Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Suggestions

1. Add in the quotes/facts from iOOTP 2014!!! They were so good!

2. Readjust player ratings. How can Devin Mesoraco be rated 2 stars and Joey Votto 5???

3. Fix team budgets. For example, the Reds have $160,000,000 in their payroll, when in reality last season it was at a record-high $114,000,000.

4. When you demote a player, their morale shouldn't automatically go down. Oftentimes by the end of the season my entire team has those frowny faces, even if we did well and they get game time, because they've been moved up and down for various purposes such as injuries.

5. Fictional Leagues still have 14 teams in League 1 (AL) and 16 teams in League 2 (NL). It should be 15/15.

6. Landscape mode with the volume buttons down (iPhone 5) is super buggy. It's almost like you have to tap higher than the actual thing you want to select. Not sure if this is an isolated issue or a bug, but I have a feeling it's the latter considering I've never experienced this in any other app and it works fine if the volume buttons are up.

7. Free agency seems messed up, with some star pitchers requesting contracts as low as 12M per year and some average batters asking for 30M+.

8. Not sure if this is a bug, but there are numerous players in the Amateur Draft that generate with both pitcher and batter positions. Players should be a pitcher or a batter, not both.

9. Another youth issue is the number of high-rated players that appear in the draft. Oftentimes players are good enough to implement into the team immediately, despite the fact that most players require at least 1 season to develop, with rare cases such as Mike Leake requiring 1 of rest following their college season.

Last edited by mac2298; 04-13-2015 at 01:22 PM.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I totally noticed both 1 and 6. Definitely agree. I'd also love to see photos of the actual ballparks added since licenses have been obtained for MLB.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd also love to see some added features for the One-Pitch games. I will often Take Pitch because it seems to get my batters more walks than hitting Swing. So I'd love to see the Balls/Strikes count on screen somewhere. And I'd like to be able to take a pitch when the count has 2 strikes. The reason I like playing One-Pitch is because it allows me to make the games last a little longer or go really fast when I don't have much time. Those features would really add to my enjoyment and ability to effectively play that way.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
wodi
All Star Reserve

I agree with the moral point. When I make a trade and its a major leaguer for a prospect, I move the guy to the minors so the incoming prospect goes to the minors cause if I send him down his moral will decrease.

Yes if a guy who could or should be in the majors they should be unhappy about being demoted but every player, especially prospects shouldn't necessarily get upset.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote