Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Public BETA OOTP 20 patch, build 20.6.54 available!

Important: This patch is only for OOTP 20 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version. It is also available via the Steam client.
It is NOT compatible with the Origin or Mac OSX AppStore version!

Hi!

We have been working more on the game recently and are nearing another official patch release. So, here's the public beta of it, version 20.6.54. If this works fine we'll release it officially on Monday. Have a nice weekend

We have tested this build for 24 hours and did not find any issues, however use this at your own risk! Please back up important league files before loading them in this beta.

Note: This version is compatible with previous builds in online leagues.

Changelist (20.6.54):
- Improved OD rosters including updated 2019 draft class and international free agents (need to create new game for changes to apply)
- Added ability to copy camera views to a park, copy a park's camera views to all parks (Ballpark Editor screen, 3D tab)
- Tweaked fielding ratings for historical players
- Fixed fielding stats import/export to include advanced metrics
- No longer count pitching stats for MVP consideration when not allowing pitchers to win MVP is checked
- Adjusted rookie of the month selection (more bonus to pitchers)
- Adjusted some logic for where a two-way pitcher is set into the lineup, how often two-way pitchers bunt
- Fixed some historical issues with HBP getting out of control
- Fixed case where minor league players were incorrectly eligible for playoff rosters
- Fixed exiting a game in progress not resuming properly
- PT: Added "Quicksell now" button to auction dialog
- PT: Fixed link for the "Bulk Purchase" button in the PP store screen
- Several other small bug fixes and crash fixes

How to access the beta on Steam:
  • Quit OOTP 20 if it's running.
  • Open Steam client -> Library
  • Right click on Out of the Park Baseball 20
  • Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the menu
  • Click on the beta tab. Here, enter the following code / password: ootp20pubbeta
  • Open the beta pull-down and select "publicbeta".
  • Close the Steam client (Steam menu -> Exit)
  • Open the client again. It should then download the beta build.
Update Info for our webstore customers: To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. Updates always contain all the changes from previous updates. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

!!!Attention!!! Because we have switched our webshop recently, please make sure that you download the correct setup file. If you bought prior to June 20, you most likely bought in the eSellerate store, after that date in the FastSpring store!

Download link for PC Beta (eSellerate Webstore Version):
Main server: PC Installer eSellerate

Here's a PC installer (eSellerate) that installs into a single folder, which is useful for external HDs for example. Or for creating a second test install of the game, so you can try the patch out without the risk of messing up your main install of the game if something is wrong in the patch:
PC Single Folder Installer (eSellerate)

Download link for PC Beta (FastSpring Webstore Version):
Main server: PC Installer FastSpring

Here is the Single Folder Version of the FastSpring webstore PC installer: PC Single Folder Installer (FastSpring)

Download link for Mac (eSellerate):
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer eSellerate

Download link for Mac (FastSpring):
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer FastSpring

Download link for Linux:
http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...20linux.tar.gz

Please post here if you have any issues or if you run into major bugs. Thanks!

Cheers,
Markus & the entire OOTP Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

The roster updates for this patch should include everyone who was drafted this year, even those who didn't sign.

We also added the top 30 July 2nd signings per MLB Pipeline, as well as quite a few of the lower level July 2nd guys.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

Noticed the new view behind home plate. Thanks
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
SB1985
Minors (Single A)

This may be a silly question but I have never owned this game before in previous versions. Will the non-drafted free agents that have already signed after the draft be included into the player pool to be draft eligible when we start a new season after the update? Meaning the players that are already on team rosters that weren’t drafted but signed after the draft, will they be eligible for the draft when it comes up on the day in the game?
SB1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Any chance sign all Draft Picks to a contract next Pstch?
Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Any chance sign all Draft Picks to a contract next Pstch?
If you use the Live start, all the signed picks will be with their teams in this patch.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:25 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1985 View Post
This may be a silly question but I have never owned this game before in previous versions. Will the non-drafted free agents that have already signed after the draft be included into the player pool to be draft eligible when we start a new season after the update? Meaning the players that are already on team rosters that weren’t drafted but signed after the draft, will they be eligible for the draft when it comes up on the day in the game?
All that are currently in the db, yes.

