Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

No Job is safe in this League

AI run team, just had an 18 game winning streak snapped. This is in the next days news. I guess he was supposed to win 19 in a row?
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Lol, he went 2-1 over his next 3 games and was promptly fired.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Lol, he went 2-1 over his next 3 games and was promptly fired.
I mean, there's a lot of different things that go into it. What was the owner's expectations? How were you doing previously?

It's possible something went wrong, but it's possible you owner was really mad before this.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Not my team. AI Team as stated. They were dominating the league, in 1st by a large margin.

How exactly do you turn your fortunes around after going 18-1, unless it's going 19-0?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not my team. AI Team as stated. They were dominating the league, in 1st by a large margin.

How exactly do you turn your fortunes around after going 18-1, unless it's going 19-0?
Whoops misread that AI part.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's extremely unlikely to get a firing, particularly so quickly, with only 2 losses in a 22-game stretch, regardless of the overall situation. I'd like to have a look at the save if you still have it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I still have it, and you can certainly have it. I'm quite tired of seeing coaches fired at such odd times.

I've had coaches get fired after game 2 of the play-offs with the series tied 1-1. What's up with that?

I've seen coaches fired on the last day of the season, when their team made the play-offs.

NY Rangers dominated the league all season one year, totally dominated. Then, with 2 days left in the season there was a news article about how the coaches job is in danger.

Every single season there are coaching jobs in jeopardy that just shouldn't be.

I have purchased every version of this game, but 5 is the first version I've gotten into, but honestly I'm just about out of it. Repetitiveness is killing my enjoyment.

I have a laundry list of items that are still seriously lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I think this game is good, and it has come a long way since 1, but it has a long way to go. I've been an OOTP owner since version 1 and I have no doubt this game will reach those heights eventually.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:20 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I'm curious - do you have a plan to add more news stories? Are you looking for volunteers to write?

I wrote a lot of stories for OOTP (was on BETA for a number of years) when that game started using news stories and such. Would be happy to contribute to FHM 6 stories if you are looking for some help in that area.

I just find the stories are too few right now, and that causes the same ones to appear too often.

Anyway, if you would like a copy of the file for the above game, point me to the directions for the upload and I'll do so.

Thanks for looking into this, I really do like where this game is going.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=292870

To upload saves
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

File uploaded under the name "BluenoserNHL17"

Same as OOTP, you just need the dat files correct?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it. Yeah, just the dats is fine, usually.

I'm not sure what happened here, since it's several years back in the game. He's well ahead of last year's pace, there's no extended losing streak, and the team's overall record is good, so none of the usual required triggers, but he still got fired somehow. We're going to have to take a look at that code to see if there's any possible place a guy with a record like that could slip through.

Re: helping with the news, we're going to be recruiting more researchers, testers, etc. in July-ish, but since you've been on the testing team before (and still have test forum access, I think - check if you can get in and let me know if not) and know how to do news text (it's the same type of editor as OOTP), give me a few days and I'll get in touch with access details for the editor and a list of what we need.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:55 AM   #12
Jpotapoff
Minors (Double A)

I have the same thing potentially happening in my league.
Twice now news have been posting that the Head Coach's job is on the line and if he doesn't start getting some wins he'll be fired. He was something like 17 and 5 at the first time the news was posted. The second time was after the first loss after 5 wins in a row.
I guess he'll get fired in a few months if his team doesn't go undefeated for the rest of the season.

I'm now hitting a crash every time I try to continue to the next day so I now have a bigger problem to worry about so might not find out how this AI team coach's job goes. (Submitted a support ticket for the crash)
Jpotapoff is offline   Reply With Quote