now, it looks like it's a bug where the compensation for fired staff isn't being removed from the budget when it should be. Working on a fix for the next update.
Ok, cool! Thanks for the reply!
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:05 PM   #449
GMO123
Major Leagues

Will the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd star selections for each player be in the next update?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:20 AM   #450
viperswhip
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes there is, go to team Roster, over on the right, pull down menu to stats, and there is a second menu with regular season, playoffs and a couple other choices there. You can see all the info there.

Took me a while to find as well.
viperswhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #451
GRZ
Bat Boy

Are there any considerations adding a meter or some type of a tactic helper which shows which tactic would fit better for your roster? That would make it a lot easier to settle on tactics for players like me who aren't that tactical, and don't really want to spend 30 minutes on swapping back and forth between player ratings and tactics, but still want to control roster moves and whatnot.
GRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #452
Jeiska
Bat Boy

Hello, I'm new to the game. Can the reputation rise up to Known Nationally or Regionally?

I've started GM+coach Known Locally in Mestis Finland, played 2 seasons there, in both managed to playoffs. Then got offered to DEL, and won championship on first season there. I'm still only Known Locally, so the question is like above, can the reputation rise to more famous?
Jeiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:38 PM   #453
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Adam or anyone from FHM6 i hope you guys can answer this

I know with OOTP if you go and change the standings and division you have to find a specific team alignment schedule plan for that team setup is that the same for this game or can you just generate a new schedule.

So for example like I want to go from 4 divisions in NHL back to 6 divisions but keep AHL and ECHL at the same divisions.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #454
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiska View Post
Hello, I'm new to the game. Can the reputation rise up to Known Nationally or Regionally?

I've started GM+coach Known Locally in Mestis Finland, played 2 seasons there, in both managed to playoffs. Then got offered to DEL, and won championship on first season there. I'm still only Known Locally, so the question is like above, can the reputation rise to more famous?
Your reputation improves everywhere, but where you base nationality comes in can help you earn National Team Jobs a little more easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Adam or anyone from FHM6 i hope you guys can answer this

I know with OOTP if you go and change the standings and division you have to find a specific team alignment schedule plan for that team setup is that the same for this game or can you just generate a new schedule.

So for example like I want to go from 4 divisions in NHL back to 6 divisions but keep AHL and ECHL at the same divisions.
As far as I know, if you change the structure of the NHL, it shouldn't affect the others.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #455
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

on my current file(standard game) i'm noticing that more and more teams are having cap problems. I'm in the off season atm so not sure what the teams will do but is there a way to fix this? I think i raised the cap by 2million when i started. For example: I'm on august 1st right now, Anaheim is at the salary cap and only have 19 contracts.

edit: i simmed to pre-season start, not sure it's even cap problem, but for some reason a bunch of teams are staying around 25 contracts.

Last edited by Eugus; 02-08-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #456
Scottababc
Minors (Single A)

How does the "Son-of" system work? For when it happens naturally does it only happen after a player retires? And if so, how long after the retirement will you see the son pop up?
Scottababc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #457
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
on my current file(standard game) i'm noticing that more and more teams are having cap problems. I'm in the off season atm so not sure what the teams will do but is there a way to fix this? I think i raised the cap by 2million when i started. For example: I'm on august 1st right now, Anaheim is at the salary cap and only have 19 contracts.

edit: i simmed to pre-season start, not sure it's even cap problem, but for some reason a bunch of teams are staying around 25 contracts.
We may need to see that save if you don't mind uploading it. I don't think we've seen anything quite that low before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottababc View Post
How does the "Son-of" system work? For when it happens naturally does it only happen after a player retires? And if so, how long after the retirement will you see the son pop up?
Right now, yes - only after retirement. For the most part, you'll start seeing guys 15-20 years after retirement.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #458
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to sort all players and all staffs by ratings, not just free agents ?
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #459
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you have a fastspring version, there is an issue with drag and drop currently that we are working on fixing. Right now you have to click in the checkmark boxes and then click on the lineup spot.
Is there an ETA on this ?
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #460
Schifty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokid90 View Post
Is there a way to sort all players and all staffs by ratings, not just free agents ?
yeah click on the column you want to be sort......
Schifty is offline   Reply With Quote