There are probably around 30-40 UDFA's or so that we're still in the process of dding.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
JerseyDan421
Minors (Single A)

I downloaded this update and also do a "live start" and I'm not sure if there's a problem or if I'm doing it wrong... Some things I noticed Juan Then is still on the yankees. late round draft picks are in the game but are free agents and I don't see any of the international players on teams(unless if they come into game July 1st)

so im really not sure, if I'm hitting the wrong options or if there's an issue
JerseyDan421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:45 PM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What I'm talking about is in real life have to sign all Draft Picks to a Contract will that make it in the future or even own the rights to a Draft Pick but if not signed in like 4 years has to reenter Draft or becomes a Free-Agent.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #10
mars001
All Star Reserve

Are there any animation fixes included in the "Several other small bug fixes and crash fixes" bucket?
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #11
swoboda
All Star Starter

Copy camera views to other stadia !
Yes !!

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #12
james17
All Star Starter

Feeling dumb about this but where is the ballpark editor? I really want to experiment with the camera views.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #13
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Feeling dumb about this but where is the ballpark editor? I really want to experiment with the camera views.
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...allpark_editor
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 PM   #14
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Copy camera views to other stadia !
Yes !!
Just started to play with this. It is one of those "small" things that is a huge addition! Kind of the graphics equivalent of autocalc. Too cool
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:55 PM   #15
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Adjusted some logic for where a two-way pitcher is set into the lineup, how often two-way pitchers bunt

Excited for this improvement in particular. Thanks guys for taking my suggestion into account!
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:00 AM   #16
zappa1
All Star Starter

I can report no crashes or freezes with the latest update on my PC.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:18 AM   #17
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

So the new view behind home plate is nice, the one behind CF does nothing for me because it's too far out. When selecting that view I'm outside the stadium, behind the wall, can't see anything.

The problem I'm having is, as soon as I create a custom view, then the HP and CF views are no longer available in game. Just the original wide and default show up plus my custom view. As you can see in the image, I have a custom view called "Catcher", and if you look at the drop down, only the original 2 views plus my custom view are available.

So creating a custom view seems to over write the new views.

2nd image is the new CF view at Kauffman
Attached Images
Image Image 
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:22 AM   #18
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

The CF view may well have to do with the fact I'm playing on a large monitor at 2560 x 1440.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The new views added were added for one park and we simply just copied them to all parks.Unfortunately due to the way stadiums are laid out or how models are created, for some parks, some of them might not work properly.

As for the first stadium, that to me looks like the default stadium, so something must have happened there to switch away from the field they should be on.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #20
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
So the new view behind home plate is nice, the one behind CF does nothing for me because it's too far out. When selecting that view I'm outside the stadium, behind the wall, can't see anything.

The problem I'm having is, as soon as I create a custom view, then the HP and CF views are no longer available in game. Just the original wide and default show up plus my custom view. As you can see in the image, I have a custom view called "Catcher", and if you look at the drop down, only the original 2 views plus my custom view are available.

So creating a custom view seems to over write the new views.

2nd image is the new CF view at Kauffman
FWIW I'm on a pc and have not had any problem saving multiple additional views. IE 1b line, 3b line, LF-RF corners. Default views are still there. Looks like you are hitting the "replace current camera" (or whatever it's called) rather than "saving as new camera" (again, or whatever it's called).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
The CF view may well have to do with the fact I'm playing on a large monitor at 2560 x 1440.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The new views added were added for one park and we simply just copied them to all parks.Unfortunately due to the way stadiums are laid out or how models are created, for some parks, some of them might not work properly.
I play on a 2560*1440 too and the only issue is the view starts outside the stadium same as you. You can either click on the zoom button and hold it down until the camera is in the stadium or hold "right click" (I think it's RC) and drag the field towards you until the camera is inside the stadium.

I anticipated, as Matt notes, that views would need tweaking to accommodate the different structure of each stadium. So I build my views in my home park (Wrigley), copy to each stadium, and then make adjustments from there. I've only done two other stadiums, so far, but was surprised at how little tweaking the new views needed. Having said that, so far, I've had to drag to fix the CF view for all three stadiums.

Last edited by Sweed; 07-27-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote